ADVERTISEMENT

Trump really brought out the dregs of society...

On a related note, on Halloween while trick or treating with our little girl and her friends, I saw a dude wearing a shirt with "Let's Go Brandon!" in huge letters, an American flag MAGA hat, open carry empty holster, chew in his mouth, and cowboy boots. I laughed and said "Great costume!", his smile faded and he said "I'm not wearin' a costume". The thought occurred to me prior to making my comment that it might be his normal attire but it just seemed too over the top.

Unfortunately we’ve passed the point of simply disagreement over policy, people actually think the other side is “vile, disgusting, etc” it’s personal for people who’ve never met.

IRL I won't talk with anyone that's overly political - either side. I simply find them uninteresting. The conversation bores me. Riling people up on HORT is just a way to pass the time.

On a related note, on Halloween while trick or treating with our little girl and her friends, I saw a dude wearing a shirt with "Let's Go Brandon!" in huge letters, an American flag MAGA hat, open carry empty holster, chew in his mouth, and cowboy boots. I laughed and said "Great costume!", his smile faded and he said "I'm not wearin' a costume". The thought occurred to me prior to making my comment that it might be his normal attire but it just seemed too over the top.
Wish I could do a Haha and Sadface emoji for this one!

Reactions: gohawks50
A large chunk of the US is uneducated hillbillies who have racism and xenophobia baked in. It's in their DNA and it ain't going to change.

What's interesting is, my parents were educated and didn't have hate for people, but my sister is what you described. I would have hoped she would have learned from my parents but I guess not.

Reactions: GOHOX69
"bOtH SiDeS" but longer. Haha none of what you said means republicans and democrats are remotely the same. One is clearly worse, especially in this case.

Maybe this picture will help him understand

TCUxrF0.jpg

Absolutely. It's not supposed to be a competition!

BUT, posters on HROT could take some ownership too. The individual polarization and whataboutism is absurd in this country. How about each one of us here try to put an end to it?
There is no sense in talking to MAGA or Progressives about polarization. It is where this country is. Moderates don't have signs and flags that lack civility. I am done with the fringes.

I suppose if the sign said #notmypresident that would have been better…
If it said #notmypresident I would not give a f*. There is zero reason to bring vulgarity into the neighborhood. If someone flew a F* Trump flag that would be equally classless. Even if I agree that he can go F* himself. No place for it hanging from your flagpole.

If it said #notmypresident I would not give a f*. There is zero reason to bring vulgarity into the neighborhood. If someone flew a F* Trump flag that would be equally classless. Even if I agree that he can go F* himself. No place for it hanging from your flagpole.
Sadly, we have at least one confederate flag and also several F Biden signs in yards right by our high school football stadium. All the opposing teams' buses drive past, seems pretty embarrassing.

Pretty pathetic.

Neither side has any room to talk in regard to vulgarity.
It's never enough for you to simply say something is wrong. It's always gotta be a whataboutism or a but, but, both sides comment.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Not joking, you are lucky he didn't assault you. That's the next step for the cult members.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT