ADVERTISEMENT

Trump says it would be ‘disloyal’ for Pence, other Cabinet members to run against him

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Former president Donald Trump said in a radio interview Friday that it would be “disloyal” for former vice president Mike Pence or other members of his Cabinet to run against him for the Republican nomination in 2024.
“Well, many of them have said they would never run if I run, so we’ll see if that turns out to be true,” Trump told Fox News Radio’s Brian Kilmeade. “I think it would be very disloyal if they did, but that’s okay, too.”
Pence made headlines earlier this week when asked if he would back a Trump bid for the White House in 2024.
“Well, there might be somebody else I’d prefer more,” Pence told an audience at Georgetown University on Wednesday night, alluding to his own ambitions.
Others who served in the Trump administration who have been mentioned as possible 2024 candidates include former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley.
Trump told Kilmeade he plans to announce a decision about his 2024 plans “in the not too distant future” — a timetable he has cited for some time now.

If the Democrats gain control of the U.S.Senate in next
month's mid-term elections, then Trump will lose his
grip on the GOP. The emperor will have no clothes.
In the next two years there could be new GOP names
who will run for President in 2024.

Trump should have thought about the consequences of refusing to accept losing the election. Trump doesn't really think though. He's too much of a narcissist asshole to consider the consequences of anything he does. He's the very definition of a bully. Had he simply been a halfway decent human being he probably would have been re-elected.

God I hope so, but the people that replace him need to be actually willing governors and not wannabe dictators like DeSantis. We are a stronger country when both parties want to solve problems, even if we don't agree on how to do that.

I'm not sure he would have been nominated in the first place had he been a halfway decent human being.

To be fair he could have probably transitioned to being a decent human being after being elected. It's really hard to primary out an incumbent president.

But ultimately he is who he is. Who is is won him the Republican nomination but cost him in 2020.

75% of his devoted base probably can’t name the three branches of the U.S. government, much less who is in control of the House or Senate and what that all means. They will follow him to the end, regardless of the makeup of Congress.

THIS. Brian Kemp in Georgia has shown the path that leads away from Trump. The Republicans have seen they can reclaim power without the Orange One to clear a path.
Dems do NOT want him to fade away.

Trump should have thought about the consequences of refusing to accept losing the election. Trump doesn't really think though. He's too much of a narcissist asshole to consider the consequences of anything he does. He's the very definition of a bully. Had he simply been a halfway decent human being he probably would have been re-elected.

I can’t think of any consequences he has paid. Certainly it has not cost him any support, and it hasn’t prevented him from maintaining an iron grip on the party.

It seems to be working well for him.

To be fair he could have probably transitioned to being a decent human being after being elected. It's really hard to primary out an incumbent president.

But ultimately he is who he is. Who is is won him the Republican nomination but cost him in 2020.

I honestly thought that might happen.

I also thought the GOP would discard him after he lost.

I’ve given up ascribing any hint of decency among MAGATS and the GOP. I’m done over estimating them.

I honestly thought that might happen.

I also thought the GOP would discard him after he lost.

I’ve given up ascribing any hint of decency among MAGATS and the GOP. I’m done over estimating them.

I think I realized that they don't care is when Trump said McCain wasn't a war hero and it didn't hurt him.

I didn't realize at the time how far they were willing to go but I kind of realized they don't much care.

THIS. Brian Kemp in Georgia has shown the path that leads away from Trump. The Republicans have seen they can reclaim power without the Orange One to clear a path.
Wrong as usual. I can't wait for the republicans to find their sanity again and dump people like Trump and MTG. I long for the days when they were just decent people with terrible policy.

Wrong as usual. I can't wait for the republicans to find their sanity again and dump people like Trump and MTG. I long for the days when they were just decent people with terrible policy.

Yeah, I believe the vast majority of Democrats would love for Trump to go away. It’s scarey as hell to run against the MAGAT candidates, and they win elections in red states. They are taking over the government at all levels and it is disturbing.

Conservatives say they want Trump to go away, but clearly the vast majority don’t. And the ones who claim they want him gone will vote for him again in a heartbeat.

People like Kemp can win in the general election. But not many of them can get through the primaries.

Kemp didn’t need Trump to win re-election. If he did he’d be licking Trump’s balls. Look at all the whackos you refuse to condemn that have groveled for Trump’s support.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Former president Donald Trump said in a radio interview Friday that it would be “disloyal” for former vice president Mike Pence or other members of his Cabinet to run against him for the Republican nomination in 2024.
“Well, many of them have said they would never run if I run, so we’ll see if that turns out to be true,” Trump told Fox News Radio’s Brian Kilmeade. “I think it would be very disloyal if they did, but that’s okay, too.”
Pence made headlines earlier this week when asked if he would back a Trump bid for the White House in 2024.
“Well, there might be somebody else I’d prefer more,” Pence told an audience at Georgetown University on Wednesday night, alluding to his own ambitions.
Others who served in the Trump administration who have been mentioned as possible 2024 candidates include former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley.
Trump told Kilmeade he plans to announce a decision about his 2024 plans “in the not too distant future” — a timetable he has cited for some time now.

Alphas don’t threaten. Betas threaten.

Kemp didn’t need Trump to win re-election. If he did he’d be licking Trump’s balls. Look at all the whackos you refuse to condemn that have groveled for Trump’s support.
I will look at them if you produce a list of said grovelers.

We are just over two weeks from finding out who’s wrong- as usual.

This is such bullshit. Ever last Iowa R still loves him dearly. Trump is still leading the polls for nomination. Take responsibility for this fascist clown. Stop the Dem deflections.

Lol, you think your side is voting in people other than a bunch of MAGA types? And that will proves your point?
Are you referring to the ultra Maga “types” who were intentionally propped up by Dems in the primaries so they could campaign against them in the general? Bolduc?
Yep they probably won’t win but if they do it’s going to be on the Dems.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Are you referring to the ultra Maga “types” who were intentionally propped up by Dems in the primaries so they could campaign against them in the general? Bolduc?
Yep they probably won’t win but if they do it’s going to be on the Dems.
Ah, the party of personal responsibility once again blaming all their party’s problems on others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT