ADVERTISEMENT

Trump does not have permission to attend Mount Rushmore

@SoDakHawk, @HotelAlphaWilcoKilo, @BrunoMars420, etc. expect us to just steamroll the wishes of these American Indians anyway. Trump and Barr will probably have officers just tear gas the Indians to get that photo op in while the troglodytes I mentioned cheer them on through their slack jaws.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, nellie. I've never endorsed Rushmore (other than the movie. It's really all downhill for Wes Anderson after that one).

In fact, and for the record, I am wholly against idols. I don't even like when basketball courts are named after still-living folX (looking at YOU, Coach Polack!).

Seriously, I find it heinous that these visages were hewn into a mountain and that this country made the sideshow a national park. The Black Hills are gorgeous. I drove by on the way out West long ago and purposefully avoided it because of my disgust. And I say that having previously stopped at Wall Drug.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, nellie. I've never endorsed Rushmore (other than the movie. It's really all downhill for Wes Anderson after that one).

In fact, and for the record, I am wholly against idols. I don't even like when basketball courts are named after still-living folX (looking at YOU, Coach Polack!).

Seriously, I find it heinous that these visages were hewn into a mountain and that this country made the sideshow a national park. The Black Hills are gorgeous. I drove by on the way out West long ago and purposefully avoided it because of my disgust. And I say that having previously stopped at Wall Drug.
The Mount they used to make the monument was also sacred ground to further rub the Sioux's nose in it.

Reactions: seam and FSUTribe76
You guys are idiots. People are only mad because it's covering up the city of gold.

For the record, I like Mt. Rushmore but acknowledged there shady means to aquire it. I'm not proud of what happened to the Natives but I don't think blowing up a monument is necessary in 2020.
That wasn't mentioned here. The rightful owners of Mount Rushmore said the pile of shit disgrace doesn't have permission to enter.

That wasn't mentioned here. The rightful owners of Mount Rushmore said the pile of shit disgrace doesn't have permission to enter.
I'd ask if you were taking the family and got denied, but no way in hell you'd be able to hold onto a family.

So Trump is the first US President to visit Mt. Rushmore? I find that hard to believe.

Lots of good vantage points and secret service can't cover them all?

So am I to believe that had the native Americans defeated the western expansion there wouldn’t be monuments or cruelties exacted on Caucasians? History has consequences and men generally are terrible, power hungry, and selfish. All men. Can we focus please on the squalor and terrible conditions of reservations and try to work on the present and the future? There is no end to this journey of removing symbols, monuments, land, etc. New York being named for a notorious slave trader, maybe we should rename it “town 1”. Sure, have the discussion but don’t be fooled that removing a monument will change the complete and total commercialization of the land sacred to native Americans.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
The bigger scandal of the day is that Trump will once again use our military as campaign props. He'll land at Ellsworth, make some people salute him, look stupid by refusing to wear a mask. Then he will go to a pretty cool American monument and he'll give a nice speech, or he will go off the rails airing out his grievances, call blacks thugs, reminisce about better days when the Confederacy was in full bloom, lie about the Covid19 pandemic, and wind up with some personal attacks on Joe Biden under the gaze of four of our best presidents.
The joke is on him, though. I was at Mt. Rushmore last year, and there are lots of steps, and lots of granite. It's super slippery. They'll need to detail a general on each side of him to keep him from falling down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT