ADVERTISEMENT

Trivia - who was Iowa’s fastest running back since 1980?

For those too young, look up Nick Bell football highlights. I just did to make sure I wasn’t misremembering. JFC unreal. During one of the highlights an announcer said he was projected as a top 5 NFL pick. Plus, a bunch of the highlights were him catching the ball. Not sure what happened and won’t speculate but a guy that size, who can catch and run a 4.5?! He was a beast.

For those too young, look up Nick Bell football highlights. I just did to make sure I wasn’t misremembering. JFC unreal. During one of the highlights an announcer said he was projected as a top 5 NFL pick. Plus, a bunch of the highlights were him catching the ball. Not sure what happened and won’t speculate but a guy that size, who can catch and run a 4.5?! He was a beast.
Nick Bell trampled Illini defenders and their Rose Bowl hopes in Champaign in 1990. Tony Stewart was very good too. It was a fun game.

Combine results

To this day, I don’t know how Nick Bell was not a stud on Sunday’s. He was LB size and could run a 4.5 40 at a time when RB’s were at a premium in the NFL. I don’t know enough about football or any inside info. but he was a total freak. Just surprised.
It took him some time to get going which was too long in the NFL. They should have run Bell on a jet sweep. That would have been fun to watch.

I would have guessed shaw was a tad faster than tavian. They were both blazin.

Reactions: GOHOX69
8 year old me really thought I had something with my Nick Bell rookie card. Also thought it was so cool to see a Hawkeye jersey on it.

61m8a7jN1wL._AC_SL1120_.jpg

Combine results

To this day, I don’t know how Nick Bell was not a stud on Sunday’s. He was LB size and could run a 4.5 40 at a time when RB’s were at a premium in the NFL. I don’t know enough about football or any inside info. but he was a total freak. Just surprised.
Agility and short area change of direction is much more important than size and top end speed in my opinion at RB.

ADVERTISEMENT