ADVERTISEMENT

Trump supporters - if Biden wins

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
Its okay to move on from Trump. Most of Trump's supporters are good people. Just like most of Biden's supporters. We tried it out and it didn't work well. The next candidate you support doesn't have to be Trump 2.0.

And please consider the possibility that the left was so against Trump because he was truly a corrupt politician that was not worthy of your support. There is a reason that so many in his admin have left and spoken out against him. The reaction to this isn't to make every Biden issue into Benghazi. Its to find better candidates. Don't reward politicians that would prefer to go on Fox News to air their grievances of the liberal mob. Support candidates that spend their time getting shit done.

Most of my friends in real life are Trump supporters and I know they are good people. I hate Trump and I know most on the right on here don't care about my acceptance or thoughts on their politics. But I care about the country and hate the direction Trump has taken the GOP. Its hard to believe, but I'm not that progressive on a lot of issues. I need the GOP to be a party of decency and popular enough positions that they can balance the extreme of my party.

Anyway, I look forward to this getting ripped apart by the usuals.

Great post.

This might be the best and most real paragraph I have ever read on HROT:

And please consider the possibility that the left was so against Trump because he was truly a corrupt politician that was not worthy of your support. There is a reason that so many in his admin have left and spoken out against him. The reaction to this isn't to make every Biden issue into Benghazi. Its to find better candidates. Don't reward politicians that would prefer to go on Fox News to air their grievances of the liberal mob. Support candidates that spend their time getting shit done.

Its okay to move on from Trump. Most of Trump's supporters are good people. Just like most of Biden's supporters. We tried it out and it didn't work well. The next candidate you support doesn't have to be Trump 2.0.

Most of my friends in real life are Trump supporters and I know they are good people. I hate Trump and I know most on the right on here don't care about my acceptance or thoughts on their politics. But I care about the country and hate the direction Trump has taken the GOP. Its hard to believe, but I'm not that progressive on a lot of issues. I need the GOP to be a party of decency and popular enough positions that they can balance the extreme of my party.

Solid post.

I'm hoping my Trump loving friends will move on, the only thing I can see that will keep that from happening is if Trump is prosecuted after leaving office. He will make a lot of noise and rally his supporters if that happens and it will keep the wound and division in our country open all the longer.

If the GOP is smart, they won't try to put up someone in 2024 that propped up and enabled Trump these past 4 years. He poisoned the party and I don't think the country will so easily forgive or forget that.

Won't get ripped by me. I'd prefer Trump won, but that's just my politics. I'm assuming he won't, and that's just fine because I don't care for Trump the man. I don't worry about Biden, as I think he's an honest man and what you see is what you're going to get. Rather, I am more concerned about Harris because I'll be surprised if Biden makes it four years, and Harris is a California liberal.
I'm hoping for Haley in 2024 but it won't be Trump regardless. I keep thinking we made it through Trump, Obama and even our home-grown GWB. Most of the rest before that were pretty good presidents in my opinion. It's been an exciting several months now, but I'm ready for some calm. Peace.

OP, you're a better man than I am. I despise people that still support Turd.

Good for you!

I distinguish between his enablers and his supporters. People in power that have emboldened Trump deserve ridicule and contempt. As do the truly deplorable portion of his base. The actual racists and such. But they deserve contempt regardless of what candidate they support.

Reactions: sob5 and torbee
Won't get ripped by me. I'd prefer Trump won, but that's just my politics. I'm assuming he won't, and that's just fine because I don't care for Trump the man. I don't worry about Biden, as I think he's an honest man and what you see is what you're going to get. Rather, I am more concerned about Harris because I'll be surprised if Biden makes it four years, and Harris is a California liberal.
I'm hoping for Haley in 2024 but it won't be Trump regardless. I keep thinking we made it through Trump, Obama and even our home-grown GWB. Most of the rest before that were pretty good presidents in my opinion. It's been an exciting several months now, but I'm ready for some calm. Peace.

I'm also ready for some calm. I want to go back to not reading about what the president said or did for days at a time. I want my twitter feed to go back to mostly being about sports.

Biden is a good man. Nobody has argued otherwise for years until Trump had to come up with some more attack lines. I want the president to be a good man. Its not the only attribute needed, but its one that should disqualify you by itself if you don't have it.

Nice sentiments, but deplorables don’t change their spots, to use a mixed metaphor.

Reactions: sob5 and Huey Grey
Nice sentiment. How it ultimately ends up going will depend on the message/narrative from right wing media and the message/narrative from Trump himself.

Really hope there's a reset to more decency and reality based understanding.

Trump won’t win and it’s something that will have very little impact on my life or most American lives. When we realize how little impact the President actually has on our day to day lives the better off we will be. Presidential politics turns into Team Red v Team Blue which creates this division. And while you @BABiscuit are very cordial in your post, many from the lefty sphere of politics (see @torbee and @3 and Out on D in this thread alone)believe Republicans are evil and must be silenced. I mean liberals have been talking about starting Truth Commissions(Chris Hayes/Robert Reich). @Joes Place believes Trump supporters should be sent to internment camps for not wearing masks. I like your sentiment but believe most on your side do not feel the same.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Trump won’t win and it’s something that will have very little impact on my life or most American lives. When we realize how little impact the President actually has on our day to day lives the better off we will be. Presidential politics turns into Team Red v Team Blue which creates this division. And while you @BABiscuit are very cordial in your post, many from the lefty sphere of politics (see @torbee and @3 and Out on D in this thread alone)believe Republicans are evil and must be silenced. I mean liberals have been talking about starting Truth Commissions(Chris Hayes/Robert Reich). @Joes Place believes Trump supporters should be sent to internment camps for not wearing masks. I like your sentiment but believe most on your side do not feel the same.
I don’t believe Republicans are evil and I WISH they wouldn’t be silent.

They’ve been silent as their once respectable party was hijacked by a con man who inflicted great harm on this country and her institutions.

I pray Republicans end their silence, reclaim their party and restore some semblance of dignity to the political system in this country.

Trump supporters need to be rounded up, assets sold and sent to re-education camps in Wyoming, the Dakotas, Idaho and highland wasteland areas of the US, until the desired results are attained and these folks can be assimilated back into proper American society.
That would be my modest proposal. And of course, assimilate them back into American society at a higher tax rate. :D

I have nothing against Republicans at all as some of my closest friends are very conservative and great people. I think it’s good that every four years people get an option to choose a president who best meets their ideology and beliefs.

But this election is just different. Biden is not the best candidate in the world but he has compassion for others and his policies are not nearly as liberal as people want to believe. On the other hand, Trump is just an asshole and embarrassment to the presidency. He has no plan for anything and is a huge liability for this country.

I miss having an option of choosing between two great people, like Obama and McCain or Romney. I disagree with some of their policies but in no way shape or form would I be concerned for people or the country if any of them had won.

If he wins? Well within a minute after it’s announced I am going with #Notmypresident #resist

That’s how I’m supposed to do it right?
No. Trump's victory was a joke for which the country has paid for dearly. This year Trump and his politics will be categorically rejected, with Biden and the Dem Congressional platform having an overwhelming mandate. Anyone still with a Trumpanzee attitude toward politics will have no place in this country. The OP is trying to tell you that there is an alternative to just being bitter and obsolete. Maybe you should think about it.

No. Trump's victory was a joke for which the country has paid for dearly. This year Trump and his politics will be categorically rejected, with Biden and the Dem Congressional platform having an overwhelming mandate. Anyone still with a Trumpanzee attitude toward politics will have no place in this country. The OP is trying to tell you that there is an alternative to just being bitter and obsolete. Maybe you should think about it.

5-4 says unconstitutional

What happens if Trump wins?

Not voting for Trump. But no matter who wins, I am not going to get all worked up about it. Likely won’t change my life in any way shape or form. I guess I don’t understand the over the top hatred by people against the “other side” in politics. It’s stupid and childish.

Not voting for Trump. But no matter who wins, I am not going to get all worked up about it. Likely won’t change my life in any way shape or form. I guess I don’t understand the over the top hatred by people against the “other side” in politics. It’s stupid and childish.
Some of us are concerned about more than just ourselves.

Normally I’d agree because ultimately the presidency doesn’t really reach every day Americans.

Trump is different though. He’s brought out the absolute worst of America and throws the very concept of democracy into doubt.

you obviously have not thought about this much. first of all, even in a win you are obsessed with trump. and trump supporters. it's like saying, "suppose iowa wins what about michigan and michigan fans".

Normally I’d agree because ultimately the presidency doesn’t really reach every day Americans.

Trump is different though. He’s brought out the absolute worst of America and throws the very concept of democracy into doubt.
thank god. we don't have a democracy, we have a republic.

Trump supporters need to be rounded up, assets sold and sent to re-education camps in Wyoming, the Dakotas, Idaho and highland wasteland areas of the US, until the desired results are attained and these folks can be assimilated back into proper American society.
That would be my modest proposal. And of course, assimilate them back into American society at a higher tax rate. :D
Sounds like someone who suckled at the government teat his whole life...

Reactions: biggreydogs
This is complete bulls***. Your party lost to a reality tv star. You never got over it. You say these things to make yourself feel better. End of story.
I don't have a party, Sparky. Voted for more Republican Presidential candidates than Democrats.

The selfishness is all you and yours.

I don’t know, I have family that would normally vote for Democrats that are voting for Trump now because they are closet racists. This entire experiment has brought that to light. I don’t really know if I want them in my life.

If whomever I vote for loses it won’t bother me much. Won’t have much impact on me and my family, as KF says, the ebbs and flows will occur anyways.

I just don’t get the hatred for each side by the other side. That’s what the elitist and politicians want, to get re-elected. In the end we all need to come together and force both sides to produce better candidates and do what’s good for us.

Reactions: hawkland14
OP, you're a better man than I am. I despise people that still support Turd.

Good for you!
Well please mention that if you meet people IRL that are. I’m sure that’ll get you a lot of solid love.

Trump supporters:
Police
Bankers
First responders
Business owners
Doctors
Lawyers
Mechanics
Construction workers

Lets see how well you get along in life hating all these types of people.

Next time you go to the ER be sure to ask for a doctor that voted for Biden not one that voted Trump. Surely you wouldnt trust someone you hate with your health. Let’s hope they have more than one on staff.

Next time you need a cop be sure to ask for one to come that voted for Biden. Surely you wouldn’t want one to respond to your needs that you hate. Let’s hope they have a Biden voter close. Might be a bit of a challenge. I’d suggest getting a conceal carry permit you and your family may be at risk.

Fact is you’re a poseur. You wouldn’t actually put your money where your mouth is. All hat no cattle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT