ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Asks GA Secretary of State to Commit Election Fraud

I’m trying to imagine how I would react if Obama had lost in 2012 and tried pulling this shit. And it’s exactly the same level of outrage and disgust.

This isn’t a partisan issue, one guy and (a segment of) one party are attacking the foundations of our Republic. And a bunch of folks are ok with it since it is “their” guy/party.
Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama should speak out. Anyone politician with a voice should be speaking out now.

Just looked at the FOXNews website and can’t find anything in this call. Shocker!
Let’s update the old meme:

CNN: Trump Pressures GA Sec of State to “find” 11,780 votes.
MSNBC: Trump Pressures GA Sec of State to “find” 11,780 votes.
ABC: Trump Pressures GA Sec of State to “find” 11,780 votes.
FOX: Cozy soup recipes to keep you warm this winter!
Cozy Soup Channel: Trump Pressures GA Sec of State to “find” 11,780 votes.

There will be sooo many more recordings and transcripts of him blatantly and recklessly breaking the law coming out in the months to come. And I predict now it will be so much, so crazy and so reckless that their legitimate defense to keep a former President out of prison will be he was not mentally competent the last 18-24 months while he was our president.

I’m trying to imagine how I would react if Obama had lost in 2012 and tried pulling this shit. And it’s exactly the same level of outrage and disgust.

This isn’t a partisan issue, one guy and (a segment of) one party are attacking the foundations of our Republic. And a bunch of folks are ok with it since it is “their” guy/party.

I sure as hell would have never supported Obama if he tried this crap. Then again, I would have never voted for him if he acted the same way Trump has through his first term.

They will say he’s right - he won the election but for fraud.
That’s not what the call is saying tho. This isn‘t about dead people voting, or illegals, or “made up” Biden votes. They’ve given up trying to disqualify Biden’s total.

Now they just want the Secy of State to cut to the chase, and just change the numbers.

There will be sooo many more recordings and transcripts of him blatantly and recklessly breaking the law coming out in the months to come. And I predict now it will be so much, so crazy and so reckless that their legitimate defense to keep a former President out of prison will be he was not mentally competent the last 18-24 months while he was our president.
Just wait. “Trump? Me? Nah, I didn’t vote for him.”

This is effed up. We got Trump, and Lindsey Graham a couple weeks ago, tampering with the election, threatening election officials- on tape! and they have the balls to say the democrats were cheating.

Wednesday is going to be insane.

I would actually agree with the assessment of his mental aptitude for the job (although I would argue he was never mentally capable of doing it). If that is the reasoning they use, then I expect those underneath him who allowed him to remain in power need to be held responsible for all the laws he broke and they stood by and watched while they didn't lift a finger to stop him, and in fact aided him in conducting.

I think this would be the best outcome possible. Trump gets to spend the rest of his miserable life doped up on drugs in a mental institute somewhere without access to the internet, TV, or social media and the rest of his administration gets to spend the rest of their lives in jail for allowing it to happen. Maybe that will get these people to think twice about allowing this to happen again.

“We must say enough — enough!... He has compromised our elections, and he will do so again. You will not change him. What are the odds if left in office that he will continue trying to cheat? I will tell you: 100 percent."

Adam Schiff, Feb 3, 2020

That’s not what the call is saying tho. This isn‘t about dead people voting, or illegals, or “made up” Biden votes. They’ve given up trying to disqualify Biden’s total.

Now they just want the Secy of State to cut to the chase, and just change the numbers.
^^^^^^^^
This. I really, really, REALLY want to hear Cruz and his cohorts explain how Trump demanding that Georgia’s Secy of State “find” 11,780 votes for him and “recalculate” the result three days before Congress is to certify the electoral vote helps to “restore faith in Democracy,” since they all seem to be so concerned with that...

I would actually agree with the assessment of his mental aptitude for the job (although I would argue he was never mentally capable of doing it). If that is the reasoning they use, then I expect those underneath him who allowed him to remain in power need to be held responsible for all the laws he broke and they stood by and watched while they didn't lift a finger to stop him, and in fact aided him in conducting.

I think this would be the best outcome possible. Trump gets to spend the rest of his miserable life doped up on drugs in a mental institute somewhere without access to the internet, TV, or social media and the rest of his administration gets to spend the rest of their lives in jail for allowing it to happen. Maybe that will get these people to think twice about allowing this to happen again.
Why the hell get caught up in what you think is Trump's mental state? They are all just crooks, Trump and all his Republican enablers. Would you be saying the same thing about John Gotti? Trump is operating here as he has his whole life, this isn't any kind of mental "break" or anything--it's him.

Ukraine call was same thing along with probably numerous other examples that just haven't come to light yet.

I'm not terribly sold that Wednesday is going to be insane. Even those doing the grandstanding have pretty much admitted they're just grandstanding, and this process has between 0 and 0 chance of success. After they call this to a close and are forced to accept the result, simultaneously, results will continue to come in from Georgia.

This is going to be Groundhog Day all over again, and anything except a surprisingly comfortable Republican victory (which is still a possibility) or an outright theft is going to make Kemp/Raffensberger's week a whole lot worse by the end of it.

Reactions: bladel
The thing is, my candidate has lost multiple times. And I’ve never advocated for treason or shredding the Constitution, not even once.

I've voted in every POTUS election since I turned 18 in 1987. I've voted for the winner three times...1988, 2000 and 2020. I haven't advocated committing sedition or throwing out the election any other those times.

I haven’t voted for a Republican on any level since Jim Leach retired, but I gotta hand it to those GOP guys & gals in charge of elections in Georgia for standing firm on this.
I'm a life long Democrat and I voted for Leach more often than not, mainly because I didn't feel the Democrats opposing were good enough to replace him. Those Georgia folks seem like Leach type people.

Why the hell get caught up in what you think is Trump's mental state? They are all just crooks, Trump and all his Republican enablers. Would you be saying the same thing about John Gotti? Trump is operating here as he has his whole life, this isn't any kind of mental "break" or anything--it's him.

Ukraine call was same thing along with probably numerous other examples that just haven't come to light yet.

I was responding to a hypothetical of Trump's defense team using his mental instability as a reason he can't be charged with crimes, should he actually go to trial for his crimes. But whatever.

I'm not terribly sold that Wednesday is going to be insane. Even those doing the grandstanding have pretty much admitted they're just grandstanding, and this process has between 0 and 0 chance of success. After they call this to a close and are forced to accept the result, simultaneously, results will continue to come in from Georgia.

This is going to be Groundhog Day all over again, and anything except a surprisingly comfortable Republican victory (which is still a possibility) or an outright theft is going to make Kemp/Raffensberger's week a whole lot worse by the end of it.

The problem isn't this time, when it has zero chance of working. The problem is the next time, when people see that there are no repercussions for doing this, that there will be enough Senators to overturn the election. If Mitch had any integrity whatsoever....I'm sorry, I just can't complete a sentence with integrity and Mitch in the same sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT