ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and the Christian Voter

Spilling innocent blood has always been antithetical to Christ's teachings.
Show me where Christ sez abortion is this..Christ (Christianity) never addresses this “issue”......It is a man made, man driven religious issue. Chris talks about drunkenness....Christ talks about politics and loyalty....Christ talks about love and taking care of the poor, the homeless and the sick and informed....he never talks about abortion and it’s illegality...never...not once.
I have a feeling Chris and God are sitting around upstairs having a good laugh at how “we Christians in America, particularly, are struggling with abortion....while their other mentioned teaching are great underfunded and often ignored!

What policy decision has he made that is antithetical to the teachings of Christ?
His life is antithetical to Christ's teachings. From his infidelity, his constant lying, his lack of humility and empathy to his extreme narcissism. He bases every decision on what is best for himself. His entire response to the pandemic has been antithetical. Jesus would not reply to a question on the death toll of COVID-19 with "It is what it is."

Reactions: nelly02
His life is antithetical to Christ's teachings. From his infidelity, his constant lying, his lack of humility and empathy to his extreme narcissism. He bases every decision on what is best for himself. His entire response to the pandemic has been antithetical. Jesus would not reply to a question on the death toll of COVID-19 with "It is what it is."

That’s what got Christ crossed with Pilate! Asked to defend himself from accusation, Christ responded with basically, “ It is what is is.”
Pilate washed his hands, whistled “ Yankee Doodle dandy” and asked the crowd what to do. :D

Yes, that's how the Catholic Church manipulated them so easily.

Lol. Okay, boomer. You should actually try reading some of the writings of the early church fathers. A lot of good stuff.

So, it sounds like you agree it would have been ridiculous for Jesus's Great Commission to center on sola scriptura, especially since the Bible wasn't officially canonized until the 4th Century, right?

However, your contempt for the early church ostensibly says Christ made a mistake by giving it authority and instructing it to go forth and make disciples of all nations.

Lol. Okay, boomer. You should actually try reading some of the writings of the early church fathers. A lot of good stuff.

So, it sounds like you agree it would have been ridiculous for Jesus's Great Commission to center on sola scriptura, especially since the Bible wasn't officially canonized until the 4th Century, right?

However, your contempt for the early church ostensibly says Christ made a mistake by giving it authority and instructing it to go forth and make disciples of all nations.
The mistake is yours thinking that Christ ordained the Catholic Church as the arbiter of His will. He ordained the faceless ecclesia to go forth and make disciples of all nations.

Show me where Christ sez abortion is this..Christ (Christianity) never addresses this “issue”......It is a man made, man driven religious issue. Chris talks about drunkenness....Christ talks about politics and loyalty....Christ talks about love and taking care of the poor, the homeless and the sick and informed....he never talks about abortion and it’s illegality...never...not once.
I have a feeling Chris and God are sitting around upstairs having a good laugh at how “we Christians in America, particularly, are struggling with abortion....while their other mentioned teaching are great underfunded and often ignored!

I'm guessing Christ never spoke about same-sex marriages either, but that wasn't exactly a contemporary issue of the time, as opposed to the Jewish dilemma of paying taxes to the Roman government.

Do you believe the canonized Bible contains all the teachings and sayings of Jesus? Do you believe it fully encapsulates the whole heart and mind of God?

Suffice it to say then that the gospels silence on the issue of abortion doesn't necessarily mean approval?

The mistake is yours thinking that Christ ordained the Catholic Church as the arbiter of His will. He ordained the faceless ecclesia to go forth and make disciples of all nations.
And now He dresses them in suits, ties, patent leather shoes, big chauffeur drivers limos, hundreds Of thousands of dollars, huge religious cathedrals and media outlets to spread their style of lies and re-reinterped, translated to their convenience Bibles and “religious studies” to polities the scripture as taught to us by Christ. It is huge business first and foremost. It’s business is the business of the bottom line and not salvation of the masses. Evangelical churches have just followed the lead set by the Catholic Church centuries ago. Catholics need to clean up their sordid sexual deviancies within their organization...and get back to saving the flock too.

As is yours. As is mine. It's a constant and never ending struggle to sanctify oneself. That is not the point of the authors, nor my support for the man.
No mine's not. Romans 3:23 says we are all sinners. In that, life is a constant struggle in a battle with the world. Those who seek Christ's face in that struggle are not living an antithetical life.

Acts 3:19 deals with repentance for salvation. Trump has said that he has never prayed for forgiveness, therefore, there is no opportunity for repentance.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Please tell me what Christ’s teachings were on abortion? What did he think of it? Surely, as pressing a religious issue it is, Christ weighed in on it explicitly.
Or is this an issue that “ religion” has developed over the centuries...a question where the correct answer lies inside each person’s heart?
Uh...I think that was my point... people decide their entire political stance on one issue, poorly informed or conceived as it may be.

No mine's not. Romans 3:23 says we are all sinners. In that, life is a constant struggle in a battle with the world. Those who seek Christ's face in that struggle are not living an antithetical life.

Acts 3:19 deals with repentance for salvation. Trump has said that he has never prayed for forgiveness, therefore, there is no opportunity for repentance.
I've never once said that Trump is a Christian. His policies, however, are pro Christian and that is the point of the OP and the only real factor when choosing between the two available candidates.

I'm guessing Christ never spoke about same-sex marriages either, but that wasn't exactly a contemporary issue of the time, as opposed to the Jewish dilemma of paying taxes to the Roman government.

Do you believe the canonized Bible contains all the teachings and sayings of Jesus? Do you believe it fully encapsulates the whole heart and mind of God?

Suffice it to say then that the gospels silence on the issue of abortion doesn't necessarily mean approval?
But it’s silence does not allow the Bible or Christ’s teachings to make them sins necessarily, either.
It is simply NOT a religious issue..it is a moral issue ( there’s a difference) and it is a decision to be made by the woman involved and her physician....and in a special circumstance stance perhaps the father involved. But it is not a religious issue, one iota. Churches talking about abortion probably need to lose their Constitutional exemptions.

Wow, you are so arrogant and self-assured. It's no wonder you don't get any smarter.

Jesus talked extensively of His love for His church. Which church do you think he meant? Did He not found just one church? "Catholic" just means universal. While His body of true believers will be comprised of Lutherans, Methodists, and many denominations, there is still but one church. Read the Apostles and Nicene Creed.

Reactions: LuteHawk

My President might be the embodiment of The 7 Deadly Suns! He is one really rotten sumbitch!

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I've never once said that Trump is a Christian. His policies, however, are pro Christian and that is the point of the OP and the only real factor when choosing between the two available candidates.

In other words, if Charles Manson opposed abortion and gays, evangelicals would vote for him.

The fact you believe this is actually news to anyone speaks to your naivete and misguided sense of self-importance. It also likely means you are in your mid to late 20s.

Grow up, Billy.

So, then you agree that his life is the antithesis of Christianity?

As to his policies, which enacted policy measures exactly are geared to Christians? He plays to Christian sympathies with lies like in today's tweet about the DNC purposefully removing "under God" from the pledge for personal and political gain. Beyond that, he has done nothing.

But it’s silence does not allow the Bible or Christ’s teachings to make them sins necessarily, either.
It is simply NOT a religious issue..it is a moral issue ( there’s a difference) and it is a decision to be made by the woman involved and her physician....and in a special circumstance stance perhaps the father involved. But it is not a religious issue, one iota. Churches talking about abortion probably need to lose their Constitutional exemptions.

I understand the complexity and seeming ambiguity of the issue of abortion. My point is the absence of it in canonized scripture doesn't mean it's a non-religious issue.

Moral relativism in secular institutions and religious dogma will always be an area of rigorous debate, and one I'd rather not enter into here.

And now He dresses them in suits, ties, patent leather shoes, big chauffeur drivers limos, hundreds Of thousands of dollars, huge religious cathedrals and media outlets to spread their style of lies and re-reinterped, translated to their convenience Bibles and “religious studies” to polities the scripture as taught to us by Christ. It is huge business first and foremost. It’s business is the business of the bottom line and not salvation of the masses. Evangelical churches have just followed the lead set by the Catholic Church centuries ago. Catholics need to clean up their sordid sexual deviancies within their organization...and get back to saving the flock too.

You don't believe the Church has addressed the issues of sex abuse and those who covered it up?

I understand the complexity and seeming ambiguity of the issue of abortion. My point is the absence of it in canonized scripture doesn't mean it's a non-religious issue.

Moral relativism in secular institutions and religious dogma will always be an area of rigorous debate, and one I'd rather not enter into here.
From the Christian side, Jeremiah 1:5 is the strongest condemnation of abortion.
My main issue with the right and their stance on abortion is that they seem to only care about the child while it's in the womb. After birth, often the child and mother become a burden on society and completely shunned by the same people championing the birth.

From the Christian side, Jeremiah 1:5 is the strongest condemnation of abortion.
My main issue with the right and their stance on abortion is that they seem to only care about the child while it's in the womb. After birth, often the child and mother become a burden on society and completely shunned by the same people championing the birth.

The Catholic Church agrees with this.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Honestly, indifference.

There are married priests, but in general I understand the merits of why priests should be celibate.
I'm not. It sets up an unnatural choice between serving God or experiencing the earthly blessing of family and marital union. It is now, and always has been, an idea not born out of obedience to God but some other deeply antiGod motivation.

The Roman Catholic Church is not silent about abortion.
In the "Catechism of the Catholic Church" there are 3
pages discussing abortion. It is listed under the 5th
Commandment "You Shall Not Kill".

It considers all human life a creative act of God and
therefore sacred. God is considered the Lord of Life
from conception in the womb until end of life . No one
has the right to destroy an innocent human being.

Bottom Line: Nobody takes human life anymore
seriously than the Roman Catholic Church.

The Roman Catholic Church is not silent about abortion.
In the "Catechism of the Catholic Church" there are 3
pages discussing abortion. It is listed under the 5th
Commandment "You Shall Not Kill".

It considers all human life a creative act of God and
therefore sacred. God is considered the Lord of Life
from conception in the womb until end of life . No one
has the right to destroy an innocent human being.

Bottom Line: Nobody takes human life anymore
seriously than the Roman Catholic Church.
Which make D voting Catholics such an enigma.

I'm not. It sets up an unnatural choice between serving God or experiencing the earthly blessing of family and marital union. It is now, and always has been, an idea not born out of obedience to God but some other deeply antiGod motivation.

Have you read Paul's position on it?

So, then you agree that his life is the antithesis of Christianity?

As to his policies, which enacted policy measures exactly are geared to Christians? He plays to Christian sympathies with lies like in today's tweet about the DNC purposefully removing "under God" from the pledge for personal and political gain. Beyond that, he has done nothing.
I'm still waiting.

The Awakening

Culture War Calamities
In 2016, evangelicals sought political protection and policy-results from a foul-mouthed, thrice-married brawler, a man completely incognizant of his sin and visibly uncomfortable with the language and rhythms of religion. But because of the growing ferocity of the leftist, progressive, identitarian assault from the Democrats, many Bible-toting churchgoers embraced him jubilantly.

And the assault was intense. In Obama’s second term, after 35 years of culture war over the sexual revolution and denuding the public square of any sign of Christian faith and practice, the enemies of church, home, and neighbor were storming even through the sanctuaries of private life.

In December 2013, Phil Robertson was threatened with dismissal from the popular “Duck Dynasty” television show for speaking against homosexual intimacy in a GQ magazine interview. Just four months later, in April, Brendan Eich was forced out as chief executive officer of Mozilla for privately and quietly donating $1,000 in support of California’s Proposition 8, which defined marriage as the union of one man and one woman. Six weeks after that, David and Jason Benham had their plans for a real estate television show canceled on account of public statements they made that disapproved of homosexuality and supported Christian morality.

If 2014 was bad, 2015 was worse. Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, signed by Governor Mike Pence in March, brought boycotts and protests from the NCAA, Apple, Subaru, Salesforce, and Angie’s List among many others. The next month, Memories Pizza, a small-town restaurant, was overwhelmed with threats and protests when it was reported, in response to a hypothetical question, they would not cater a same-sex wedding for religious reasons. The establishment closed permanently in 2018.

In August 2015, the Colorado Court of Appeals upheld the judgment of the state Commission on Human Rights that Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cake Shop was guilty of illegal discrimination in 2012 for refusing to supply one his frosted creations in celebration of a gay union. In December, Sweet Cakes by Melissa in Oregon was forced to pay a ruinous fine of $135,000 for refusing a wedding cake to a lesbian couple. Amidst all this, in June 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in Obergefell v. Hodges that state laws barring same-sex marriage were unconstitutional. The decision legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Then in March 2016, the North Carolina Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act, popularly known as the “bathroom bill,” restricted the use of public facilities to the one corresponding to a person’s biological sex (e.g., biological men must use men’s restrooms), rather than one’s inwardly felt gender-identity. Following public controversy over this, including threats of corporate and cultural boycotts, the Obama Department of Education in May issued a “Dear Colleague” letter on transgender students, forbidding local schools nationwide to discriminate on the basis of gender-identity in sports programs and student use of bathrooms and locker rooms, regardless of “others’ discomfort.”

Throughout this time, the Little Sisters of the Poor, in partnership with other religious nonprofits including Christian colleges, had been suing the Obama Administration for exemption from Obamacare’s requirement that they pay for their employees’ contraceptives, even abortifacients.

Christians noted these developments with alarm, and resented being scolded for their concern. Hillary Clinton embodied all that was troubling many ordinary people when, in a September campaign speech, she referred to Trump’s supporters as a basket of deplorables:

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. . . . The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And, unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.

Conservative Christian voters—along with a lot of just ordinary people—got the message: “We’re coming after you!”
In a nutshell, evangelicals embraced Trump because he represented a clear path to defeat of everything that was abhorrent to them. Kind of like 2020, except the shoe is on the other foot.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
In a nutshell, evangelicals embraced Trump because he represented a clear path to defeat of everything that was abhorrent to them. Kind of like 2020, except the shoe is on the other foot.
the shoe would be on the other foot have they picked a real candidate instead of Biden and Harris. Now this just looks like they are throwing in the towel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT