ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s Latest Dinner Guest: Nick Fuentes, White Supremacist

Here's the thing.

D's are celebrating the mid-terms. Rightly so because it was historically bad for the opposition party.

BUT.....the R's took back the house with that huge anchor around their neck. That should give D's a little pause but it hasn't.

If the R's can somehow extricate themselves from Trump in 2024 it could mean some serious ass whoopin coming the D's way.....

Having said that...I think the R's are incapable of extricating themselves but if they do....
It's funny in a weird way how you seemingly assign blame to the Dems for the Republican core turning bat shit crazy. Or, that the Dems need to work a extra hard to overcome the whackos who vote for the MTGs of the world.
I'm on team normal, Bins. It isn't on me.

Last edited:
They were just like too many abused and beaten wives, they thought they could change him. They figured once he became president, he would act presidential. Instead it was week after week of total chaos.
So many establishment donors and politicians told themselves this. "He'll grow into the office". Turns out when you take a narcissistic racist who reads and writes at the 4th grade level they don't grow into the toughest job in the world.

Donald Trump claimed he did not know who Nick Fuentes was before sitting down to dinner with him and other guests at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate last week. But Fuentes is certainly well known to the groups that track racist and antisemitic trends in American society.
While the Justice Department has described Fuentes in court papers as a white supremacist, that barely begins to fully capture the range of inflammatory views he has expressed denigrating Black people, Jews, women, L.G.B.T.Q. Americans, Muslims and immigrants.
At age 24, Fuentes has become a star on the far right for a font of extremist statements that would have disqualified him from meeting with any other modern president. He has used a racist slur for Black people; called homosexuality “disgusting”; asserted that the Republican Party was “run by Jews, atheists and homosexuals”; said it would be better if women could not vote; compared himself to Hitler and hoped for “a total Aryan victory”; declared that “the First Amendment was not written for Muslims”; and maintained that Jim Crow segregation “was better for them, it’s better for us, it’s better in general.”
Fuentes first came to prominence in 2017 when he attended the ultraright rally in Charlottesville, Va., after which Trump asserted that there were “very fine people on both sides” even as he denounced neo-Nazis. Fuentes dropped out of Boston University after saying he had received threats stemming from his attendance at the rally and began hosting a livestream show, “America First,” that same year, generating an audience of followers called Groypers, named for a cartoon frog.
Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

He founded the America First Political Action Conference in 2020 and hosted far-right Republicans in the House including Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Paul Gosar of Arizona. Fuentes rejects the term white supremacist because it is an “anti-white slur,” but embraces the language of white racism and antisemitism and calls himself a “reactionary” and a “misogynist.”
Trump often claims not to know much about extremists whose support he accepts, as he did with the former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, the Proud Boys and followers of QAnon. But even if it were true in this case, Fuentes was brought to the dinner by Kanye West, the rapper now known as Ye, who was invited by Trump at the very moment West was under fire for antisemitic comments of his own. And even afterward, Trump did not condemn Fuentes, leaving white nationalists to view the dinner as validation.
While news organizations are naturally reluctant to amplify hateful statements, it is important to understand just what we’re talking about when we discuss someone welcomed to the table of a former president seeking to return to the White House. So here is a summary compiled with the help of my colleague Ian Prasad Philbrick from research by the Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center and other organizations and news outlets. Fuentes did not respond to requests for an interview passed along through a lawyer.

Antisemitism and racism​

Fuentes regularly invokes fears of a “white genocide” and echoes replacement theory, which holds that elites seek to “replace” white Americans with immigrants and other people of color. The theory has inspired a number of mass shootings in recent years, including at a Pittsburgh synagogue, a Walmart in El Paso and a Buffalo supermarket.
“Our civilization is being dismantled, our people are being genocided, and conservatives can’t think past what will play well with liberal media in the next election,” Fuentes once tweeted. He has also said, “The Founders never intended for America to be a refugee camp for nonwhite people.” And on Alex Jones’s Infowars last year, he said, “I don’t see Jews as Europeans and I don’t see them as part of Western civilization, particularly because they are not Christians.”

Fuentes has advanced Holocaust denial, or what he calls Holocaust “revision,” most memorably in a video riff in which he compared Nazi death camps to Cookie Monster baking cookies, suggesting it was not possible to have killed six million Jews during World War II. He later said the video was only a “lampoon,” while saying he does acknowledge the Holocaust, and he has said he uses “irony” to discuss taboo subjects.

Violence and politics​

While again saying he was only kidding, Fuentes appeared to endorse violence against women, telling one listener on his livestream who asked how to punish a wife “for getting out of line” that he should hit her.
“Why don’t you take your hand and give her a vicious slap right across her face, right across her ignorant face?” he said. “Why don’t you give her a vicious and forceful backhanded slap with your knuckles right across her face, disrespectfully, and make it hurt?” He then disavowed violence and claimed he was joking, saying he would never strike a woman “unless she deserved it.”
Fuentes has praised the fall of the American-backed government in Afghanistan because the Taliban “is a conservative, religious force” while “the U.S. is godless and liberal,” and cheered on President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, saying, “Can we give a round of applause for Russia?” He has said that the crusades and the inquisitions were “pretty good stuff” and that he wanted the “people that run CNN to be arrested and deported or hanged.”
As for the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, when he and other Trump supporters rallied outside the building, Fuentes has called it “awesome” and “lighthearted mischief.” On the anniversary of the riot, he revered it as “part of our new heritage,” adding that it should be a holiday. “This is a historic moment for us,” he said. “We should celebrate that it happened, absolutely.”
Related: Some Jewish Republicans who were among Trump’s staunchest supporters are backing away over concerns he is legitimizing antisemitism.

Reactions: ft254 and Ree4
Here's the thing.

D's are celebrating the mid-terms. Rightly so because it was historically bad for the opposition party.

BUT.....the R's took back the house with that huge anchor around their neck. That should give D's a little pause but it hasn't.

If the R's can somehow extricate themselves from Trump in 2024 it could mean some serious ass whoopin coming the D's way.....

Having said that...I think the R's are incapable of extricating themselves but if they do....
Rs don't back Trump for Trump. They back him for the tens of millions of racists and bigots he brings to the polls. If they back a rational Republican candidate, those tens of millions of racists and bigots disappear. So separation of Trump (or at least the racism he stands for) from the GOP is nearly impossible.

The party is boxed in. All the Dems have to do is watch them implode.

It's funny in a weird way how you seemingly assign blame to the Dems for the Republican core turning bat shit crazy. Or, that the Dems need to work a extra hard to overcome the whackos who vote for the MTGs of the world.
I'm no team normal, Bins. It isn't on me.
I think you're reading a little too much into my post. Not "blaming" the D's for anything. Just think instead of taking a victory lap the D's should ask themselves...."how the F did the crazy R party take back the house"? Why are people still voting for crazy over us? Maybe we need to tamp down on our own crazy elements so we can garner more votes.

Just a thought.

The party is boxed in. All the Dems have to do is watch them implode.
Seems to be the D policy....we'll see how that works out in 2024.

The R's path forward is pretty clear....don't put forward the MAGA extreme candidates in "purple" states. Recipe for a "L". If they continue with the crazy D's win....if not?

I think you're reading a little too much into my post. Not "blaming" the D's for anything. Just think instead of taking a victory lap the D's should ask themselves...."how the F did the crazy R party take back the house"? Why are people still voting for crazy over us? Maybe we need to tamp down on our own crazy elements so we can garner more votes.

Just a thought.
That's only a valid thought if you think "crazy" Democrat elements are things like gun control and abortion rights.

The R's path forward is pretty clear....don't put forward the MAGA extreme candidates in "purple" states. Recipe for a "L". If they continue with the crazy D's win....if not?
What's not in the republican recipe is any sort of policy proposal. It's obstruction and misinformation.

They can't just do this. Rs have to embrace MAGA. Reynolds did. Grassley did. They all won. And all of the Rs who opposed him, like Cheney, lost their seats.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
They can't just do this. Rs have to embrace MAGA. Reynolds did. Grassley did. They all won. And all of the Rs who opposed him, like Cheney, lost their seats.
Specifically it’s the Trump backed election deniers that lost the purple contested races. Get rid of those and this last election probably goes better for R’s

Let's pretend that Trump really didn't know who Fuentes is? It's been 5-6 days of negative publicity, and Trump certainly knows who Fuentes is now. Why won't he disavow the things Fuentes says and believes?
This seems like a lay up, just condemn the guy who doubts the Holocaust happened, and who thinks white people are being replaced by dirty foreigners. Oh, because he'd look weak, and because the core of the GOP is trending this way.

D's better not bank on that...might want to study why they still lost the house v a dysfunctional R party. Maybe make some adjustments accordingly and not bank on the fact the R's will remain crazy.
The GOP wasn't considered dysfunctional until the red wave became nothing more than a trickle. No one would call them that if the expected results proved true. Now, I agree that the Dems need to focus on bringing more people to the voting booth, especially the younger voters with sound policy and much better messaging.

The GOP wasn't considered dysfunctional until the red wave became nothing more than a trickle. No one would call them that if the expected results proved true. Now, I agree that the Dems need to focus on bringing more people to the voting booth, especially the younger voters with sound policy and much better messaging.
that's debatable :)

Joe Scarborough - This Is Your Republican Party; This Is Why You Keep Losing Elections

Wishful thinking on Mika's part that Republicans obsessing over Hillary's emails and Hunter's laptop (think they just don't trust computers because they can't figure out how to work them?) will find the dinner with Fuentes a bridge too far.

D's better not bank on that...might want to study why they still lost the house v a dysfunctional R party. Maybe make some adjustments accordingly and not bank on the fact the R's will remain crazy.
I don't know how you dial back the crazy at this point. My sister in law is married to a very conservative vet. Still teaches at the naval academy. He's essentially moved out of the house to get away from the crazy. I think a good number of the hard core trumpers aren't coming back to reality any time soon. So the GOP has to continue to court them, or risk losing a dedicated part of their current base.

I don't know how you dial back the crazy at this point. My sister in law is married to a very conservative vet. Still teaches at the naval academy. He's essentially moved out of the house to get away from the crazy. I think a good number of the hard core trumpers aren't coming back to reality any time soon. So the GOP has to continue to court them, or risk losing a dedicated part of their current base.

Yea, they've doubled down and there's no coming back.... there needs to be a de-programming program like the allies had for the Nazis and the Japanese after WWII

Last edited:
Definitely looking that way. The needle can be threaded though…even the biggest Trump fans I know are getting a little tired of his antics.

We’ll see…

Let's pretend that Trump really didn't know who Fuentes is? It's been 5-6 days of negative publicity, and Trump certainly knows who Fuentes is now. Why won't he disavow the things Fuentes says and believes?
This seems like a lay up, just condemn the guy who doubts the Holocaust happened, and who thinks white people are being replaced by dirty foreigners. Oh, because he'd look weak, and because the core of the GOP is trending this way.
I can absolutely believe he had no idea who he was but I can promise you that once he found out the guy loved Trump I’m sure he was welcomed with open arms.

The one thing that sticks out to me is that Trump invited Kanye. Such an epically stupid decision.

It is something that the GOP can rally around and out the fuker into the political grave

Ron 2024

Wishful thinking on Mika's part that Republicans obsessing over Hillary's emails and Hunter's laptop (think they just don't trust computers because they can't figure out how to work them?) will find the dinner with Fuentes a bridge too far.

I love seeing numbnuts Ferentz's photo on a political posting. The quintessential example of a person given exactly what is necessary and accomplishing half of what is expected.

F*** Nazis

I've said before, I don't hate much, but I hate Nazis.
Both of my grandfathers and two of my great uncles volunteered to help defeat the cancer that is Nazism. I wish they were still around but I'm glad they don't have to witnesses one of our two political parties embrace these pieces of shit. Current day Republicans are trash and Trump voters enabled it. They deserve this shit but the country doesn't

ADVERTISEMENT