ADVERTISEMENT

Trump planning a military send off

Last I heard, he was planning on fleeing aboard AF1.

But, he has to be on the ground and off the plane @ 12:00 noon, unless he asks Joe for permission. Gawd I hope Andrews is socked in for weather that morning so it’s grounded and timing gets all F’d up.

Well, I guess, even though he's been impeached twice, and should have been convicted the first time and still may be if any Senate Republicans suddenly grow a spine and a conscience, he's entitled to one, no matter how tacky and pathetic it will look.

Reactions: seam and BGHAWK

But, he has to be on the ground and off the plane @ 12:00 noon, unless he asks Joe for permission. Gawd I hope Andrews is socked in for weather that morning so it’s grounded and timing gets all F’d up.
Sunny and 49.
Good move on Trump’s part. He knows Biden would make him line up like a little school boy and ask nicely.

Well, I guess, even though he's been impeached twice, and should have been convicted the first time and still may be if any Senate Republicans suddenly grow a spine and a conscience, he's entitled to one, no matter how tacky and pathetic it will look.
I can’t recall any POTUS in my lifetime getting a 21 gun salute.

About the only modern day POTUS worthy of that would have been Ike, I think. (No, I wasn’t born when Ike was in office. But close).

The Pentagon has said they won't have their customary military send off for him.

Or in honor of his Space Force....

FatherlyGoldenGarpike-max-1mb.gif

can Biden order it grounded?

You guys are all going to go stir crazy once he's gone. Part time job.

You guys are all going to go stir crazy once he's gone. Part time job.
As long as he is outta the WH and spending the rest of his life either avoiding the slam, or an inmate, I don’t care..

He’s gonna be bankrupt inside the next 12 months. 5 or 600 million due this summer ( that he personally guaranteed ) and all of his go-to banks have shut off the spigots.

I can’t recall any POTUS in my lifetime getting a 21 gun salute.

About the only modern day POTUS worthy of that would have been Ike, I think. (No, I wasn’t born when Ike was in office. But close).
And Ike would never have wanted it. He had experienced war first hand, and knew well enough to denegrate the phoney patriotism of those who wrapped their arms in the flag to send young Americans off to their deaths if it wasn't absolutely necessary;.

And Ike would never have wanted it. He had experienced war first hand, and knew well enough to denegrate the phoney patriotism of those who wrapped their arms in the flag to send young Americans off to their deaths if it wasn't absolutely necessary;.
5 Star General likely wouldn’t have wanted the pomp & circumstance, and a draft dodger demands it.

Figures.

As long as he is outta the WH and spending the rest of his life either avoiding the slam, or an inmate, I don’t care..

He’s gonna be bankrupt inside the next 12 months. 5 or 600 million due this summer ( that he personally guaranteed ) and all of his go-to banks have shut off the spigots.

Even if he goes bankrupt and appears to lose it all, he’ll be fine financially. Assume he has millions or more (probably way more) that no one knows about tucked away in several different countries under several different names, businesses, etc.

Reactions: lucas80
Even if he goes bankrupt and appears to lose it all, he’ll be fine financially. Assume he has millions or more (probably way more) that no one knows about tucked away in several different countries under several different names, businesses, etc.
Well that will likely come out in all of the criminal charges he's likely to face once he's out of office.

Reactions: seam and Torg
Still have to remember the rate he burns though money. Unless he's able to set a up a new grift. He'll be on public golf courses like OJ.

But he won’t be able to retain his properties. Not all of them. And if he magically comes up with a half billion, someone is gonna wanna know where it came from.

You gotta remember. Vance has, and has had, his tax returns for quite a while. Deutsch Bank turned them over immediately after being subpoenaed. They didn’t even wait for Trump to appeal, saying THEY were subpoenaed, not Trump.

I remember thinking then, DB knows his financial woes and tax problems, and they won’t be around as a piggy bank after he left office.

They said last week, that’s it, no more. And, stay current with your note(s).

Now, DB turning over taxes was huge. Because I have a sneaky suspicion they don’t match what he filed with the IRS. If they don’t, he’s definitely going to be convicted.

Something else to think of; the feds also have Allen Weisselberg, Trump Org’s CFO, under investigation. Dude is 72 years old. If push comes to shove, he might have to decide between dying in prison, or flipping like Cohen did.

He’ll flip.

I’m reminded of the episode of MASH, where some general dies in the arms of Hotlips. Unable to accept this end an aide orders an assault on some hill with all the trimmings so the general can go out in style.
I can see Trump wanting time have fighter jets and tanks at his send off. Just one more chance to have soldiers and Marines snap salutes at him, and call him, “Sir”! Then he can tell the press how some Marine told him he was the greatest president for the military ever.

But he won’t be able to retain his properties. Not all of them. And if he magically comes up with a half billion, someone is gonna wanna know where it came from.

You gotta remember. Vance has, and has had, his tax returns for quite a while. Deutsch Bank turned them over immediately after being subpoenaed. They didn’t even wait for Trump to appeal, saying THEY were subpoenaed, not Trump.

I remember thinking then, DB knows his financial woes and tax problems, and they won’t be around as a piggy bank after he left office.

They said last week, that’s it, no more. And, stay current with your note(s).

Now, DB turning over taxes was huge. Because I have a sneaky suspicion they don’t match what he filed with the IRS. If they don’t, he’s definitely going to be convicted.

Something else to think of; the feds also have Allen Weisselberg, Trump Org’s CFO, under investigation. Dude is 72 years old. If push comes to shove, he might have to decide between dying in prison, or flipping like Cohen did.

He’ll flip.
Clinton and Obama became very wealthy after leaving office. I am sure Trump will get a piece if that money for nothing action. Hell he didn't even take a salary.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT