ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Asking For Bribe In TikTok Sale?

h-hawk

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Sure sounds like it.

"Trump said Monday he was ready to approve a deal for Microsoft MSFT, -0.74% to purchase TikTok — a change in his stance since Friday’s opposition — but only if the U.S. government receives a lot of money in exchange. On Sunday, Trump had a phone conversation with Microsoft Chief Executive Satya Nadella, in which he told the CEO that a “very substantial portion of the price [for TikTok] is going to have to come into the Treasury of the United States, because we’re making it possible for this deal to happen,” Trump said Monday."

“That’s not how it works, Mr. President,” said James Lewis, senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington. “Of course we aren’t going to get a cut on the deal. It’s just not how it works. The government doesn’t get cuts from a deal.”

The guy is so corrupt he has to ask for money not matter what is going on.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...d-money-from-microsoft-tiktok-deal-2020-08-03

Whether it is a bribe, or extortion, or some sort of punishment, the man is simply an idiot. The government doesn't get a piece of the deal simply because they allow something to happen. He forgot that he the President (as he usually does) and that the government (at least in the US) doesn't get paid for permission.

However, if MicroSoft buys TikToc, I have to believe that the Chinese company will pay a lot of US income tax.

How does Trump personally enrich himself here? The accusation is he is asking for a kickback that goes into the U.S. Treasury. So he is negotiating a kickback that benefits U.S. taxpayers, i.e. you and me.

Yes, this isn't the way any of this works and the government is not entitled to a cut but you all act like Trump is lining his own pockets when he's not.

Such a crook, trying to finagle a deal for The People.

How does Trump personally enrich himself here? The accusation is he is asking for a kickback that goes into the U.S. Treasury. So he is negotiating a kickback that benefits U.S. taxpayers, i.e. you and me.

Yes, this isn't the way any of this works and the government is not entitled to a cut but you all act like Trump is lining his own pockets when he's not.

ZTE was a national security threat until they paid a fine.
Huawei was a national security threat until Trump said it was negotiable in the trade deal.
Trump wanted China to help him get reelected.
Trump wanted Ukraine to help him get reelected.

Why should we think Trump is above board on these new security threats?

It’s not that, it’s that:

Nearly four years in.
As President of the United States.
He doesn’t how any of this works.

That’s the issue.

Reactions: billanole and seam

Nearly four years in.

That’s the issue.
Don't disagree. He still has this business mentality and is not in government mode. I pointed out he was wrong.

Sure sounds like it.

"Trump said Monday he was ready to approve a deal for Microsoft MSFT, -0.74% to purchase TikTok — a change in his stance since Friday’s opposition — but only if the U.S. government receives a lot of money in exchange. On Sunday, Trump had a phone conversation with Microsoft Chief Executive Satya Nadella, in which he told the CEO that a “very substantial portion of the price [for TikTok] is going to have to come into the Treasury of the United States, because we’re making it possible for this deal to happen,” Trump said Monday."

“That’s not how it works, Mr. President,” said James Lewis, senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington. “Of course we aren’t going to get a cut on the deal. It’s just not how it works. The government doesn’t get cuts from a deal.”

The guy is so corrupt he has to ask for money not matter what is going on.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...d-money-from-microsoft-tiktok-deal-2020-08-03

Asking for a "cut" for the Federal Government is not asking for a bribe. Right or wrong, at least he cares about the taxpayers.

Don’t you know think the President should understand how this works

Nearly four years in.

That’s the issue.
He knows how he wants things to work. He wants them to run like Fred taught him to run Trump Org. Corruptly. Everything is transactional. Black, white, gray... None of that matters. The laws and rules are meant to be worked around, not followed.

Reactions: seam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT