ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Claims

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
[This was posted by an acquaintance on Facebook. I think he makes good points.]

I just got something in the mail from the Republicans. I don't know why, because I am even less likely to vote for them than for the Democrats. But here's what their election propaganda claims:

1. They claim Trump added more to everybody's paycheck by suspending the payroll tax. No, Trump cannot repeal a tax, so if he suspended collection, then either workers will get an unpayable tax bill added to what they owe when the time to file comes due next April, or the GOP will use the drop in collections to cut Social Security, thus taking away with one hand what they supposedly "gave" with the other.​

2. They claim Trump "extended unemployment benefits to help those still looking for a job". No, Trump cannot just spend money whenever he feels like it. All spending bills originate in the House of Representatives. Congress passed the extension and Trump just signed it.​

3. They claim Trump "protected renters and homeowners to keep people in their homes during the pandemic". Again, Trump didn't do this, congress passed the evictions moratorium and Trump merely signed it. And by the way, the Republicans have now allowed these provisions to lapse and are refusing to consider new aid bills in the GOP-controlled Senate.​

4. They claim Trump suspended student loan payments. Again taking credit for what congress did.​
I am no fan of the Democrats, but the Republicans are not only the enemy of working people, but they also scam artists and keep trying to take credit for the pathetic half-measures the Democrats come up with.​

Now you might be inclined to say "both sides do this" on the last 3 points. Certainly some truth to that. But usually presidents who claim credit for things can be found to have supported them before Congress passed them. Is that the case here? Not that I am aware of in at least 2 of the 3 cases mentioned.

5. Mexico paid for the wall, which has been completed, by the way. The media just won’t show the real pictures.
6. China has paid for all of the payments to farmers through Trump’s very strong tariffs.
7. Health care costs have been slashed and everyone has access to health care, with no restrictions for pre existing conditions.
8. He has balanced the budget.
9. Only a few, mostly sick already people, caught Covid, and it will be gone soon. The US is handling the pandemic better than any country anywhere on the planet.

10) delivered to vets the Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014. Which is pretty amazing since Obama was the president in 2014.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Twelve is blasphemy. Trump knows so much about God even Jesus is impressed.

It's weird to watch Trump with the religious right folks talk about religion. Both Trump and the audience know he's full of it and it's a coalition of convenience against a common opponent but they still go on with the pious Trump charade. Like they both feel like they need to be seen there together to legitimize the affair.

13. As the Law and Order POTUS, he stopped all the rioting an looting in this country.
14. He rebuilt the military, which was in shambles. In 2021, he will rebuild it again.
15. He made it popular to hate your fellow Americans that have different views than you do.
16. He put women and minorities in the back of the bus where they belong.
17. He drained the swamp, and found lots of gators and snakes at the bottom of the swamp to put in his administration.

It's weird to watch Trump with the religious right folks talk about religion. Both Trump and the audience know he's full of it and it's a coalition of convenience against a common opponent but they still go on with the pious Trump charade. Like they both feel like they need to be seen there together to legitimize the affair.
They crave the power he has ceded to them.

18. found cure for cancer.
19. ended world hunger.
20.. solved global climate change.

ADVERTISEMENT