ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

You will drive yourself crazy looking at leadership decisions in hindsight and thinking how you could have done it different. You make the best decisions you can at the time with the information you have. Remember as trump was a xenophobe for his ban pelosi was walking around china town telling people to come on down.

I understand about hindsight and it is always easy to second guess. The other side of that is that leaders are judged based on the decisions that they have made with the information that they had at that time.

We have now found out that Trump knew that this virus was much more deadly than we the people were aware at that time and what was shared with us. In light of this information, I think that it is easy to say that more should have been done.

I do not know where Trump received his information, but it does not sound like this information was shared. This could have impacted the decisions that were made by other people, including Cuomo in NY. Lives could have possibly been saved if more urgent action had been taken up front. Of course, we will never know. All we can do is speculate at this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyHawk
If you were to say Trump and politicians including those on the left lied and Americans died I would tend to agree with you

Do we know that the information Trump had about this virus was shared with all of the governors and party leaders regardless of political affiliation? If it was, then I would agree with your statement. If the Trump administration held this information back from these people like they did to the American Public, then your statement would be false.

So according to this thread I'm supposed to believe that the corona virus threat was concealed?... OK

I would like to believe that as well, but I have a hard time reconciling Trump telling Woodward that he knew this virus was deadlier than the flu and that it was airborne when he was telling the rest of us that it was not deadlier than the flu. This sounds like he had information that was not being shared with the rest of us.

I would like to believe that as well, but I have a hard time reconciling Trump telling Woodward that he knew this virus was deadlier than the flu and that it was airborne when he was telling the rest of us that it was not deadlier than the flu. This sounds like he had information that was not being shared with the rest of us.
And, knowing that, refused to strongly encourage the wearing of masks. That's just one simple thing that any competent leader would do.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
I would like to believe that as well, but I have a hard time reconciling Trump telling Woodward that he knew this virus was deadlier than the flu and that it was airborne when he was telling the rest of us that it was not deadlier than the flu. This sounds like he had information that was not being shared with the rest of us. And, knowing that, refused to strongly encourage the wearing of masks. That's just one simple thing that any competent leader would do.

Does it really matter what Trump, or any other politician says?,... Nobody with a brain blindly accepts direction from any political, religious, business, scientific or social leader anymore...

Does it really matter what Trump, or any other politician says?,... Nobody with a brain blindly accepts direction from any political, religious, business, scientific or social leader anymore...

It does matter what the President of the United States says. Unlike yourself apparently, I am personally not an expert on viruses. The President should have access to better information than any of us about a pandemic and it now sounds like he did.

He should be acting as the leader of this country and either providing sound advice or stepping back to let the experts provide that advice. Trump did neither because he “did not want people to panic.” This is a little hard to believe after seeing his campaign adds about Joe Biden. I guess now is the time to panic.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Well it certainly isn't the time to relax,... Washington politics is a cesspool and Biden isn't going to improve things...

Well it certainly isn't the time to relax,... Washington politics is a cesspool and Biden isn't going to improve things...

I do agree. My hope is that Biden can help with the improvement, but I do believe he will not make it worse. Trump has already proven that he will bring in people with few morals to do his bidding and line his pockets.

I do agree. My hope is that Biden can help with the improvement, but I do believe he will not make it worse. Trump has already proven that he will bring in people with few morals to do his bidding and line his pockets.

Biden will do the same,.. different people, different morals, different pockets,.. same corruption.

Yes, very, very much. And that's a huge problem for the US right now.

Reactions: lucas80
Biden will do the same,.. different people, different morals, different pockets,.. same corruption.
You don't know that about Biden, you do about Trump. He has proven it. Trump voters elected him, in large part, to make change and "drain the swamp" but we're much worse off now than before. You know what your getting with Trump and it's bad, very bad. I don't understand how anyone can still support him for President after experiencing what we have the past 4 years.

Yes, very, very much. And that's a huge problem for the US right now.

It's only a problem if we rely on these inept politicians to disseminate the truth,... Lower your expectations and you can eliminate your disappointment.

You don't know that about Biden, you do about Trump. He has proven it. Trump voters elected him, in large part, to make change and "drain the swamp" but we're much worse off now than before. You know what your getting with Trump and it's bad, very bad. I don't understand how anyone can still support him for President after experiencing what we have the past 4 years.

Biden has been an integral part of the political game for fifty plus years and hasn't made anything better,.. why would he suddenly turn into a game changer now?,... I don't see it.

It's only a problem if we rely on these inept politicians to disseminate the truth,... Lower your expectations and you can eliminate your disappointment.
I won't lower my expectations for a leader to lead. The fact that Trump has failed means we need a different leader. The issue I have is not with lying to prevent panic - I have a huge problem with lying to prevent panic and then doing next to nothing to prevent the source of the panic from growing. That's inexcusable.

I won't lower my expectations for a leader to lead. The fact that Trump has failed means we need a different leader. The issue I have is not with lying to prevent panic - I have a huge problem with lying to prevent panic and then doing next to nothing to prevent the source of the panic from growing. That's inexcusable.

Well, prepare for your disappointment to continue then,.. I doubt that anyone will be able to live up to your lofty expectations for leadership in this country,... certainly none of the current political misfits populating the landscape...

This is a defeatist attitude. We should raise the expectations for our President, not lower them.

Good luck with that,... Understand that we live in a time when the brightest among us are also smart enough to not participate in politics...

Well, prepare for your disappointment to continue then,.. I doubt that anyone will be able to live up to your lofty expectations for leadership in this country,... certainly none of the current political misfits populating the landscape...
Well, they have in the past and I believe others can, and will in the future. I know it's not Trump. Even with your logic it's better to go with the possibility than to back the sure failure.

Well then i always thought the president was the leader of the nation and gave the people the facts, the TRUTH. I guess this was only with past presidents. Filthy has changed this also as a major change in HIS presidency, compared to the previous men .

Reactions: damayason
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT