ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

You find a straw in a dam and use that for your argument. So what? With those concentrations, that quickly it is just as reasonable to assume New York's infections came from Europe. Did the Orange Turd shut down shipping traffic from China? Do passengers arrive from China only on direct flights?

Infections came from passengers infected by passengers. Talk about being naïve. There is no way Covid-19 was not going to enter the U.S..

You got it!

Now if we can all just admit that there is not a great way to get rid of the virus in a truly free society without a vaccine, then we can get somewhere. Glad to see you are on board

• Sad
Reactions: naturalmwa
Informed decisions on something nobody really knew anything about and hardly do now. Ok
There was an entire playbook and response team left for Trump to use that he ignored. Testing/tracing and PPE as an initial response wasn't a secret. He chose to lie to the US and hope it went away. That lack of leadership cost thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.

Isn't that when we started to hear the word xenophobe thrown around every 4 minutes?

In January he said on tape it was serious and deadly and he was going to downplay it publicly. It is recorded. Him on tape. Recorded. Memorialized. Documented. Nothing Lying Sarah, or Lying Kayleigh can change or dispute. The Orange Turd can't say lie his way out of this one.

Now what?

Debate? Debate my ball sack across your chin. You are a Partizan hack who doesn't have the nuts to acknowledge when someone with different views does something successful. Leadership is often about picking the lesser of two evils, there isn't a damn thing that could have been done that would have made everyone stop and thank him.

And you aren’t a partisan hack? Rather than acknowledge what Trump did was wrong, you are on here bitching and crying about how MEAN and UNFAIR everyone is to poor little Donald Trump.

Blame the bank during the robbery. JFC.
Lol, wut?

I just provided you with a video of the Governor of the State of New York and the Commissioner of Health for the State of New York downplaying the danger of coronavirus and in fact stating that they were more concerned about seasonal flu and anti-Asian racism and xenophobia.

And that's the best response you can muster? Did you even watch the video?

Rosalind helderman claims the Russian people figured out the govt doesn’t care about them after the
Chernobyl coverup

lmao they didnt figure out the communists didn’t care about them after 40 million Russians were murdered by Stalin and Lenin

It was only after chernoby
gulags firing squads and mass starvation just didn’t convince them about the evil marxists

really stupid shit

He said he didn't want to create panic. I would have done the same thing since they were dealing with something that we had very little knowledge of then.

There is a difference between downplaying something to not create panic and recognizing there was a problem. He consistently, and regularly lied and said it was going away, it was like the flu, etc. He could easily have been telling everyone all along about the precautions we could have taken right away that could potentially minimize the outbreak. Instead, he turned mask-wearing into a civil rights somehow, blatantly ignores social distancing at his rallies, etc.

Lol, wut?

I just provided you with a video of the Governor of the State of New York and the Commissioner of Health for the State of New York downplaying the danger of coronavirus and in fact stating that they were more concerned about seasonal flu and anti-Asian racism and xenophobia.

One difference though...We now know that Trump KNEW, well before that video that this outbreak was serious, indicating that his future statements downplaying it were lies. Do we know the same about Cuomo and co?

And yes, they were wrong, they screwed up. They recognized that eventually. Trump still hasn't.

Lol, wut?

Where were they deriving their information? Do you think they had greater insight than Trump and his team?

This is a stretch even for you.

Reactions: nelly02
Lies that lead to two hundred thousand American deaths?

The excuses you make for him are sick. Reevaluate yourself.
You my friend are a delusional partisan hack. Did you listen to the quote from the President? He simply said he wanted to avoid panic until more information was known. Are you aware that weeks after this interview with Trump Pelosi and Cuomo in NY were all telling people everything was fine and people still need live their lives as normal? Of course not, that doesn't disparage Trump. Can't anything be judged honestly without the vitriolic hate for the President?

There is a difference between downplaying something to not create panic and recognizing there was a problem. He consistently, and regularly lied and said it was going away, it was like the flu, etc. He could easily have been telling everyone all along about the precautions we could have taken right away that could potentially minimize the outbreak. Instead, he turned mask-wearing into a civil rights somehow, blatantly ignores social distancing at his rallies, etc.
And refused to prepare behind the scenes.

You just asked OiT for a link.

giphy.gif
Think of it as a rhetorical question.

My hope is that someday one of you Democrats will finally crack and admit that Trump isn't the only one who made glaring mistakes in the early stages of this pandemic.

But my hope is fading steadily.
Mistakes were made by many in early days as info was scarce on the ground.

But this is not that. This is Trump on record, on tape, saying that he knew it was airborne and deadly, then days and weeks AFTERWARD tweeting and assuring Americans it was no worse thaN the flu.

That is grossly corrupt and dishonest.

A lot of powerful people downplayed the virus because they were more afraid of the economic impact caused by fear of the virus than they were the virus itself.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday urged New Yorkers to keep the threat of virus in perspective.

"We went through this before: Zika virus, Ebola, et cetera. But let's have some connection to the reality of the situation," he said. "Catching the flu right now is a much greater risk than anything that has anything to do with coronavirus."

On the other hand, Cuomo has dealt with the reality of the virus much better than some. He has “stayed the course” and followed the science...I see today where he is going to “open “ NY restaurants at the end of this month to 25% capacity...He, unlike my President, did not panic and lie...

On the other hand, Cuomo has dealt with the reality of the virus much better than some. He has “stayed the course” and followed the science...I see today where he is going to “open “ NY restaurants at the end of this month to 25% capacity...He, unlike my President, did not panic and lie...
Cuomo has also stated multiple times that he takes full responsibility for everything that’s happened there.

Trump has stated multiple times that he takes no responsibility.

Yea he only is responsible for thousands of nursing home deaths in NY

I remember when the governors sat in Top Secret security briefings at the White House about the threat of the pandemic and completely dismissed it. The governors also had easy access to world renowned experts, logistical resources, and endless money, just like the 45* administration. Exactly the same thing.

I remember when the governors sat in Top Secret security briefings at the White House about the threat of the pandemic and completely dismissed it. The governors also had easy access to world renowned experts, logistical resources, and endless money, just like the 45* administration. Exactly the same thing.
You didn’t watch the video, either? Did anyone watch it?

But this is not that. This is Trump on record, on tape, saying that he knew it was airborne and deadly, then days and weeks AFTERWARD tweeting and assuring Americans it was no worse thaN the flu.

Grossly corrupt and dishonest....this is simply example 1,536,987 to prove this is Trump in a nutshell in everything he says and does. He is a pathological liar, fraud and con and somehow people still don't get it or believe it and they still support him. The support for Trump was summed up perfectly by Rob Reiner...you are either racist, rich and greedy or ignorant and dumb. In some cases, individuals hit the trifecta and check off all three boxes. There is no other way to justify voting for or supporting Trump...none.

And held rallies, and didn’t wear a mask and belittled those who do, and directed states to open up, etc etc

You my friend are a delusional partisan hack. Did you listen to the quote from the President? He simply said he wanted to avoid panic until more information was known. Are you aware that weeks after this interview with Trump Pelosi and Cuomo in NY were all telling people everything was fine and people still need live their lives as normal? Of course not, that doesn't disparage Trump. Can't anything be judged honestly without the vitriolic hate for the President?
The CEO of Ford is caught on tape saying that their new SUV is deadly, but that he wants to downplay this information to not create panic from believing that their SUV is safe.

That is what Trump just did. It's not even negligence anymore. It is gross and intentional negligence to hide deadly information.

Pull your head out of your Trump loving ass.

You find a straw in a dam and use that for your argument. So what? With those concentrations, that quickly it is just as reasonable to assume New York's infections came from Europe. Did the Orange Turd shut down shipping traffic from China? Do passengers arrive from China only on direct flights?

Infections came from passengers infected by passengers. Talk about being naïve. There is no way Covid-19 was not going to enter the U.S..
Its like boasting that you brilliantly acted to lock the front door to prevent entrance by intruders but left the side doors unlocked and wide open. The other doors being open, they entered the house.

Tens of thousands foreigners arrived in the United States from Europe and other Asian countries where Covid outbreaks had been underway for more than a month.

Credit where due, Trump did act by implementing travel bans but it was incomplete and late. Nevertheless, he will continue to tell half the story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT