ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Hotel Employees Reveal What It Was Really Like Catering to the Right Wing Elite

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
As soon as Trump was seated, the server had to “discreetly present” a mini bottle of Purell hand sanitizer. (This applied long before Covid, mind you.) Next, cue dialogue: “Good (time of day) Mr. President. Would you like your Diet Coke with or without ice?” the server was instructed to recite. A polished tray with chilled bottles and highball glasses was already prepared for either response. Directions for pouring the soda were detailed in a process no fewer than seven steps long—and illustrated with four photo exhibits. The beverage had to be opened in front of the germophobe commander in chief, “never beforehand.” The server was to hold a longneck-bottle opener by the lower third of the handle in one hand and the Diet Coke, also by the lower third, in the other. Once poured, the drink had to be placed at the President’s right-hand side. “Repeat until POTUS departs.”
Click to shrink...
Trump always had the same thing: shrimp cocktail, well-done steak, and fries (plus sometimes apple pie or chocolate cake for dessert). Popovers—make it a double for the President—had to be served within two minutes and the crustaceans “immediately.” The manual instructed the server to open mini glass bottles of Heinz ketchup in front of Trump, taking care to ensure he could hear the seal make the “pop” sound.

Garnishes were a no-no. Melania Trump once sent back a Dover sole because it was dressed with parsley and chives, says former executive chef Bill Williamson, who worked at the restaurant until the start of the pandemic. Trump himself never returned a plate, but if he was disappointed, you can bet the complaint would travel down the ranks. Like the time the President questioned why his dining companion had a bigger steak. The restaurant already special-ordered super-sized shrimp just for him and no one else. Next time, they’d better beef up the beef.

“It was the same steak. Both well done. Maybe it was a half ounce bigger or something, I don’t know,” says Williamson, who had previously run the kitchens of DC staples Birch & Barley and the Riggsby. The chef had always prepared a bone-in rib eye or filet mignon for Trump. After Steakgate, he switched to a 40-ounce tomahawk. Trump would never again gripe that he didn’t have the greatest, hugest, most beautiful steak.

One more thing. Don’t forget the snacks. A tray of junk food needed to be available for every Trump visit: Lay’s potato chips (specifically, sour cream and onion), Milky Way, Snickers, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Tic Tacs, gummy bears, Chips Ahoy, Oreos, Nutter Butters, Tootsie Rolls, chocolate-covered raisins, and Pop-Secret.
Click to shrink...
The upper echelon of hotel management portrayed themselves as true Trump believers, but the majority of those who fed and cleaned up after the right-wing clientele were ambivalent at best. They clocked in because the place paid well. Really well. Michel Rivera, a former bartender at the lobby bar, says he pulled in more than $100,000 a year with tips (at least $30K more than he made at the Hay-Adams). He says it’s the best-paying job he’s had in his 25-year career, with generous health benefits to boot—a comment echoed by many other ex-employees.

“People would literally come up to me and give me $100 bills and be like, ‘You must be the best bartender in the world if you work here!’ ” Rivera says. “A group of three or four guys would come up, have a round of drinks—I could easily sell them over $1,000. You don’t see that at too many bars.” One restaurant manager says she’s never worked anyplace else where guests would so often try to grease her palm “like the old Mafia days,” angling for proximity to power. “I’d have people try to palm me to get closer to someone’s table, if a politician was in, or try to sit at Trump’s table, which is a big no-no,” she says. “I declined, obviously. I would get fired if we moved someone to Trump’s table.”

Of course he never sends a plate back, who wants to eat spit, boogers or pubes?

Just imagine if Trump put in the same level of effort at fighting Covid as he did building a mystique for his restaurant?
When you hire a C list reality star as president you get C list competence. Grifters and hangers on.
And, of course, Trump did squat to protect his employees during the pandemic. The champion of the little guy treated his employees like dirt.

Trump would be a perfect lottery winner.

edit - just saw Belem nailed it above with the Cousin Eddie comment

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
I'd love to see the books on that place. It will probably fold, and Trump will say it was the China virus, which nobody could totally have prepared for. But, the real culprit was it was a dump that was kept afloat by lobbyist money, and foreign governments.

The well done steak part being so prominent in the story and having never heard the story, I thought it was questionable, a way to take jabs at Trump.

Nope that idiot did eat his steaks well done with ketchup, this article is from 2017

If you were not embarrassed voting for Trump before, you damn sure better be now.

The well done steak part being so prominent in the story and having never heard the story, I thought it was questionable, a way to take jabs at Trump.

Nope that idiot did eat his steaks well done with ketchup, this article is from 2017

If you were not embarrassed voting for Trump before, you damn sure better be now.

if Trump were my dad his well done steaks would be my biggest shame.

"well-done steak"

If this doesn't prove you Trumpturds are idiots, I don't know what will. Anyone that eats steak well-done is a beta.

Conservative brain not so open to food possibilities

The germophobe part is weird in that he is well known for (And brags about), moving in on women for touches and unwanted kisses.
The repetitive order is weird. He had the exact same thing the exact same way every time. The drink ordering ritual probably allowed him to exert control over people, which he seems to enjoy. But, the repetitive menu is just weird.

The germophobe part is weird in that he is well known for (And brags about), moving in on women for touches and unwanted kisses.
The repetitive order is weird. He had the exact same thing the exact same way every time. The drink ordering ritual probably allowed him to exert control over people, which he seems to enjoy. But, the repetitive menu is just weird.

I was with a group invited to the Trump Tower in Chicago. They were looking for our business. We were given a free lunch in the private dining area. A little after we were seated, Trump was seated in the main area with his sons and some others: they had a board meeting.

He ate faster than us and asked to come into the room. Basically he wanted to see who took his table. He stood about 15 feet away from our table and talked briefly then left. We were told he was a germophobe and that he never gets close or shakes hands.

I was with a group invited to the Trump Tower in Chicago. They were looking for our business. We were given a free lunch in the private dining area. A little after we were seated, Trump was seated in the main area with his sons and some others: they had a board meeting.

He ate faster than us and asked to come into the room. Basically he wanted to see who took his table. He stood about 15 feet away from our table and talked briefly then left. We were told he was a germophobe and that he never gets close or shakes hands.
Supposedly the reason he has pictures taken with people where they are both doing those dopey thumbs up gestures is because he doesn't like to shake hands. Dictators excluded. He shakes their hands.

Reactions: ping72
Yeah, but if you haven't noticed, 90% of media is taking jabs on one side or the other.

...a well done 40 oz Tomahawk steak...

with ketchup, potato chips and candy bars.
I am surprised he is still alive. No, tender Righties, I am not wishing death on him, but given his diet and disdain for exercise I am surprised he hasn't at least had a grabber.

yet somehow he is the one the average to below average joe relates to.

image-asset.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT