ADVERTISEMENT

Trump had other lawyers working off the books for him besides Rudy.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing are two right wing nut jobs.
As with Rudy, if they weren't paid, can they claim lawyer/client privilege? If they were not being paid, then that is a violation of the law. What justifications will they provide? Will they claim to have been working for the government? If so, shouldn't they have been paid? If they were working for the government, where is the documentation?
Very messy.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lawyers-biden-digenova-toensing-ukraine-2019-9

Can a lawyer who represents a criminal pro Bono claim client-lawyer privilege? I'd say there's the answer, but that's an uneducated guess.

Can a lawyer who represents a criminal pro Bono claim client-lawyer privilege? I'd say there's the answer, but that's an uneducated guess.
Sure

The question I have about Rudy is if they claim there’s atty-client privilege because he’s Trump’s personal lawyer, then in what capacity is he interacting with the Ukrainians and other foreign representatives? Sort of proves the point this was all for campaign purposes and not in furtherance of our country’s interests.

On the other hand, I suppose they can try to claim he was not acting as the president’s lawyer but acting as a state depr rep or adviser and claim executive privilege?

We all know they’ll claim all of the above and refuse to cooperate. Honestly, Rudy should probably be disbarred by now.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Can’t you just give a lawyer a buck to get the privilege? I’ve seen that one in movies.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaretteman
I think Rudy is a puke, but the comments about him not being able to claim privilege because he wasn't paid (which I don't believe) are completely false. However, there are plenty of other elements of the situation that could complicate an attorney-client privilege; mostly that both Trump and Rudy have waived it by their statements to the media/twitter/etc.

Last edited:
Can’t you just give a lawyer a buck to get the privilege? I’ve seen that one in movies.

Money isn’t necessary to establish the privilege. Frankly neither is consent from the attorney. Meaning even if I refuse to take the potential client’s money and want nothing to do with them but they can establish in some way that they THOUGHT I was their attorney then the privilege attaches.

In The Case of the Blushing Pearls, Perry Mason accepted the 5 yen his client had with her. (That was about 25 cents IIRC.)

33820424683_f6a08250eb.jpg

Who needs extra lawyers? He’s mobilized an army of online extremists. It’s scary stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...s-asked-your-help/?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1
And, they're not very smart. I imagine a whole host of peoples' lives will be turned upside down by being falsely identified:

“the whistleblower is not white,” one 4chan commenter asserted Thursday, probably misreading a part of the complaint in which the whistleblower calls himself or herself a “non-White House official.” “see second set of bullet points on page 3. trump only has a handful of non white staff. I wonder who it might be.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT