ADVERTISEMENT

Trump: “I told my wife how brave I was.” //// "I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor but they said that would be inappropriate"

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Mediaite reports:

Trump recalled a chapter from his presidency when he flew to Iraq on Air Force One to assess the battle against ISIS, and he spoke of how they had to dim the lights on the plane to avoid detection. Trump kept on expressing concern that he couldn’t see the runway, and he recalled “I told my wife how brave I was.” In the end, the landing went fine, so Trump said he asked “how did I do, Captain? Wasn’t I brave? I didn’t think you were gonna land.”
“In fact,” Trump went on, “as president, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor but they wouldn’t let me do it. I’ve always wanted that, but they wouldn’t let me do it. They said that would be inappropriate.” The Medal of Honor is awarded to servicemen in the armed forces who distinguish themselves by going beyond the call of duty and risking their own lives to advance America’s military operations.

Here is the video of Agent Orange speaking in Tampa

2:17:14 starts with General Raisin Cane and a rant about Isis

2:19:00 I’m going to fly over to Iraq

2:20:20 they come to me about shutting the shades on the windows

2:20:50 they tell him they are turning off the lights

2:21:29 they take him up to the cockpit

2:22:25 1000 feet

2:23:02 I told my wife how brave I was

2:23:25 500 feet

2:24:06 plane lands

The video should be cued up to start at 2:17:14

Last edited:
Here is the video of Agent Orange speaking in Tampa

2:17:14 starts with General Raisin Cane and a rant about Isis

2:19:00 I’m going to fly over to Iraq

2:20:20 they come to me about shutting the shades on the windows

2:20:50 they tell him they are turning off the lights

2:21:29 they take him up to the cockpit

The video should be cued up to start at 2:17:14

I can’t do it. I can’t listen to it. I got about 7 seconds and had to shut it down. Sorry Ox.

Last edited:
When I read these things I often say to myself, there’s no way that’s true. It can’t be true. No one is actually like that as an adult. Sadly, most of the time it turned out to be 100% factual.
And the crazy thing is he probably made that specific story up since all he does is lie. He made up a story that makes him sound like a dopey little kid. I’m not sure what is worse, he made it up or it actually happened.

My cousin, two time Trump voter and soon to be three time Trump supporter, said that he's obviously joking and totally not being serious. Definitely no history of behavior to suggest a pathologic narcissistic disorder. He's obviously just "trolling the libs".

My cousin, two time Trump voter and soon to be three time Trump supporter, said that he's obviously joking and totally not being serious. Definitely no history of behavior to suggest a pathologic narcissistic disorder. He's obviously just "trolling the libs".
Assume he’s right…joking about the MoH? What a knee slapper!

It’s why I’ve never believed all their phony patriotism and flag hugging.

Any person who admits to being a two time Trump voter is very likely a three time Trump voter. Those people also voted for him in the 2016 primary. The ones who are silent about their support or want to change the subject might have voted for Jeb, Little Marco or Ted.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
The video is now private. I guess they don't want the medal of honor comment circulating or the part after the plane landed where he had a meeting with General Raisin Cane where it very much sounded like he encouraged the generals to commit war crimes.

Reactions: h-hawk and IACub
Thumbnail

Thumbnail

I am surprised he didn't find a way to get that medal. It would fit his megalomaniac personality perfectly.
I'm surprised he didn't swagger off of Air Force One with that medal festooned on a uniform he designed himself. Something like what he saw when he met Russian or North Korean generals. He'd have to have the most medals. The very best medals.

If only his parents had hugged him a time or two.
Or, imagine if his parents hadn't been emotionally distant alcoholics who enabled his worst behaviors as a child. Or, imagine if his parents had addressed Donald's learning disorders instead of shipping him off to a military academy to buy him a high school diploma, and then Penn to buy him a college degree.

Reactions: h-hawk and IACub
My father fought in WWII under General Patton and
General Patch in the tank corps. He never talked about
the war or the dangers he faced. My dad was just happy
he could serve his country and return home safely.
There were plenty of humble soldiers in our army.

Kudos to your dad and all servicemen and women.

Thanks for your father’s service, Lute.

Reactions: LuteHawk
ADVERTISEMENT