ADVERTISEMENT

"Trump was right"... is there seriously no thread on the FBI texts?

The Trump was right was a text complaining that they were scrambling to put together the evidence about Russia hacking. Not that Trump was right on anything related to spying on his campaign. If you recall, Trump was still refusing to acknowledge that Russia was involved with the hacking.

I really didn't see anything in the texts that was a smoking gun of wrongdoing.

Best part of the texts was the random text asking if somebody likes Justin Bieber and the Federalist doesn't even mention it.

The Trump was right was a text complaining that they were scrambling to put together the evidence about Russia hacking. Not that Trump was right on anything related to spying on his campaign. If you recall, Trump was still refusing to acknowledge that Russia was involved with the hacking.

I really didn't see anything in the texts that was a smoking gun of wrongdoing.

Best part of the texts was the random text asking if somebody likes Justin Bieber and the Federalist doesn't even mention it.

That was Pence

Please tell me I just missed it and this is a Pepsi...

So many of you take another one on the chin. Clowns everywhere.

Just crazy how Horowitz didn't find anything wrong here....

ALMOST like Bill Barr wants to selectively leak information out of context to feed you a fake story.... 😂

Apparently that in early Jan 2017 the FBI did not have a case on Russian hacking and were scrambling to create one.

I don't know if saying they needed to create a case is accurate, but that clearly isn't what the federalist is trying to lead readers to believe. They want you to believe that an FBI agent said Trump was right regarding the investigation against him.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I don't know if saying they needed to create a case is accurate, but that clearly isn't what the federalist is trying to lead readers to believe. They want you to believe that an FBI agent said Trump was right regarding the investigation against him.
The agent appears to be referring to Trump's assertion that they were delaying briefing him because they were still trying to build the case. It was not a broad endorsement of every assertion Trump made regarding the investigation against him...although, at this point, it sure looks like Trump was right about most of that too.

The agent appears to be referring to Trump's assertion that they were delaying briefing him because they were still trying to build the case. It was not a broad endorsement of every assertion Trump made regarding the investigation against him...although, at this point, it sure looks like Trump was right about most of that too.
The only thing Trump has been right about is that he loves the uneducated.

Didnt read it, did you... no mention of the documents referenced and linked in the article of eveidence filed by Flynn's lawyer.

The biggest story in 50 years... and anyone has the balls to ask Trump if he'll have a peaceful transition...
Coloradonoles moments after posting

giphy.gif

misspelled "investigate" here.
If it was a valid investigation why did the investigators feel the need for liability insurance?

Just read it. First, this is a filing by Flynn’s lawyers. I could easily sue someone and write anything I want to accuse them of.

Second, even if this is not all out of context, etc... I don’t get why this is even a little story, let alone the biggest story in 50 years. What am I missing? I’m assuming you can find similar info on thousands of FBI cases and tens of thousands of state/local DA cases.

If it was a valid investigation why did the investigators feel the need for liability insurance?

Did they, though? I see the text, but was it literal?

It might be, but that’s a lot to extrapolate from 1 text. Lord knows what ppl could extrapolate from random lines of text I’ve sent.

Hahaha! Exactly. OP and his ilk only speak to their fellow idiots with this constants hyper-ventilating, Pearl clutching, chain of nothing burgers.
Welcome to the world of reacting to 2+ years of "russiagate"...except in this case we are actually talking about events/evidence that hasn't just been almost entirely fabricated or made up.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

But the Trump tweet wasn't about an investigation on him. Trump was still doubting the Russians did anything at all related to the election. Is there really anything significant about the guy's text or is The Federalist trying to make it sound like the FBI guy said Trump was right about the investigation into him?

Just read it. First, this is a filing by Flynn’s lawyers. I could easily sue someone and write anything I want to accuse them of.

Second, even if this is not all out of context, etc... I don’t get why this is even a little story, let alone the biggest story in 50 years. What am I missing? I’m assuming you can find similar info on thousands of FBI cases and tens of thousands of state/local DA cases.
Did you see the polls that came out last night? Trump is struggling. Bigly.

Reactions: cigaretteman
But the Trump tweet wasn't about an investigation on him. Trump was still doubting the Russians did anything at all related to the election. Is there really anything significant about the guy's text or is The Federalist trying to make it sound like the FBI guy said Trump was right about the investigation into him?
It is significant because it was being leaked at the time that there was "bombshell" after "bombshell" that Trump had colluded with Russia and/or been compromised by them. This and the litany of other texts in the briefing show that they had basically zero evidence of this ever, that many were on a partisan vendetta against him, and were using dubious tactics (such as these NSLs) to generate "evidence" or at least the appearance of evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT