ADVERTISEMENT

Trump and the Republican primaries

BrunoMars420

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2016
So I haven’t really gotten into the weeds of the Trump Indictment but I was thinking of the fallout for 2024.

Let’s say trump backs out of the primaries and doesn’t run but pushes his supporters to support whoever states they will pardon him. All the top candidates say this so no matter what the Republicans get all the hardcore MAGAs. Wouldn’t this be the best case scenario for the Republicans and worst case for the Dems? Trump doesn’t run vs Biden so there goes that wet dream and the rights base is reenergized and back together where they don’t have to worry much about getting the never trumper votes.

This is just interesting to see play out in real time leading up to the election. I see Trump being indicted as a big win for the Republicans honestly. I’m not sure Biden wants to go against anyone else but Trump because they view that as their best chance to win.

It would be absolutely disgusting but not inconceivable either.

That said, that means Trump would essentially have to bend over and say “thank you sir may I have another” to whoever is nominee and I just can’t see his ego letting that happen.
Yeah I’m not saying this is or isn’t disgusting but with Trump being backed into a corner this has to be his best bet imo. If he drops out and does this, wouldn’t that be best case scenario for the Republicans? Knowing politics, the RNC would jump all over this and the populace wouldn’t care that much imo.

Yeah I’m not saying this is or isn’t disgusting but with Trump being backed into a corner this has to be his best bet imo. If he drops out and does this, wouldn’t that be best case scenario for the Republicans? Knowing politics, the RNC would jump all over this and the populace wouldn’t care that much imo.
If Trump all of a sudden starts playing nice with DeSantis we'll know he thinks he's in serious doo doo.......

Reactions: TennNole17
Oh it actually is an idea that would actually make sense for them. But as they’ve shown, they’ll live by Trump and die by Trump.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Have you not seen the last 7 years with Trump? Nothing seems far fetched haha

Yeah, the last 7 years is what informed me that he won't back down, he'll fundraise, he'll campaign on it, the indictments will get all of the media oxygen, his standing will probably improve among Republicans like it did with the last batch of indictments.

It's just hard to imagine his campaign just throwing their hands up, deciding I guess it's finally over and beg for a pardon.

Besides, he might not need a pardon, he might be found not guilty.

Reactions: srams21
So I haven’t really gotten into the weeds of the Trump Indictment but I was thinking of the fallout for 2024.

Let’s say trump backs out of the primaries and doesn’t run but pushes his supporters to support whoever states they will pardon him. All the top candidates say this so no matter what the Republicans get all the hardcore MAGAs. Wouldn’t this be the best case scenario for the Republicans and worst case for the Dems? Trump doesn’t run vs Biden so there goes that wet dream and the rights base is reenergized and back together where they don’t have to worry much about getting the never trumper votes.

This is just interesting to see play out in real time leading up to the election. I see Trump being indicted as a big win for the Republicans honestly. I’m not sure Biden wants to go against anyone else but Trump because they view that as their best chance to win.
If he wins the Presidency he can pardon himself or if it hasn't gone to trial yet he can put a stop to the whole thing. Trump will not withdraw from the primaries. Winning the Presidency is his get out of jail free card.

If he wins the Presidency he can pardon himself or if it hasn't gone to trial yet he can put a stop to the whole thing. Trump will not withdraw from the primaries. Winning the Presidency is his get out of jail free card.

This. . . he will try to pardon himself.

If he can't do that then he will have the VP declare that he is temporarily incapable of serving as POTUS, the VP will than issue the pardon with the powers of the POTUS and Trump will walk out and immediately resume the powers of POTUS.

I think this indictment is fundamentally different than the New York indictments...

The magnitude is exponentially higher....

Sure, that's the reality, but I don't think the reality matters much to Republicans and certainly not his base. It's still going to be witch hunt, banana republic, Venezuela, weaponization of the justice system, politically motivated, authoritarian, Biden going after political opponent, two tiers of justice, why do the Dems get away with it, etc.

Trump has nurtured this shared persecution and victimhood complex with his supporters for years, I don't think there's going to be some sudden realization that maybe this time the charges are legitimate.

fKxWYupa

Sure, that's the reality, but I don't think the reality matters much to Republicans and certainly not his base. It's still going to be witch hunt, banana republic, Venezuela, weaponization of the justice system, politically motivated, authoritarian, Biden going after political opponent, two tiers of justice, why do the Dems get away with it, etc.

Trump has nurtured this shared persecution and victimhood complex with his supporters for years, I don't think there's going to be some sudden realization that maybe this time the charges are legitimate.
A lot of people...even Trump haters think the Bragg indictments at the very least a bit of a stretch.

This is a different animal. Smith ain't Bragg....

And the Georgia indictments are still possible, and I would argue more likely now that he has been indicted in two other issues.
The more indictments, the better. The Federal indictment is more serious because federal judges don't mess around. Trump can't pardon himself if he gets convicted in Georgia.

Reactions: srams21
A lot of people...even Trump haters think the Bragg indictments at the very least a bit of a stretch.

This is a different animal. Smith ain't Bragg....

Yes, that's true, different animals, but still the same old witch hunt, banana republic, weaponization of justice, etc.

We also saw it when the FBI conducted their search of Mar a Lago and retrieved the documents. Different animal, same alternative reality for Republicans in terms of the reaction and a boost for Trump.

It blows my mind to see how many people are still defending him, and they are ALL IN.

I don’t think it’s stupidity; it’s a refusal to admit defeat/being wrong. Which, in my opinion, is worse.

The more indictments, the better. The Federal indictment is more serious because federal judges don't mess around. Trump can't pardon himself if he gets convicted in Georgia.
Your last line is why the Georgia one may end up being the most damning. If he is indicted there, on top of the federal charges and the NY charges, that's it. However, I think he still ends up being the nominee. The GOP, at this point, is full on embraced the victim complex narrative.

Your last line is why the Georgia one may end up being the most damning. If he is indicted there, on top of the federal charges and the NY charges, that's it. However, I think he still ends up being the nominee. The GOP, at this point, is full on embraced the victim complex narrative.
I think the NY charges are a little sketchy. The others are pretty clear cut, IMO. Graham needs to be indicted in Georgia as well.

I think the NY charges are a little sketchy. The others are pretty clear cut, IMO. Graham needs to be indicted in Georgia as well.
Yea but the real problem is ~75% of the GOP thinks all these are banana republic crap. The GOP is at a very serious crossroads here so hopefully that party starts catering less to it's insane members and reason and logic prevail. This country needs a solid conservative voice but right now it's a circus. Just ditch Trump already, it's not that hard. I don't get it.

I would hope that if a Republican would win they would double cross ole donnie and not pardon him hahaha!

Reactions: BrunoMars420
His best bet is to fly off to Russia and stay there…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT