ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Looking to Divert $6.1 Billion From Military to Build Wall

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Conservatives would have busted a blood vessel if Obama tried to do this, even if it was for a wall... SIAP, did a search on Shanahan... As an aside, I imagine the "narcotics" funding is Coast Guard in the war on drugs. So, more drug trafficking will shift to the ocean as Trump is building a wall.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/sec-shanahan-border-funding/index.html
(CNN)Acting US Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said, beginning Sunday, he will start studying which projects military money may come from to shift funds toward a border wall following President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration.

Trump on Friday declared a national emergency to secure federal funds to build a wall on the southern border, bypassing Congress after lawmakers refused to meet his multi-billion dollar request for border wall funds.

The administration has said $2.5 billion of military narcotics funding and $3.6 billion in military construction money will be diverted to the wall. But Shanahan will have final say on how much will be taken from which programs.
A military official said Shanahan is likely to approve the $3.6 billion figure.

If this is money taken from some missile project, or warplane, I am all for it. But it’s Trump, so it probably ends up being a humanitarian project.

Lol. I think you know where the cuts and sacrifices will be made.

I just can't believe we are in the year 2019 and a POTUS's reelection hinges on whether a fuggin' medieval wall is built. Seriously, that's what we're ultimately talking about here, Trump's reelection bid. That's what this whole fuggin' hubbub is about. It's ridiculous.

I assume pay and benefits will be in the chopping block as well.

I don't give a f**k where the money comes from. You don't give ANY president the power to decide what he wants to fund and what he wants to do with money that Congress has already allocated. I can't believe any thinking person would support this...and I'm not sure any do.

I don't give a f**k where the money comes from. You don't give ANY president the power to decide what he wants to fund and what he wants to do with money that Congress has already allocated. I can't believe any thinking person would support this...and I'm not sure any do.

I remember the days when cons thought Obama had an executive order problem and an abuse of power issue.

No problem with Trump, though. Whatever edict King Trump wants to issue is good for the Kingdom. So help us God if the Supreme Court rules in this a-hole's favor. Clear, and I mean crystal fuggin' clear, violation of any reasonably sane, conservative interpretation of the Constitution.

This shit continues, and Republicans continue to stand by idly and smile sheepishly, there should be about a total of 8 reps and senators combined in 2021 who have an R attached to their name in Congress.

This shit continues, and Republicans continue to stand by idly and smile sheepishly, there should be about a total of 8 reps and senators combined in 2021 who have an R attached to their name in Congress.
And they're not even being idle. McConnell endorsed it. Doug Lamborn (R-CO) applauds it. It's literally the craziest shit I've ever seen coming from Congress.

"We voted to NOT appropriate money for the wall"

We voted to fund X project"

"Oh...you want to take money from a project we approved and use it for something we explicitly didn't? Sure....go ahead. It's all good."

I’d love to see this open peoples eyes to the ridiculousness of our military budget.

So you’re telling me a president that favors significant and increased investment in our military is ok taking away $8 billion to defend us from a country that poses no military threat? And our ability to defend ourselves against the other threats isn’t impacted by $8 billion? We’re just as safe in those areas?

I’d love to see this open peoples eyes to the ridiculousness of our military budget.

So you’re telling me a president that favors significant and increased investment in our military is ok taking away $8 billion to defend us from a country that poses no military threat? And our ability to defend ourselves against the other threats isn’t impacted by $8 billion? We’re just as safe in those areas?

Numerous entities cross the border. No one is suggesting that it’s the Mexican Army.

Military and border related issues go hand in hand. Both are national defense related issues.

You saw all those prayer rugs at the border in that documentary, Sicario 2? Like your orange cult leader “genius”?

You will gladly swallow any load POTUS will shoot down your throat.

Hypocrisy again, rinse repeat Tar.

Conservatives would have busted a blood vessel if Obama tried to do this, even if it was for a wall... SIAP, did a search on Shanahan... As an aside, I imagine the "narcotics" funding is Coast Guard in the war on drugs. So, more drug trafficking will shift to the ocean as Trump is building a wall.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/sec-shanahan-border-funding/index.html
(CNN)Acting US Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said, beginning Sunday, he will start studying which projects military money may come from to shift funds toward a border wall following President Donald Trump's national emergency declaration.

Trump on Friday declared a national emergency to secure federal funds to build a wall on the southern border, bypassing Congress after lawmakers refused to meet his multi-billion dollar request for border wall funds.

The administration has said $2.5 billion of military narcotics funding and $3.6 billion in military construction money will be diverted to the wall. But Shanahan will have final say on how much will be taken from which programs.
A military official said Shanahan is likely to approve the $3.6 billion figure.
Why are libs becoming insane over the wall? You all claim the wall will not be effective, so if that is true, you should not be mad. Caring about how much it costs, that is nonsense, we are talking about amounts here that are rounding error in the budget. The fraud in most government programs is MORE than this. So that tells me that your obsession over a wall, is because you know it will work, and you desperately want poor people to come to this country. I personally want the best immigrants from the world, not the poor.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Military and border related issues go hand in hand. Both are national defense related issues.

False. They're law enforcement issues.

The military has next to nothing to do with border security. Nothing personal, but this is the problem I have with Trump apologists. They don't know the facts, don't understand the facts, and/or simply don't care. Our country deserves better.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...what-us-troops-deployed-at-the-border-can-do/

Why are libs becoming insane over the wall? You all claim the wall will not be effective, so if that is true, you should not be mad. Caring about how much it costs, that is nonsense, we are talking about amounts here that are rounding error in the budget. The fraud in most government programs is MORE than this. So that tells me that your obsession over a wall, is because you know it will work, and you desperately want poor people to come to this country. I personally want the best immigrants from the world, not the poor.

What this post tells me is you lack serious reading comprehension skills and/or just aren't very bright. I'll go on a limb and say the former and latter are both the case here.

The concern, and it's not just from libs it's from anyone who cares about the Constitution and the abuse of power of the executive branch, has nothing to do with the inane drivel you just wrote. The concern is about the dangerous precedent Trump is trying to establish, which is ostensibly that he is King, Congress don't matter, and whatever edict he issues it should be the sacred duty of all branches of government and the American people to trust and obey.

Smh. The feebleness and puerile condition of some of you guys' brains are just sad.

The military has next to nothing to do with border security. Nothing personal, but this is the problem I have with Trump apologists. They don't know the facts, don't understand the facts, and/or simply don't care. Our country deserves better.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...what-us-troops-deployed-at-the-border-can-do/

Hey didn't say the military had anything to do with border security. He said the y are both national defense issues.

Where’s our Canadian wall? Is that next on the docket for you geniuses?

Actually, I've seen it reported that there are greater concerns with terrorists entering the country through the U.S./Canada border, it's just people are so consumed with this fake emergency and controversy Trump drummed up during the campaign to gain favor and support from angry, puerile, uninformed people looking for someone to blame for their lot in life.

Blaming Mexicans has a greater appeal than blaming the Canadians. Hence, Trump's popularity with the least educated and informed among us.

Disagreeing and debating =/= becoming insane.

6 billion dollar is a lot of money no matter how much you want to minimize it.

If there is so much fraud why isn't it being dealt with by the Swamp Drainer in Chief?

You'll want "poor people" in this country when you wake up to the fact that at this rate there will be nobody to change your sheets or wipe your ass when you become too old to do it yourself.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Actually, I've seen it reported that there are greater concerns with terrorists entering the country through the U.S./Canada border, it's just people are so consumed with this fake emergency and controversy Trump drummed up during the campaign to gain favor and support from angry, puerile, uninformed people looking for someone to blame for their lot in life.

Blaming Mexicans has a greater appeal than blaming the Canadians. Hence, Trump's popularity with the least educated and informed among us.

Nailed it. Not to mention huge amounts of Fentanyl coming from Canada.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

Just like before 9-11 when we handled those things from a law enforcement approach. How’d that work out for us?

Just like before 9-11 when we handled those things from a law enforcement approach. How’d that work out for us?

What does that have to do with border security?

Those idiots were in this country going to the titty bar, partying, and living it up right before the day they went to be greeted by Allah and their 70 virgins.

WTF military operation should have been done for that that shouldn't have been better handled by the FBI?

Regardless, you missed the point. The point is current federal law limits what the military can do. And what exactly are they supposed to do that more law enforcement can't fix? Most of the people coming across the border are basically peons looking to escape the cartel and have a chance at a better life. Are our law enforcement people/border patrol that incompetent to address that? I don't think so. They just need more manpower and more resources, not military. The military has more important things to do than babysit the border.

I'm sorry, dude, nothing personal, but you're flat out wrong on this.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
What does that have to do with border security?

Those idiots were in this country going to the titty bar, partying, and living it up right before the day they went to be greeted by Allah and their 70 virgins.

WTF military operation should have been done for that that shouldn't have been better handled by the FBI?

Regardless, you missed the point. The point is current federal law limits what the military can do. And what exactly are they supposed to do that more law enforcement can't fix? Most of the people coming across the border are basically peons looking to escape the cartel and have a chance at a better life. Are our law enforcement people/border patrol that incompetent to address that? I don't think so. They just need more manpower and more resources, not military. The military has more important things to do than babysit the border.

I'm sorry, dude, nothing personal, but you're flat out wrong on this.

They just need more manpower and more resources, not military.”

Like reducing the number of beds?

I can't imagine this is popular with the military-industrial complex, not only for the immediate impact, but because of the precedent.

The potential precedent should make this move unpopular for everyone. There is no reason whatsoever to think that we have an emergency on the immigration front. There is obviously room for reform, but the answer is definitely not for the POTUS to rule by fiat. We aren't supposed to have a King in this country.

They just need more manpower and more resources, not military.”

Like reducing the number of beds?

Lol. That's the best you have?

You lost the argument, home skillet. Let it go. The military at the border is not the answer. They have more important things to do.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about the wall, whether they build it or don't. But I'd rather see the wall completed than wasting our military's time on this. If the government is going to address this they need to try to solve the actual problem though, which largely entails more law enforcement and upgraded technology to stop drugs from coming in at legal ports of entry, etc.

It's really not that complicated of an issue.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
There are going to be some nasty, under handed, back room deals on this funding swipe.

But in general, they'll come from $$$ allotted to "blue" State projects.

When Trump and Pence die from eating tainted Whoppers, and Nancy becomes President, what National Emergencies will she declare, and where will she pull the money from?

You lost the argument, home skillet. Let it go. The military at the border is not the answer. They have more important things to do.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about the wall, whether they build it or don't. But I'd rather see the wall completed than wasting our military's time on this. If the government is going to address this they need to try to solve the actual problem though, which largely entails more law enforcement and upgraded technology to stop drugs from coming in at legal ports of entry, etc.

Lost the argument? LOL. You didn’t have the winning argument from the word go.

I’m all for taking money from the bloated military budget. There is a constitutionally mandated process for doing this with congress. Trump seems to hate the constitution.

If the law allows a declaration of a national emergency and if it’s upheld by the courts (it will be) then there is nothing unconstitutional about it.

MAGA!

Northern getting owned on facts and waving the white flag. So BAU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT