ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to depart Washington the morning of Jan. 20 — before Biden is sworn in as president

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
President Trump plans to leave Washington on Wednesday morning before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in, according to a senior administration official. Trump had previously announced he would not attend his successor’s inauguration at the U.S. Capitol, breaking with decades of tradition.

Biden is seeking Friday to keep a focus on combating the coronavirus with a planned speech in Wilmington, Del., on vaccine distribution a day after he called the rollout by Trump’s administration a “dismal failure.”

It’s a tradition that the outgoing president leaves the incoming president a note. What do you suppose that note is going to say?
It's been well documented that Trump had all of his books ghost written for him, and there is audio of his sister, Marianne, admitting that she did his homework for him in high school and in college. This isn't snarky, but what do you think he could write? I have numerous friends who are professional educators, and the most charitable of them says that Trump reads and writes at a sixth grade level. Most say 3rd to 4th grade level.
He'll have someone print out some copies of pictures of him on the cover of Time, sign them, and then shuffle off to Florida.

Reactions: cigaretteman
President Trump plans to leave Washington on Wednesday morning before President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in, according to a senior administration official. Trump had previously announced he would not attend his successor’s inauguration at the U.S. Capitol, breaking with decades of tradition.

Biden is seeking Friday to keep a focus on combating the coronavirus with a planned speech in Wilmington, Del., on vaccine distribution a day after he called the rollout by Trump’s administration a “dismal failure.”
He checked out months ago.
Rumor has it that he wants some kind of big send off from the military.

Can the 3 new Iowa reps explain why they think he is deserving to stay president when he has abandoned it?
Because they are shit scared their base, a large part of it in the Hawkeye state, will show up to their offices and do naughty things. It's like owning a pitbull. You know one fine day that thing is going to let loose. They've created the monster and now they have to keep it chained up.

I honestly thought he would not return from Florida after Christmas. I always knew he would go on a several-weeks temper tantrum after the election, claiming fraud and filing lawsuits. I knew he would pressure state legislators to overturn their vote and appoint their electors themselves.

But while I had what I thought was the lowest possible opinion of him, I always assumed after the electoral college voted he would be done. I assumed he would completely check out, move down to Florida, and never come back; just sulking through inauguration.

It's amazing that he managed to go even lower - much lower - than I expected. He went lower than it even occurred to me that a person could go! And over half the GOP is still with him. Enthusiastically with him. The party needs to be destroyed; or at least the Trump movement needs to be stomped down from within, until they leave.

It's been well documented that Trump had all of his books ghost written for him, and there is audio of his sister, Marianne, admitting that she did his homework for him in high school and in college. This isn't snarky, but what do you think he could write? I have numerous friends who are professional educators, and the most charitable of them says that Trump reads and writes at a sixth grade level. Most say 3rd to 4th grade level.
He'll have someone print out some copies of pictures of him on the cover of Time, sign them, and then shuffle off to Florida.

I don’t think he will leave a note. He’s certainly not a gracious person. I do think that, post presidency, he’s going to push the lie that he always supported a peaceful transition of power.

It’s a tradition that the outgoing president leaves the incoming president a note. What do you suppose that note is going to say?

K4kIdO0.jpg

I honestly thought he would not return from Florida after Christmas. I always knew he would go on a several-weeks temper tantrum after the election, claiming fraud and filing lawsuits. I knew he would pressure state legislators to overturn their vote and appoint their electors themselves.

But while I had what I thought was the lowest possible opinion of him, I always assumed after the electoral college voted he would be done. I assumed he would completely check out, move down to Florida, and never come back; just sulking through inauguration.

It's amazing that he managed to go even lower - much lower - than I expected. He went lower than it even occurred to me that a person could go! And over half the GOP is still with him. Enthusiastically with him. The party needs to be destroyed; or at least the Trump movement needs to be stomped down from within, until they leave.

These past four years I have been amazed that every time I think Trump could not go any lower, he managed to do so. And he still shocked me last Wednesday.

He checked out months ago.
Rumor has it that he wants some kind of big send off from the military.
I JUST saw a tweet about this.

Red carpet, honor guard & 21 gun salute are tentatively planned. Seriously.

Dunno why his office is saying tentatively, unless he is bringing along a circus parade as well.

Not just decades ... centuries of tradition.

Dunno why his office is saying tentatively, unless he is bringing along a circus parade as well.
He is sooo sick. Actually sort of sad.

F*ck that.

It would be more appropriate to impeach him one more time.

It would be pretty cool if he was in the air at noon when Biden is sworn in. Trump would have to be informed that the plane he's on is no longer Air Force One. I can imagine some would relish the opportunity to deliver that message.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT