ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

Oh please. We've seen this before. The boot lickers will be out any day to say that:

A) He never said it
B) He was taken out of context
C) Didn't hear the tape so I can't comment (reserved for members of Congress only)
D) He was making a joke and libs were too stupid to get it
E) Woodward is part of the "lame stream" media out to get Trump

He said he didn't want to create panic. I would have done the same thing since they were dealing with something that we had very little knowledge of then.

Isn't that when we started to hear the word xenophobe thrown around every 4 minutes?
Dude

The left called him racist for having the audacity to shut down flights to China on Jan 31st. Did you want him to just lock up the nation like those other swell communist dictators did across the globe? Not going to happen in America- if you thought it would then you are naive.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Thank you for being honest.

There isn't a damn thing he could have done that wouldn't have been ridiculed or parsed. He was wrong in the lefts eyes no matter what he did.

You are correct, everything Trump did would be parsed for political gain. But to recap, here is what he actually did:

Learned early on that the virus spread easily and had the potential to be deadly.

Consciously decided to downplay the threat and purposely withheld information the public needed.

Encouraged public behavior he knew could lead to increased illness and death. “Liberate Michigan” in April while NYC was losing over a thousand people a day.

Tried to play it off in the end that he was some type of savior.

The man is trash.

Trump's gonna step in it ...... you just know that Woodward is holding more tape (holy cow, Trump gave 18 recorded interviews) and Woodward will release Trump on tape contradicting himself....... not that it will matter to the residents of Jonestown.

Trump's gonna step in it ...... you just know that Woodward is holding more tape (holy cow, Trump gave 18 recorded interviews) and Woodward will release Trump on tape contradicting himself....... not that it will matter to the residents of Jonestown.
Man, your avatar is very cool! That is an awesome pic of Tommy Bolin!

You have answered the question. It isn't about the virus or this thread or any trade agreements or care packages. Its "orange man bad" , open it, close it, pay ever bill out of pocket, no matter what he did he was going to be wrong because orange man bad.
Do you know how you can tell when you've lost the debate? See the quoted post.

Do you know how you can tell when you've lost the debate? See the quoted post.
Debate? Debate my ball sack across your chin. You are a Partizan hack who doesn't have the nuts to acknowledge when someone with different views does something successful. Leadership is often about picking the lesser of two evils, there isn't a damn thing that could have been done that would have made everyone stop and thank him.

Man, your avatar is very cool! That is an awesome pic of Tommy Bolin!
I grew up about 10 blocks from the Bolins and made friends with his younger brother while we attended the same school for a few years.

Trump is so effed with this latest revelation.

Woodward is probably the most respected journalist on the face of the Earth.

These last few days have been disastrous for the WH. At this point, I'm not even sure any debate performance can shift this race.

The RNC has a very big decision to make... throw $$$ at a losing Presidential campaign or try and salvage the Senate? The Dems are poised to increase their majority in the House.

A lot of powerful people downplayed the virus because they were more afraid of the economic impact caused by fear of the virus than they were the virus itself.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday urged New Yorkers to keep the threat of virus in perspective.

"We went through this before: Zika virus, Ebola, et cetera. But let's have some connection to the reality of the situation," he said. "Catching the flu right now is a much greater risk than anything that has anything to do with coronavirus."
And, in comes the boot licker.

Just some brief takeaways:
1. How f****** dumb is Trump for giving interviews with Woodward? It sounds like Trump was breathlessly calling Woodward to chat, to impress him. It's like Mariy Trump said in her book, he just wants to sit on the phone and BS all day long.
2. The need for adulation and recognition in Trump is stunning. Especially from dictators and the talking heads.
3. Of course he lied about the threat of the pandemic. He is a narcissist and only cares about his desires. He also knows that Kayleigh will go out and lie for him, and the prime time hosts of Fox will defend him.
4. Fauci will be fired.
5. Kudos to the wife of Dan Coats for putting Pence in a tight spot.
6. I have been saying for a long time, a lot of people are desperate to be on record as being on the right side of history. Too bad so few of them had the guts to stand up to Trump.

I grew up about 10 blocks from the Bolins and made friends with his younger brother while we attended the same school for a few years.
Awesome. He was an incredible player! I love listening to his playing and his songs. "Wild Dogs" is my favorite!

Reactions: nu2u
He said he didn't want to create panic. I would have done the same thing since they were dealing with something that we had very little knowledge of then.
Translation: Ignorance is bliss.

The American people can handle reality, but we need the truth to make informed decisions. What Trump did costed thousands of lives. That's not acceptable.

have been saying for a long time, a lot of people are desperate to be on record as being on the right side of history. Too bad so few of them had the guts to stand up to Trump.
Never forget them. There will be a reckoning.

He lied to us.

While publicly stating that it was no worse than the flu and that it would all be gone by April, in private he was admitting that it was way worse than the flu and that it was very dangerous.

That. Is. Lying.

He put American lives in jeopardy by intentionally and knowingly downplaying mass loss of lives. He admitted to as much.

He should be impeached over this.

He lied to us.

While publicly stating that it was no worse than the flu and that it would all be gone by April, in private he was admitting that it was way worse than the flu and that it was very dangerous.

That. Is. Lying.

He put American lives in jeopardy by intentionally and knowingly downplaying mass loss of lives. He admitted to as much.

Dude

The left called him racist for having the audacity to shut down flights to China on Jan 31st. Did you want him to just lock up the nation like those other swell communist dictators did across the globe? Not going to happen in America- if you thought it would then you are naive.

You find a straw in a dam and use that for your argument. So what? With those concentrations, that quickly it is just as reasonable to assume New York's infections came from Europe. Did the Orange Turd shut down shipping traffic from China? Do passengers arrive from China only on direct flights?

Infections came from passengers infected by passengers. Talk about being naïve. There is no way Covid-19 was not going to enter the U.S..

Last edited:
I don't get it. What's in this for you?
My hope is that someday one of you Democrats will finally crack and admit that Trump isn't the only one who made glaring mistakes in the early stages of this pandemic.

But my hope is fading steadily.

I don't get it. What's in this for you?

Usually I don’t watch him speak. I am actually going to watch just to see how he tries to spin this and how triggered he is goin to get at the hard questions coming his way.

Edit to add I replied to the wrong post.

Translation: Ignorance is bliss.

The American people can handle reality, but we need the truth to make informed decisions. What Trump did costed thousands of lives. That's not acceptable.

Informed decisions on something nobody really knew anything about and hardly do now. Ok

Just some brief takeaways:
1. How f****** dumb is Trump for giving interviews with Woodward? It sounds like Trump was breathlessly calling Woodward to chat, to impress him. It's like Mariy Trump said in her book, he just wants to sit on the phone and BS all day long.
2. The need for adulation and recognition in Trump is stunning. Especially from dictators and the talking heads.
3. Of course he lied about the threat of the pandemic. He is a narcissist and only cares about his desires. He also knows that Kayleigh will go out and lie for him, and the prime time hosts of Fox will defend him.
4. Fauci will be fired.
5. Kudos to the wife of Dan Coats for putting Pence in a tight spot.
6. I have been saying for a long time, a lot of people are desperate to be on record as being on the right side of history. Too bad so few of them had the guts to stand up to Trump.
And further divided a nation between those who don't believe his lies and those who have been conned by him and and refuse to accept they were wrong.

Once he is done as President and lacks political power there will be a tsunami of evidence proving his deception and incompetence.

You have answered the question. It isn't about the virus or this thread or any trade agreements or care packages. Its "orange man bad" , open it, close it, pay ever bill out of pocket, no matter what he did he was going to be wrong because orange man bad.
some truth to what you post but orange man proves on a daily basis how bad he . its like we are looking into a crystal ball and we can see his next ****up and poof it happens . its a good thing he followed obama and not bush or things would really be ****ed up .

He lied to us.

That. Is. Lying.

LOL

You think presidents don't lie or bend the truth to fit what they feel is best for the country? All of them do dude.

• Angry
Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT