ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Forces Israel To Ban Visit By Omar and Tlaib

I don’t hate Israel.

I think it shows tremendous weakness for Israel to bar two members of Congress for their speech and beliefs. What would show strength is welcoming Tlaib and Omar and trying to persuade them to abandon the views Israel finds offensive.
Yup let Mossad have a crack at em!!

Our president publicly claims that Omar and Tlaib hate all Jewish people.

As does David Duke and many of my friends of the Jewish persuasion. They don't like Trump but somehow think less of the squad.

No matter what one thinks of their politics, this is none of the President's business and shows how subordinate the Israeli leader is to Donald.

"Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), two of Israel’s sharpest critics in Congress, have been barred from entering the country ahead of their proposed visit to the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, an Israeli official said Thursday.

“The decision has been made [and] the decision is not to allow them to enter,” Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely told Israel’s Reshet Radio, Reuters reported."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-bars-ilhan-omar-rashida-tlaib_n_5d553e3be4b056fafd07f1bb
It just looks terrible on the United States. I would feel the same if Trump planned a diplomatic trip to Zaire and our congresswomen would say that since he hates black people (actually more evidence of this) he shouldn't be allowed in.

There is a very large difference between being critical of current Israeli policies and being anti-Semitic.

Does anyone think that any legitimate chance at any sort of peace in the region is possible so long as Israel continues to expand settlements in the West Bank for example?

Trump's recognition of Israeli annexation of the Golan Heights or of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital were two things that Israel wanted very badly, but for that same reason probably should have been included as part of any potential permanent treaty. I don't disagree with either, but he gave them both for nothing, which makes negotiations that much harder. And pushing to exclude these two congresswomen only furthers the perception that the US is not an honest broker in these talks.

they are the area's only democracy and give full citizenship rights to their large Muslim minority. They are also a very valuable and dependable ally. You are obviously oblivious to the facts and only engage in hatred towards them because of your acceptance of the dems which are more and more antisemitic
PF.01.03.19_faith.hill-00-.png

There are 34 congress members that identify as Jewish. Two of them are Republicans. What does that tell you about which party Jewish Americans support?

There is a very large difference between being critical of current Israeli policies and being anti-Semitic.

Does anyone think that any legitimate chance at any sort of peace in the region is possible so long as Israel continues to expand settlements in the West Bank for example?

Trump's recognition of Israeli annexation of the Golan Heights or of Jerusalem as the Israeli capital were two things that Israel wanted very badly, but for that same reason probably should have been included as part of any potential permanent treaty. I don't disagree with either, but he gave them both for nothing, which makes negotiations that much harder. And pushing to exclude these two congresswomen only furthers the perception that the US is not an honest broker in these talks.
It's the same people that think Kneeling to protest inequality of black people in America is the same as hating the flag and troops. It helps them feel better about their shitty stances on issues.

For those who didn't read the article I linked, this is the important part:

Mr. Trump’s decision to recommend that another country block entry to two United States citizens, let alone members of Congress, is one of the most pronounced violations of democratic norms that he has engaged in since taking office in January 2017.

It also placed him at odds with the Republican leadership in Congress.

“I feel very secure in this, that anyone who comes with open ears, open eyes and an open mind will walk away with an understanding, just as all these members here do, that this bond is unbreakable,” the House minority leader, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, told reporters in Jerusalem on Sunday, while leading a delegation of 31 Republican lawmakers. “I think all should come.”

Speaking at a joint news conference with Mr. McCarthy, Representative Steny Hoyer, the House majority leader, who was heading a delegation to Israel of 41 Democratic representatives, agreed.

Many Israelis and Jewish leaders have also expressed discomfort with the idea that American officials could be denied entry because of their beliefs or criticism of Israel. Just last month, the Israeli ambassador to Washington, Ron Dermer, said that Israel would not deny entry to any United States representatives.

Reactions: lucas80
Netanyahu’s weakness in now on full display.
FIFY. He is in trouble. He has been clinging to a narrow majority for two years now, and he needs the most extreme wing of the spectrum to stay in power. That’s part of what this is about.

Israel will regret this decision. As I have said Bibi has his reasons, but this makes Israel look bad. On the world stage it’s bad. It shows pandering. And, it also assumes that Bibi and Don will be in charge forever. It assumes all Republicans are good with this. It assumes that somewhere down the line Omar and Tlaib won’t be committee chairs that might remember this slight. It projects the image that people cannot communicate with each other and resolve differences.
Beta move Israel.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT