ADVERTISEMENT

"Trump is dividing this country"

I also believe that Trump is dividing this country with his rhetoric about blue states and red states along with his support for the far right and failure to distinguish between the protesting and rioting.. That being said, I do think the Democrats are not doing anything to try and bring people together with the constant criticism of the right and the threats. I do hope and believe that Biden may help, mainly because he is better than the alternative at this point in my mind as this current situation has unfolded with Trump in charge though he would like us to believe otherwise

I would agree that Democrats aren't trying to bring people together, although I would say that Biden looks like he will try to do that, to an extent. Certainly more than anyone else in government right now.

However, my question is, what are Democrats supposed to do? The Republicans are using dirty political tricks at every opportunity to abuse and maintain power. Do you think Democrats should just bend over and scream, "Thank you sir, may I have another!" at every turn? At some point, they are going to have to stand up and say enough is enough. Unfortunately, it is going to take Republicans to end this and currently, they show zero interest in doing that.

Trump's goal from day one has been to divide the country. He hates a United States of America. He loves chaos, especially when he benefits from it.

So says a poster who was okay with Barack Obama saying the following when he was president:

“We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

You guys are so full of shit. Trump won't bow to your demands and therefore he's 'dividing America'. You're a bunch of little children who are pitching a fit because you aren't getting your way anymore.

Do you really think Trump gives a rat's ass about you?

Do you really think Trump gives a rat's ass about you?
I think he cares deeply about American's in general and our future well being. He has specific ideas on how best to do this and has policies in place which I agree with. That's enough for me.

I would agree that Democrats aren't trying to bring people together, although I would say that Biden looks like he will try to do that, to an extent. Certainly more than anyone else in government right now.

However, my question is, what are Democrats supposed to do? The Republicans are using dirty political tricks at every opportunity to abuse and maintain power. Do you think Democrats should just bend over and scream, "Thank you sir, may I have another!" at every turn? At some point, they are going to have to stand up and say enough is enough. Unfortunately, it is going to take Republicans to end this and currently, they show zero interest in doing that.

I see a lot of finger pointing on this board and in politics in general. It isn’t our fault, it is their fault. They need to be the ones to make the first move.

Both sides feel that they are getting the short end of the stick and need to stand up for themselves and fight back. That is what I have heard time and again about Trump. “He fights back.”

Is it not possible to stand up for yourself while not attacking the other side? I do believe that Biden will reach out to the right and attempt to bring people together, which Trump has shown no interest in doing.

I think he cares deeply about American's in general and our future well being. He has specific ideas on how best to do this and has policies in place which I agree with. That's enough for me.

I find this hard to believe. Trump has shown a disregard for anything that is not in his best interest, including the American people. He continues to downplay the pandemic because he is worried that it will keep him from being elected. He blames others for anything that goes wrong in this country and tries to take credit for anything that he can spin as a positive. The people who care for me do not treat me this way. You feel that he cares about you now because he needs you to get re-elected. What happens if he is re-elected and no longer needs you?

I see a lot of finger pointing on this board and in politics in general. It isn’t our fault, it is their fault. They need to be the ones to make the first move.

Both sides feel that they are getting the short end of the stick and need to stand up for themselves and fight back. That is what I have heard time and again about Trump. “He fights back.”

Is it not possible to stand up for yourself while not attacking the other side? I do believe that Biden will reach out to the right and attempt to bring people together, which Trump has shown no interest in doing.

I believe Biden will try. I also believe he will fail because Republicans just aren't interested in working with anybody else. There is only one vision for this country for them and any other vision is unacceptable. That vision is horrifying to anyone outside of it, but it's the one they want.

I know it looks like finger pointing, and maybe it is, but to not hold Republicans accountable for the actions they have take over the last, well really, 20 years (22 if you include the impeachment fiasco), then the problem will never be corrected. You can't have a unified country when one Party's primary goal is to divide it. It's far easier to tear something apart than it is to bring it together.

Your posts do tend to show support for Trump over Biden. If we take you at your word that you are not a Trump supporter, then what is your endgame in what you are posting?

I do agree that I do not normally see much of a difference in policy between a Republican President and Democratic President and the impact on my life and pocket book is usually negligible. I think the Republican Party has let themselves be hijacked by Trump and they are following his not so carefully crafted web of lies.

I also believe that Trump is dividing this country with his rhetoric about blue states and red states along with his support for the far right and failure to distinguish between the protesting and rioting.. That being said, I do think the Democrats are not doing anything to try and bring people together with the constant criticism of the right and the threats. I do hope and believe that Biden may help, mainly because he is better than the alternative at this point in my mind as this current situation has unfolded with Trump in charge though he would like us to believe otherwise.

Ultimately, I am an anti-Trumper and want to see him out of office so we can begin to move forward together as a country. This country listened to Trump say why not four years ago and and it has been an abject failure as Trump has proven that he is not a leader with his lies and hypocrisy. What solution do you have in relation to the upcoming election?
I want to first say that I respect your posts. I don't always agree with you, but, you put genuine effort into your posts advancing real discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I loathe both. Yes, I will join in on the Biden threads and bash him because this board is overwhelmingly Dems and in my view hypocrites. They claim the mantle of tolerance. They are tolerant if you agree with them. If you don't, you're cancelled. They throw labels at people to marginalize them. They call Trump racist. I can agree with that. They claim systemic racism. Who supported the 1994 Clinton crime bill that locks up people of color? Who has been in power for 48 years? Biden. This "systemic racism" did not begin in '16. The rioting BLM has said their goal is to get Trump out. They took $33 million from Soros who has sponsored color revolutions all around the globe. Is this not treasonous? Stokely Carmichael said in the 60's that he was backed by Esso money. Useful idiots advancing the goals of billionaires.

How was Hillary a unifying figure in '16 when she called half the population "deplorables"? Whether you believe her or not, is that not divisive? Was she a friend of African-Americans when she took envelopes of cash from the prison industrial complex so she could find them "housing" enclosed with barbed wire and separating them from their families? The fact is, the Dems cannot win without the black vote and they know it. So, an all out effort has been cast to posit Trump as the bigot du jour. There's equal blame here.

I'm going to ask you to provide proof of my support for Trump. Bashing Biden is NOT an endorsement of Trump. I'm called a Putin apologist and pro-Russia because I'm alert enough to call out disinformation from Team Trump. I have started threads on whistleblowers from the OPCW that Trump used as his casus belli to bomb Douma. I got blasted from the lazy warmongers as Pro-Putin and Assad apologist. WTF? I've denounced his coup attempts in Venezuela and how his sanctions have resulted in the deaths of over 100,000. Got ripped for that too. Dems (Chris Murphy) ripped Trump because he did not go far enough. I opposed his overthrow in Bolivia in 11/19, which the press has ignored. I opposed his meddling in Belarus on 8/9/20. His trade policy is to just sanction everyone who does not bend a knee. He does not mend fences, he builds them...walls too, which I opposed because they can be made to keep people in as well.

I could go on and on. But, I strongly detest the Dems for the Russiagate hoax and Russiagate 2.0 aka Ukrainegate. All built on lies with zero evidence. Is that not divisive? They threw universal hosannahs at Mueller during the investigation. Now, knives are drawn for his failure. The Dems have played a central role in this divisiveness. I gave up on the GOP a long, long time ago. They are frauds posing as the opposition party while always advancing the interests of the Evil Party (Dems). I despise the Dems and the media for the way they treated Tulsi and Bernie. They were immediately smeared as agents of Russia for the crime of opposing the military complex. They media NEVER asked for evidence as they trashed them. That's who has already won the election...the War Party. Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed won. Our infrastructure will continue to crumble as we spend trillions abroad to advance the dreams of billionaire cartelists from both parties. And oh BTW, our military is the greatest polluter on earth and contributor to climate change. So, they are hypocritical on that front too. Neither will advance liberty.

I also oppose the monarchy system we tossed out over 240 years ago. 12 years of Bush, 8 with Bill Clinton (the 2 families are great friends), Hillary in Obama's cabinet. But, it's blame the systemic racism on Trump. It screams credulity.

Last edited:
You sound like a barking dog with this garbage. And not a big dog, a small yipping dog.
Vapid post #30,385

giphy.gif

Trumpers: "You gotta fight back! Trump!"

Dems put up ANY resistance to Trump:

Trumpers: "TDS!! TDS!! Citizen's arrest!! Citizen's arrest!!" "Dems won't cooperate!!"

I know it looks like finger pointing, and maybe it is, but to not hold Republicans accountable for the actions they have take over the last, well really, 20 years (22 if you include the impeachment fiasco), then the problem will never be corrected. You can't have a unified country when one Party's primary goal is to divide it. It's far easier to tear something apart than it is to bring it together.

This. I wrote an email to a Republican ex-friend. (He insisted we talk it out) From crapping my pants as a 20 year-old when Reagan bombed Libya, again when Saddam was lobbing scuds at Isreal in Gulf War I, the HW recession, 8 years of prosperity under Clinton/Gore, the impeachment fiasco, the right stealing the 2000 election and starting an unnecessary war to win in 2004. The Bush ll economic meltdown, Obama bringing us steadily out of it, Mitch being an obstructionist from day 1, birthergate, BENGHAZI!!, butter emails!, Merrick Garland, and then trump.... sigh.

People wonder why I lean left.

Reactions: BioHawk
I want to first say that I respect your posts. I don't always agree with you, but, you put genuine effort into your posts advancing real discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I loathe both. Yes, I will join in on the Biden threads and bash him because this board is overwhelmingly Dems and in my view hypocrites. They claim the mantle of tolerance. They are tolerant if you agree with them. If you don't, you're cancelled. They throw labels at people to marginalize them. They call Trump racist. I can agree with that. They claim systemic racism. Who supported the 1994 Clinton crime bill that locks up people of color? Who has been in power for 48 years? Biden. This "systemic racism" did not begin in '16. The rioting BLM has said their goal is to get Trump out. They took $33 million from Soros who has sponsored color revolutions all around the globe. Is this not treasonous? Stokely Carmichael said in the 60's that he was backed by Esso money. Useful idiots advancing the goals of billionaires.

How was Hillary a unifying figure in '16 when she called half the population "deplorables"? Whether you believe her or not, is that not divisive? Was she a friend of African-Americans when she took envelopes of cash from the prison industrial complex so she could find them "housing" enclosed with barbed wire and separating them from their families? The fact is, the Dems cannot win without the black vote and they know it. So, an all out effort has been cast to posit Trump as the bigot du jour. There's equal blame here.

I going to ask you to provide proof of my support for Trump. Bashing Biden is NOT an endorsement of Trump. I'm called a Putin apologist and pro-Russia because I'm alert enough to call out disinformation from Team Trump. I have started threads on whistleblowers from the OPCW that Trump used as his casus belli to bomb Douma. I got blasted from the lazy warmongers as Pro-Putin and Assad apologist. WTF? I've denounced his coup attempts in Venezuela and how his sanctions have resulted in the deaths of over 100,000. Got ripped for that too. Dems (Chris Murphy) ripped Trump because he did not go far enough. I opposed his overthrow in Bolivia in 11/19, which the press has ignored. I opposed his meddling in Belarus on 8/9/20. His trade policy is to just sanction everyone who does not bend a knee. He does not mend fences, he builds them...walls too, which I opposed because they can be made to keep people in as well.

I could go on and on. But, I strongly detest the Dems for the Russiagate hoax and Russiagate 2.0 aka Ukrainegate. All built on lies with zero evidence. Is that not divisive? They threw universal hosannahs at Mueller during the investigation. Now, knives are drawn for his failure. The Dems have played a central role in this divisiveness. I gave up on the GOP a long, long time ago. They are frauds posing as the opposition party while always advancing the interests of the Evil Party (Dems). I despise the Dems and the media for the way they treated Tulsi and Bernie. They were immediately smeared as agents of Russia for the crime of opposing the military complex. They media NEVER asked for evidence as they trashed them. That's who has already won the election...the War Party. Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed won. Our infrastructure will continue to crumble as we spend trillions abroad to advance the dreams of billionaire cartelists from both parties. And oh BTW, our military is the greatest polluter on earth and contributor to climate change. So, they are hypocritical on that front too. Neither will advance liberty.

I also oppose the monarchy system we tossed out over 240 years ago. 12 years of Bush, 8 with Bill Clinton (the 2 families are great friends), Hillary in Obama's cabinet. But, it's blame the systemic racism on Trump. It screams credulity.

I can respect your opinions and can say you have much stronger feelings on politics than I have. I have only had a passing interest in politics until this year, which I do attribute to Trump. I probably mistook your Biden bashing as support for Trump since those are the main two options this year. I also dislike petty name calling and insults that take place in this board.

Ultimately. I do agree with you on both parties. I do not feel that the two party system is working very well at the present time. They bicker constantly and blame each other for the messes that they have created, which is probably part of the reason for my disinterest. Most politicians will do whatever it takes to get elected, including switching parties.

Also. I do not like how the two parties control the elections with the dollars they have raised. I would prefer to see candidates run based on their beliefs and the amount of support that they can garner as opposed to the dollars that are raised. This runs hand in hand with running a negative campaign. A large portion of the election material that we received this year did not even mention the candidate that the organization supported, it was just bashing the opponent. While I do not blame Trump for this, I do think he has taken it to another level and used it to his advantage. In light of there not being a viable third candidate, I hope that Biden wins and we may be able to start moving towards more civil behavior as a country and show each other more respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT