ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Shares Post Suggesting 'Civil War'

Kenneth Griffin

HR Legend
Jan 13, 2012

Trump Shares Post Suggesting 'Civil War'​

Josephine Harvey

4 minutes

Former President Donald Trump shared a post on his social media platform that appeared to propose or predict a civil war in the U.S.
A Truth Social user suggested “civil war” in response to a March 19 tweet from El Salvador’s president, Nayib Bukele, which was screengrabbed and posted to Truth Social by former Fox Nation host Lara Logan. Trump “retruthed” the comment about civil war.
“The most powerful country in the world is falling so fast, that it makes you rethink what are the real reasons,” Bukele’s tweet read. “Something so big and powerful can’t be destroyed so quickly, unless the enemy comes from within.”
Trump shared a post suggesting a U.S. civil war.

Trump shared a post suggesting a U.S. "civil war."
Truth Social
Bukele, whose extensive Twitter use and hardline immigration policies have led some to designate him a “mini Trump,” has had a tense relationship with the Biden administration. Officials have expressed serious concerns about his commitment to democracy.
His tweet was in response to a Bloomberg News article about rising inflation in the U.S.
Attorney George Conway, one of Trump’s most prominent conservative critics, flagged the exchange on Twitter.
In an interview with CNN, Conway said Republicans were willing to look the other way from Trump’s incendiary rhetoric because “they’re terrified of him.”
“But they’re also terrified of a Republican base that’s become increasingly radicalized,” he continued. “That actually does believe that people who politically disagree with them are a threat to the nation and therefore violence could be necessary to fight them off, and that’s what we saw in this social media post.”
“The suggestion is that somehow we are headed towards civil war or there should be civil war, or something to that effect, and for a former president of the United States and leading contender for the 2024 Republican nomination to even be talking about that and suggesting that is absolutely appalling.”
Trump’s behavior drew condemnation, including from Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), one of Trump’s few Republican detractors in Congress, and Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.).
“Any of my fellow Republicans wanna speak out now?” Kinzinger tweeted. “Or are we just wanting to get through ’just one more election first...?”
Swalwell said Trump wouldn’t be “man enough” to fight in a civil war he called for, noting the former president dodged being drafted for the Vietnam War and didn’t join protesters that he encouraged to march to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
Some of those protesters went on to ransack the building in an effort to stop Congress’ certification of the 2020 election, which Trump repeatedly and falsely told supporters was “rigged” and “stolen” from him.
In the wake of Trump’s persistent attacks on the U.S. electoral system, and the political violence it inspired on Jan. 6, the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance in Stockholm listed the U.S. as a “backsliding” democracy last year.
A member of a key CIA advisory panel, political science expert Barbara Walter, warned in a book last year that “no one wants to believe that their beloved democracy is in decline, or headed toward war” but the U.S. “has entered very dangerous territory.”
Some Republican officials have stoked divisions, openly calling for civil war and parroting language used for years by far-right extremists and white supremacists.

Trump Shares Post Suggesting 'Civil War'​

Josephine Harvey

4 minutes

Former President Donald Trump shared a post on his social media platform that appeared to propose or predict a civil war in the U.S.
A Truth Social user suggested “civil war” in response to a March 19 tweet from El Salvador’s president, Nayib Bukele, which was screengrabbed and posted to Truth Social by former Fox Nation host Lara Logan. Trump “retruthed” the comment about civil war.
“The most powerful country in the world is falling so fast, that it makes you rethink what are the real reasons,” Bukele’s tweet read. “Something so big and powerful can’t be destroyed so quickly, unless the enemy comes from within.”
Trump shared a post suggesting a U.S. civil war.

Trump shared a post suggesting a U.S. "civil war."
Truth Social
Bukele, whose extensive Twitter use and hardline immigration policies have led some to designate him a “mini Trump,” has had a tense relationship with the Biden administration. Officials have expressed serious concerns about his commitment to democracy.
His tweet was in response to a Bloomberg News article about rising inflation in the U.S.
Attorney George Conway, one of Trump’s most prominent conservative critics, flagged the exchange on Twitter.
In an interview with CNN, Conway said Republicans were willing to look the other way from Trump’s incendiary rhetoric because “they’re terrified of him.”
“But they’re also terrified of a Republican base that’s become increasingly radicalized,” he continued. “That actually does believe that people who politically disagree with them are a threat to the nation and therefore violence could be necessary to fight them off, and that’s what we saw in this social media post.”
“The suggestion is that somehow we are headed towards civil war or there should be civil war, or something to that effect, and for a former president of the United States and leading contender for the 2024 Republican nomination to even be talking about that and suggesting that is absolutely appalling.”
Trump’s behavior drew condemnation, including from Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), one of Trump’s few Republican detractors in Congress, and Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.).
“Any of my fellow Republicans wanna speak out now?” Kinzinger tweeted. “Or are we just wanting to get through ’just one more election first...?”
Swalwell said Trump wouldn’t be “man enough” to fight in a civil war he called for, noting the former president dodged being drafted for the Vietnam War and didn’t join protesters that he encouraged to march to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
Some of those protesters went on to ransack the building in an effort to stop Congress’ certification of the 2020 election, which Trump repeatedly and falsely told supporters was “rigged” and “stolen” from him.
In the wake of Trump’s persistent attacks on the U.S. electoral system, and the political violence it inspired on Jan. 6, the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance in Stockholm listed the U.S. as a “backsliding” democracy last year.
A member of a key CIA advisory panel, political science expert Barbara Walter, warned in a book last year that “no one wants to believe that their beloved democracy is in decline, or headed toward war” but the U.S. “has entered very dangerous territory.”
Some Republican officials have stoked divisions, openly calling for civil war and parroting language used for years by far-right extremists and white supremacists.
So didn't you just share a post suggesting it?

Reactions: DooBii and NCHawk5
Look, guys, why do you keep bringing him up? You are the problem by giving him attention. He isn’t being literal. He’s just being Trump. He’d never stage another coup
You joke, but look who’s giving him the spotlight. It’s not the MAGAS spreading this nonsense. He’s not electable, the Dems know this. They’re salivating at the thought of him running again. Why fund the “insurrectionist traitor coup Nazi white supremacist” in PA if they’re genuinely concerned?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You joke, but look who’s giving him the spotlight. It’s not the MAGAS spreading this nonsense. He’s not electable, the Dems know this. They’re salivating at the thought of him running again. Why fund the “insurrectionist traitor coup Nazi white supremacist” in PA if they’re genuinely concerned?
Because conservative news never brings him up or mentions him. Cuz you never see MAGA flags and posters displayed anymore. And, not like he's raising funds and having dozens and dozens of other conservatives running for office seek his approval/endorsement. None of those things are happening... just those crazy libs again.

Because conservative news never brings him up or mentions him. Cuz you never see MAGA flags and posters displayed anymore. And, not like he's raising funds and having dozens and dozens of other conservatives running for office seek his approval/endorsement. None of those things are happening... just those crazy libs again.
Listen know it all, I watch con and lib news. Libs bring him up WAY more than the cons. Jesus, I watched CNN this weekend and they must have said MAGA 300 times in 30 minutes.

Sure sign that he is nervous about the various ongoing civil and criminal investigations being conducted by the DOJ as well as GA, and NY. With Trump, its always all about him. Its also not new. He has used civil strife language and signals for call to action before.

For example:

“These prosecutors are vicious, horrible people. They’re racists and they’re very sick, they’re mentally sick,” They’re going after me without any protection of my rights from the Supreme Court or most other courts. In reality, they’re not after me, they’re after you. If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protest we have ever had in Washington, D.C, in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere,”
--Trump at a Texas rally, January 29, 2022

The vitriol he will spew when the J6 Committee lays out the evidence will likely exceed anything he has vomited before.

Listen know it all, I watch con and lib news. Libs bring him up WAY more than the cons. Jesus, I watched CNN this weekend and they must have said MAGA 300 times in 30 minutes.

I do not watch any news and still see Trump’s name all over the place. I had hoped he would fade away after he lost, but he is still making money off of his supporters so he is not going anywhere. You say he is no longer electable, but we cannot underestimate him as happened in 2016. I hope he does not run again, but the fact that he is still involved in the GOP is enough to keep him relevant.

I do not watch any news and still see Trump’s name all over the place. I had hoped he would fade away after he lost, but he is still making money off of his supporters so he is not going anywhere. You say he is no longer electable, but we cannot underestimate him as happened in 2016. I hope he does not run again, but the fact that he is still involved in the GOP is enough to keep him relevant.
Look at his recent rallies. The crowds are going down. You can’t win an election on white trash alone.

Look at his recent rallies. The crowds are going down. You can’t win an election on white trash alone.

I am glad to see his crowds are going down and really hope you are correct, but it does concern me to still see the hold he has over some people and the reluctance of some of the leaders of the GOP to severe ties with him.

......but you can win the Republican nomination on white trash alone. Trump is the undisputed leader of the Republican party and the presumptive 2024 GOP nominee. He remains a continuing present threat to the United States. As such, no amount of critical exposure is excessive.

I am glad to see his crowds are going down and really hope you are correct, but it does concern me to still see the hold he has over some people and the reluctance of some of the leaders of the GOP to severe ties with him.
Why? It’s just a game to get votes. Why do you think the Dems don’t bad mouth the corrupt BLM organization or speak out about violent protests in 2020? Both sides don’t care as long as they retain money and power in DC.

......but you can win the Republican nomination on white trash alone. Trump is the undisputed leader of the Republican party and the presumptive 2024 GOP nominee. He remains a continuing present threat to the United States. As such, no amount of critical exposure is excessive.
You can’t win the general. Maybe he wins against Biden. That’s about it. Biden is the Dems answer, what a weak ass leader and joke he’s been so far.

Why? It’s just a game to get votes. Why do you think the Dems don’t bad mouth the corrupt BLM organization or speak out about violent protests in 2020? Both sides don’t care as long as they retain money and power in DC.

I agree for the most part. I am not a fan of our two party system and most politicians as it stands today. I do consider Trump to be worse than most though as he has repeatedly shown to only care about himself and anyone that supports him.

You can’t win the general. Maybe he wins against Biden. That’s about it. Biden is the Dems answer, what a weak ass leader and joke he’s been so far.

Did you think Trump had a chance in 2016? As he has pointed out repeatedly, more than 74 million people voted for him in 2020. It took the highest voter turnout in history to defeat him. If Trump runs and many people don’t vote in 2024, it is possible that Trump wins again. We need better candidates from both sides to ensure this does not happen.

Did you think Trump had a chance in 2016? As he has pointed out repeatedly, more than 74 million people voted for him in 2020. It took the highest voter turnout in history to defeat him. If Trump runs and many people don’t vote in 2024, it is possible that Trump wins again. We need better candidates from both sides to ensure this does not happen.
Again, that was prior to the crybaby bitch fest that took place after the 2020 election. That’s a serious skid mark that makes voting for him damn near impossible for a lot of people- especially independents like me. If it’s sleepy Joe against him in 2024 idk what I’ll do but it can’t be a vote for trump. Maybe I’ll refresh my Spanish skills and head for the border.

Imagine thinking he was a person you'd allow in your life, even as a tangential politician. Love it or leave it... Also... We hate it. MAGA isn't taliban. MAGA is dumb.

You can win when white trash includes the republicans who control the elections in red states and the majority of republicans in Congress.
Oh lord. We have a coup conspiracy believer among us. Welcome my flat earther. Take a drink of the kool aid at the door.

Again, that was prior to the crybaby bitch fest that took place after the 2020 election. That’s a serious skid mark that makes voting for him damn near impossible for a lot of people- especially independents like me. If it’s sleepy Joe against him in 2024 idk what I’ll do but it can’t be a vote for trump. Maybe I’ll refresh my Spanish skills and head for the border.
So you say… but forgive me if I seem reluctant to believe you.

So far, in virtually all matters related to Trump, when push comes to shove, 99.99% of republicans seem to fall in line and support this twatwaffle using whatever outlandish reasoning necessary to let them sleep at night. That makes folks nervous about his ability to weasel his way back into the presidency; especially when you look at what is happening w/r/t election laws in Republican controlled states.

That makes the situation in PA’s governor’s race very interesting. You’ve got an ultra Trumpy GOP nominee in Mastriano. Does he get resoundingly defeated in the general, as he should, or do republicans hold their collective noses and vote for the guy anyway. I don’t think we’ll truly know how much sway Trump continues to hold until after the November general elections.

So you say… but forgive me if I seem reluctant to believe you.

So far, in virtually all matters related to Trump, when push comes to shove, 99.99% of republicans seem to fall in line and support this twatwaffle using whatever outlandish reasoning necessary to let them sleep at night. That makes folks nervous about his ability to weasel his way back into the presidency; especially when you look at what is happening w/r/t election laws in Republican controlled states.

That makes the situation in PA’s governor’s race very interesting. You’ve got an ultra Trumpy GOP nominee in Mastriano. Does he get resoundingly defeated in the general, as he should, or do republicans hold their collective noses and vote for the guy anyway. I don’t think we’ll truly know how much sway Trump continues to hold until after the November general elections.
You can’t win a general election on party lines. We’ve already covered this. Some times I feel like I’m leading a herd of mules to a stream and they just refuse to drink water because they’re afraid trump’s going to jump out at them.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Oh lord. We have a coup conspiracy believer among us. Welcome my flat earther. Take a drink of the kool aid at the door.

FYI, it wasn't a conspiracy, it was an attempt and they're going to try again. You can deny it all you want but your supreme leader is still active. Pull your head out of trumps @ss and you might see what's really going on.

FYI, it wasn't a conspiracy, it was an attempt and they're going to try again. You can deny it all you want but your supreme leader is still active. Pull your head out of trumps @ss and you might see what's really going on.
My leader? lol. The guy I didn’t vote for and have bashed about 5 times ITT? Jesus, always the same tired nonsense. Different poster, same thinking capabilities.

Reactions: Hammer93
ADVERTISEMENT