ADVERTISEMENT

'Trump is in the past’: Mounting losses show limits of power

Reactions: artradley
I agree with the second phrase, that we're seeing the limits of his power. I don't agree with the first phase, that it's in the past.

What is in the past is political power around his solitary focus on the 2020 elections being stolen. His standing going forward is based totally on how willing he is to move on to that and start working for Republicans and against Democrats.

Considering that he has been this way since before his presidency even ended, it seems unlikely. BUT, if he could drop that schtick and spend the next several months helping Republicans get elected in November, he would be right back on top. I mean, if he was able to put 2020 behind him and show up for Republicans everywhere, including Kemp in Georgia, and actually act like he was the leader of the Republican party, they'd all but clear the field for him in 2024.

It's doubtful that he can do that, but its still very possible.

That’s fantastic news…..For Democrats!
Assuming the Democrats can run a candidate people can get behind. Biden isn't winning again, and Kamala isn't going to move the needle. Warren has had her shot and came up short. So who do the Democrats have in their back pocket who can actually gain traction. Four years is a long enough time for people to forget how much they hated Trump, especially if inflation stays where it is.

Assuming the Democrats can run a candidate people can get behind. Biden isn't winning again, and Kamala isn't going to move the needle. Warren has had her shot and came up short. So who do the Democrats have in their back pocket who can actually gain traction. Four years is a long enough time for people to forget how much they hated Trump, especially if inflation stays where it is.

Amy / Pete - 2024

Reactions: artradley

President Jared Polis / VP Eric Adams (if he can make a dent in NYC crime)

I'm not an expert on these dudes, but Polis is the guy I think. He's an effective, pragmatic, successful governor (https://coloradonewsline.com/briefs...vernors-by-conservative-leaning-organization/), he doesn't easily get dragged into unpopular progressive fetishes, and he's got the most unassailable record on COVID of any Democrat in the nation. Voters still really respond to competence, even if we haven't seen all that much lately. He's a pretty libertarian guy who would have a ton of appeal to moderate and center-right voters.

And he's super gay.

If they can pair him with an African American that isn't afraid to be tough on crime (rather than running from that reputation), I think the Democrats would have a very powerful message.

As always, the question is whether someone more moderate like Polis can get out of the primaries. I think he can under some conditions. First, if he's able to position as the only moderate among a lot of leftists vying for the vote, i.e. he'd be better off running against 10 Bernies and Warrens than Amys.

But also, virtually all the hope for moderates in the Democratic primary runs through the African American base, and a homosexual from Colorado is going to have some challenges there. You'd have to pair him with someone with strong appeal to those voters, there's just no route for a moderate to the Dem nomination without black support. Polis/Michelle Obama would be a dream ticket.

President Jared Polis / VP Eric Adams (if he can make a dent in NYC crime)

I'm not an expert on these dudes, but Polis is the guy I think. He's an effective, pragmatic, successful governor (https://coloradonewsline.com/briefs...vernors-by-conservative-leaning-organization/), he doesn't easily get dragged into unpopular progressive fetishes, and he's got the most unassailable record on COVID of any Democrat in the nation. Voters still really respond to competence, even if we haven't seen all that much lately. He's a pretty libertarian guy who would have a ton of appeal to moderate and center-right voters.

And he's super gay.

If they can pair him with an African American that isn't afraid to be tough on crime (rather than running from that reputation), I think the Democrats would have a very powerful message.

As always, the question is whether someone more moderate like Polis can get out of the primaries. I think he can under some conditions. First, if he's able to position as the only moderate among a lot of leftists vying for the vote, i.e. he'd be better off running against 10 Bernies and Warrens than Amys.

But also, virtually all the hope for moderates in the Democratic primary runs through the African American base, and a homosexual from Colorado is going to have some challenges there. You'd have to pair him with someone with strong appeal to those voters, there's just no route for a moderate to the Dem nomination without black support. Polis/Michelle Obama would be a dream ticket.
You piqued my interest, but then relegated back to identity politics - why?

For me less likeable, YMMV.
OK, fair enough. I can't say that I am super familiar with how personable and likeable Klobuchar is...but knowing what I know now...I would take her over Harris or Biden in 2024, if those are the options...and even Trump. And that's coming from someone that considers themselves to be a conservative.

Edit to add: I also wonder how "unlikeable" she(Klobuchar) really is v. whatever dirty tricks her competitors were trying to smear her with in the Dem primary race.

The word on the street is that Donald Trump will not
make any announcement on running for President in
2024 until after the mid-term elections in 2022.

In the meantime, he is still facing tax fraud charges in his
business dealings in New York and charges of aiding
the Washington D.C. Riot on January 6, 2021.

He has lost the support of a majority of GOP Governors
and the general public is getting tired of his complaint
that the 2020 Presidential election was stolen from him.

Bottom Line: Donald Trump will not run again for President.

Last edited:
I don’t dislike Klobuchar, actually.
HRC just emanates nasty evilness IMO
I'm not sure who I like, but you can be sure each party will put up their most senior, out of touch, party loyalist on the ballot in 2024.

I never voted for Trump.

That said, I reject your post. People can and should be able to reflect on history and their choices so they don't repeat their mistakes.
I reject it as well because it’s a silly empty post. No one on a message board can deny someone the right to their opinions.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
ADVERTISEMENT