ADVERTISEMENT

Trump complained on a radio show that the media spent 'all night' Sunday covering the devastation wrought by Hurricane Ida

TheCainer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003

instead of his 'great agreement' with the Taliban​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...re-not-dug-by-their-dad/ar-AANUjDX?ocid=wispr
a close up of a man wearing a suit and tie: Former President Donald Trump. Getty
© Provided by Business Insider Former President Donald Trump. Getty
  • Donald Trump complained to the radio host Todd Starnes about some news outlets' focus last weekend.
  • He said some covered Hurricane Ida but not what he called his "great agreement" with the Taliban.
  • The former president singled out CNN and MSNBC, which he labeled "MSDNC."
  • See more stories on Insider's business page.
Former President Donald Trump went on a radio show Monday and complained at length that some news outlets were covering the devastating Hurricane Ida more than what he called his "great agreement" with the Taliban.

"All they talked about was the hurricane. You look at CNN and you look at MSDNC, these are horrible," Trump told the conservative radio host Todd Starnes, deploying a nickname he often uses to link MSNBC to the Democratic Party. "Unfortunately, they're way down in ratings, but all they want to talk about is the hurricane or anything else they can talk about.

"Afghanistan is not even something that can even be discussed in a rational way. The level of stupidity - and we had a great agreement."

By one estimate, a million homes along the Gulf Coast were at risk of damage or destruction from Hurricane Ida, whose eye made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday. At least one person has died, and hundreds of thousands of Louisianans were left without power.

Tens of thousands of people were evacuated, and many were still unable to return to their homes Monday even after Ida was downgraded to a tropical storm.

The former president went on to accuse the media of not reporting that he had an understanding with the Taliban and "Abdul" - most likely referring to the Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar - not to kill Americans.

"We would have hit them so hard, and they knew that, Abdul knew that," Trump said. "I would have taken the equipment out, I would have taken the people out, and then we would have bombed every base but Bagram," he said.

In a video of the exchange, Starnes could be seen attempting to get a word in, but Trump continued.

"The media, which is fake and crooked and corrupt, they're the worst people, they're the most corrupt people," Trump said. "The only thing I don't understand is why. They've got to hate our country. And they are, in fact, the enemy of the people. But the corrupt media shows the hurricane all night long."

Trump has weighed in about the US withdrawal from Afghanistan several times over the past two weeks.

Referring to the deal the Trump administration brokered with the Taliban that said the US would withdraw its military presence within 14 months, President Joe Biden said on August 14 that his predecessor left the Taliban "in the strongest position militarily since 2001."

The next day, Trump responded to Biden, blaming him for not "following the plan (the Trump) Administration left for him." On August 16, Trump released six statements blasting Biden for the way he handled the Afghanistan withdrawal, saying the outcome "would have been totally different" with a Trump administration in charge.

Trump then complimented the Taliban during an appearance on Sean Hannity's Fox News show on August 17, calling them "smart" and "good fighters."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-the-taliban/ar-AANV5i7?li=BBorjTa&ocid=wispr

Seems like he had more praise for the Taliban than he did for our military and the great job they did getting the US out of Afghanistan.

I've actually seen people (more than a few) posting conspiracy theories about how the hurricane was created by the government to cover up Afghanistan. Seriously.

They are talking about how we have this major hurricane exactly on the anniversary of Katrina right after we pull out of Afghanistan. Hmm.....

I've actually seen people (more than a few) posting conspiracy theories about how the hurricane was created by the government to cover up Afghanistan. Seriously.

They are talking about how we have this major hurricane exactly on the anniversary of Katrina right after we pull out of Afghanistan. Hmm.....
Lol these people refuse to believe or understand medical science….in what world do we expect them to believe/understand global weather!?

I truly am beginning to believe we live in the dumbest place at the dumbest time

Lol these people refuse to believe or understand medical science….in what world do we expect them to believe/understand global weather!?

I truly am beginning to believe we live in the dumbest place at the dumbest time
We are. It amazes me the lack of common sense and logic in this country. Republican leadership have been taking full advantage of this for much longer than I realized and now here we are. I don't think we've hit the bottom either. It would have been nice if 1/6 was it. I'm afraid it wasn't, because the lies haven't stopped.

Madison Cawthorn was telling supporters another one is in the works. Other than an alien attack I have no idea what could bring this country back together.

We are. It amazes me the lack of common sense and logic in this country. Republican leadership have been taking full advantage of this for much longer than I realized and now here we are. I don't think we've hit the bottom either. It would have been nice if 1/6 was it. I'm afraid it wasn't, because the lies haven't stopped.

Madison Cawthorn was telling supporters another one is in the works. Other than an alien attack I have no idea what could bring this country back together.
I’m sure the aliens would be sent by the libs or fake news.

I am beginning to see only one end game to all this unfortunately. They’re willing to resort to physical violence to impose their un democratic ideals in this country, pretty scary where this is headed

I’m sure the aliens would be sent by the libs or fake news.

I am beginning to see only one end game to all this unfortunately. They’re willing to resort to physical violence to impose their un democratic ideals in this country, pretty scary where this is headed
Yep. There is nothing going on that is democratic coming from that side. Voting to overturn a completely fair and secure election...because they didn't like the results. Now changing laws in order to overturn results at the state legislature. Storming a state Capitol. Storming the nation's Capitol. Death threats, and more planned violence. Violence being encouraged by their leadership. All based on propaganda and lies. Pure fascism.

Things are going to go VERY sideways in this country in the next decade.

Please keep posting these stories. They are great reminders that, as disappointed as I am with Biden, he's leaps and bounds better than the alternative.
Is he? Bidens a better human by leaps and bounds, but policy wise? Really I can't make a case for Biden in terms of policy.

We're now worse off in too many major areas than when Trump left. (Foreign relations, border, covid).

instead of his 'great agreement' with the Taliban​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...re-not-dug-by-their-dad/ar-AANUjDX?ocid=wispr
a close up of a man wearing a suit and tie: Former President Donald Trump. Getty
© Provided by Business Insider Former President Donald Trump. Getty
  • Donald Trump complained to the radio host Todd Starnes about some news outlets' focus last weekend.
  • He said some covered Hurricane Ida but not what he called his "great agreement" with the Taliban.
  • The former president singled out CNN and MSNBC, which he labeled "MSDNC."
  • See more stories on Insider's business page.
Former President Donald Trump went on a radio show Monday and complained at length that some news outlets were covering the devastating Hurricane Ida more than what he called his "great agreement" with the Taliban.

"All they talked about was the hurricane. You look at CNN and you look at MSDNC, these are horrible," Trump told the conservative radio host Todd Starnes, deploying a nickname he often uses to link MSNBC to the Democratic Party. "Unfortunately, they're way down in ratings, but all they want to talk about is the hurricane or anything else they can talk about.

"Afghanistan is not even something that can even be discussed in a rational way. The level of stupidity - and we had a great agreement."

By one estimate, a million homes along the Gulf Coast were at risk of damage or destruction from Hurricane Ida, whose eye made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday. At least one person has died, and hundreds of thousands of Louisianans were left without power.

Tens of thousands of people were evacuated, and many were still unable to return to their homes Monday even after Ida was downgraded to a tropical storm.

The former president went on to accuse the media of not reporting that he had an understanding with the Taliban and "Abdul" - most likely referring to the Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar - not to kill Americans.

"We would have hit them so hard, and they knew that, Abdul knew that," Trump said. "I would have taken the equipment out, I would have taken the people out, and then we would have bombed every base but Bagram," he said.

In a video of the exchange, Starnes could be seen attempting to get a word in, but Trump continued.

"The media, which is fake and crooked and corrupt, they're the worst people, they're the most corrupt people," Trump said. "The only thing I don't understand is why. They've got to hate our country. And they are, in fact, the enemy of the people. But the corrupt media shows the hurricane all night long."

Trump has weighed in about the US withdrawal from Afghanistan several times over the past two weeks.

Referring to the deal the Trump administration brokered with the Taliban that said the US would withdraw its military presence within 14 months, President Joe Biden said on August 14 that his predecessor left the Taliban "in the strongest position militarily since 2001."

The next day, Trump responded to Biden, blaming him for not "following the plan (the Trump) Administration left for him." On August 16, Trump released six statements blasting Biden for the way he handled the Afghanistan withdrawal, saying the outcome "would have been totally different" with a Trump administration in charge.

Trump then complimented the Taliban during an appearance on Sean Hannity's Fox News show on August 17, calling them "smart" and "good fighters."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-the-taliban/ar-AANV5i7?li=BBorjTa&ocid=wispr

Seems like he had more praise for the Taliban than he did for our military and the great job they did getting the US out of Afghanistan.
The man just does not care about people. A devastating hurricane hits the gulf states and the press should be heaping praise on him. He’s a self important asshole and will never change. People can die or lose everything they have and he’s the victim.

Is he? Bidens a better human by leaps and bounds, but policy wise? Really I can't make a case for Biden in terms of policy.

We're now worse off in too many major areas than when Trump left. (Foreign relations, border, covid).
No.... just ****ing NO! The issues we're seeing were left by Trump and the cleanup has already been MILES better than what we had. This type of revisionist argument is horse shit.

Really we're worse off with COVID?

Trump peaked us at 3,300 deaths (7 day rolling average peak)

Today our 7 day rolling average is 1,348

Reactions: srams21

The economy is significantly stronger than how Trump left out. And FTR, I am using metrics that Trump used to tout his own success.

I disagree with you. He is still playing a major role in the GQP.
There is going to be a proposal in the House next year to nominate Trump as Speaker....I suspect there will be enough representatives in favor that it will go to a GOP vote.

Can this really happen?
There is nothing in the constitution that specifically says the Speaker has to be an elected member of the House of Representatives. I would suggest that requirement is implied in Art. 1, Sec. II and if you asked the Framers today if the Speaker must be chosen from the elected representatives that they would reply: of course. We didn't specifically put it in there because we didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to suggest that a non-elected/non-voting person could be eligible for the speaker of the house. Of course, the Framers probably never thought America would be stupid enough to elect a representative like Gaetz, who has publicly said that he will submit Trump as a candidate for speaker.

Uh.....can you NOT put a picture of that giant pocket ass at the top of the thread so early in the day without some sort of warning.
JFC, no one needs to see that shit.

Yep. There is nothing going on that is democratic coming from that side. Voting to overturn a completely fair and secure election...because they didn't like the results. Now changing laws in order to overturn results at the state legislature. Storming a state Capitol. Storming the nation's Capitol. Death threats, and more planned violence. Violence being encouraged by their leadership. All based on propaganda and lies. Pure fascism.

Things are going to go VERY sideways in this country in the next decade.
Yep I believe in the end it will come down to if enough people literally are willing to stand up for this country to oppose them. If not, we will be living in something that looks more like Gilead than the USA

On the bright side, it does feel like he’s fading into the background a bit.
He will never fade away. He’s a narcissist who has spent all of his adult life fighting for attention. Good or bad doesn’t even matter, he just craves attention.

Reactions: HawkMD

I’m going to give you credit for finally admitting Trump is a POS. The next step is to admit that Trump was a lazy POS president who spent 7-8 hours per day watching TV, and every third day golfing, instead of doing his job.

Reactions: TheCainer

Clearly Trump left Biden the Magic Sharpie in the top drawer of the desk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT