ADVERTISEMENT

Trump will fire Mueller

Huey Grey

HR King
Jan 15, 2013
I think it's just a matter of time. Trump clearly dislikes Mueller, is presently trying to discredit him, and is warning him to not investigate large portions of Trump's life. If Don has the power, I think he will use it.

Huey, what happens if he fires him? Does the investigation stop completely?

I think it's just a matter of time. Trump clearly dislikes Mueller, is presently trying to discredit him, and is warning him to not investigate large portions of Trump's life. If Don has the power, I think he will use it.

If he does, the political fallout will be worse than when he fired comey. I have no idea what it would be like.

Sometimes when you're draining the swamp, a little more swamp creeps in.

It would be nice to know the stated objective. That would not divulge anything adverse

If he does, the political fallout will be worse than when he fired comey. I have no idea what it would be like.
It will be worse, but might not be devastating. Seems like Trump's rating dropped just a few points after firing Comey. I imagine it would be close to the same with Mueller. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Trump only go to 35% after.

I really doubt it. I know Trump wants to fire him but his staff is going to do everything in their power to stop it.

It will look really bad and convince many including Republicans in congress that he does have something to hide. The heat will go up on him.

Huey, what happens if he fires him? Does the investigation stop completely?
Maybe not completely, but Trump could order Wray to severely lack its scope. If Wray hadn't withdrawn at this point, it seems like a pretty big sign that he knows what's in store for him and is willing to play ball.

Trump should just fire everyone on his staff. Clearly, no one can any job like he can.

Reactions: naturalmwa
He'll have no choice but to and he should . This is an attempted coup to assassinate him politically, with no limits and end to the investigation....cut this snake off at the head Donald and do us all a favor.

I really doubt it. I know Trump wants to fire him but his staff is going to do everything in their power to stop it.

It will look really bad and convince many including Republicans in congress that he does have something to hide. The heat will go up on him.
I hope your right. However, Trump's numbers are already in the gutter and it seems unlikely that this would finally convince the Republicans to impeach him. The telling thing to me is that Trump is already making threats toward Mueller and distorting his credibility. Both suggestive signs that he's laying the groundwork to fire him.

He'll have no choice but to and he should . This is an attempted coup to assassinate him politically, with no limits and end to the investigation....cut this snake off at the head Donald and do us all a favor.
Exhibit A. Wingnuts like this guy would actually approve of this firing. They would probably support Trump more. They'll circle the wagons around Trump even if he unilaterally ends the investigation altogether.

So what "limits" should there be in the investigation? What if it all ties together?

Again, you're ignorant. Trump has the authority to just like he did with Comey. Read again and try harder.
Let's ask him. Would you support Trump if he fired Mueller and ended all aspects of the Russian investigation?

Again, you're ignorant. Trump has the authority to just like he did with Comey. Read again and try harder.

Man, you are dumb as a bag of hammers. Do you try to misinterpret everything I type, or are you really that stupid? The entire thread was about him having the power to dismiss Mueller, I know he has the authority to. But the fact that you would think this is okay shows how blindly partisan you are.

Exhibit A. Wingnuts like this guy would actually approve of this firing. They would probably support Trump more.
This is war. Wingnuts like you expecting no push back because you've been conditioned that way...well, it must be hard for you.

Let's ask him. Would you support Trump if he fired Mueller and ended all aspects of the Russian investigation?
Are you joking? This whole thing is bogus. Of course I would. The Left doesn't get to remove people from office simply because they don't like the results of an election. It doesn't work that way.

This is war. Wingnuts like you expecting no push back because you've been conditioned that way...well, it must be hard for you.
This seems to be an affirmative that he would still support Trump even after firing Trump. I just don't see Trump's numbers falling all that much. And if his numbers don't fall, the Republicans won't abandon him.

I hope your right. However, Trump's numbers are already in the gutter and it seems unlikely that this would finally convince the Republicans to impeach him. The telling thing to me is that Trump is already making threats toward Mueller and distorting his credibility. Both suggestive signs that he's laying the groundwork to fire him.

At some point the R's in congress are going to worry about Trump sabotaging their future chances if he goes and fires the guy who's suppose to be investigating him. That moves screams that he has something to hide.

Honestly in a way I think it would be better for the Dems and worse for Trump and the Republicans if he did fire Mueller. Listen the Trumpets are going to remain that way and I get it. But there are a lot of people in the middle or who don't really totally support either party. Then there are the Dems who need to be convinced to show up to the polls. Could also convince the R's to stay home as well. Don't want to vote for Dems but they arn't really wanting to go out and endorse this either. This would help the Dems electorial chances if he did that.

Consequently the Republicans are not going to want Trump doing this.

So long as that investigator is in place they can say. . . "We have a guy looking into it and so far he hasn't turned up anything." If the investigator finds something the Republicans can try and defend it like it wasn't a big deal (Unless it's really bad.) But Trump firing the investigator. It's hard for the Republicans in congress to spin that in their favor. At the very least they will have to up their own investigations just to try and show people they arn't dropping the ball on the oversight job.

Are you joking? This whole thing is bogus. Of course I would. The Left doesn't get to remove people from office simply because they don't like the results of an election. It doesn't work that way.
Would your support for Trump increase if he fired Mueller?

No clue. Is his IRS audit still going on? Seems like that took a while.
This is Trump and Americans against the media and Washington establishment and it is war. There will be no end to this attempted coup unless Trump does something about it.

This is Trump and Americans against the media and Washington establishment and it is war. There will be no end to this attempted coup unless Trump does something about it.

Well we will have to agree to disagree then. Nobody was talking about the tough media when Obama was getting skewered on a daily basis. Very similar thing to false unemployment numbers, jobs reports, etc. under Obama. Suddenly under Trump, the numbers are real. Gotcha.

At some point the R's in congress are going to worry about Trump sabotaging their future chances if he goes and fires the guy who's suppose to be investigating him. That moves screams that he has something to hide.

Honestly in a way I think it would be better for the Dems and worse for Trump and the Republicans if he did fire Mueller. Listen the Trumpets are going to remain that way and I get it. But there are a lot of people in the middle or who don't really totally support either party. Then there are the Dems who need to be convinced to show up to the polls. This would help the Dems electorial chances if he did that.

Consequently the Republicans are not going to want Trump doing this.

So long as that investigator is in place they can say. . . "We have a guy looking into it and so far he hasn't turned up anything." If the investigator finds something the Republicans can try and defend it like it wasn't a big deal (Unless it's really bad.) But Trump firing the investigator. It's hard for the Republicans in congress to spin that in their favor. At the very least they will have to up their own investigations just to try and show people they arn't dropping the ball on the oversight job.
I absolutely agree. The Republicans will ultimately decide to protect their chances for reelection. Which is precisely why they have no choice but to keep supporting Trump.

Trump's rabid base probably constitutes 20-25% of the voting population. If Joe lawmaker impeaches Trump, that rabid base will vote against him. And without at least 40% of the Republican base willing to vote for Joe lawmaker, his chances of reelection are basically doomed.

Maybe not completely, but Trump could order Wray to severely lack its scope. If Wray hadn't withdrawn at this point, it seems like a pretty big sign that he knows what's in store for him and is willing to play ball.

Wouldn't ordering Wray to limit the scope be obstruction? With Comey it was made pretty clear to the people the President shouldn't be interfering with an ongoing investigation, especially one that is about him.

I think if he fires Mueller, the GOP will say it was a bad idea, but will continue to sit by and do nothing.

Wouldn't ordering Wray to limit the scope be obstruction? With Comey it was made pretty clear to the people the President shouldn't be interfering with an ongoing investigation, especially one that is about him.

I think if he fires Mueller, the GOP will say it was a bad idea, but will continue to sit by and do nothing.
It probably would be obstruction. But so what? Who will be willing to charge him? The DOJ? Trump owns them. If Sessions does charge him, Trump can simply fire him. Congress? Same problem. Trump owns them. And charging him would almost guarantee that they would lose their next election.

Well we will have to agree to disagree then. Nobody was talking about the tough media when Obama was getting skewered on a daily basis. Very similar thing to false unemployment numbers, jobs reports, etc. under Obama. Suddenly under Trump, the numbers are real. Gotcha.
Obama was skewered by the media?????? Bwahahahahahaha!

Exhibit A. Wingnuts like this guy would actually approve of this firing. They would probably support Trump more. They'll circle the wagons around Trump even if he unilaterally ends the investigation altogether.

Have they found ANYTHING yet? No. Mueller doesn't have carte blanche to investigate ANYTHING wants. He's a hatchet man and needs to go. Enough is enough.

It will be worse, but might not be devastating. Seems like Trump's rating dropped just a few points after firing Comey. I imagine it would be close to the same with Mueller. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Trump only go to 35% after.
The deplorables will never leave him. They have redefined their lives to accommodate Trump. The cult of personality is strong.

Reactions: MitchL
Yeah, and you aren't biased at all right? Trump is getting hammered, but at least it's because he is guilty as fvck and a total buffoon on top of it.
Obama wasn't even VETTED by the media because they're is no media, it's a myrh as is obvious with the treatment of Trump. Thanks for the laugh, I'm sorry you're so far behind.

Have they found ANYTHING yet? No. Mueller doesn't have carte blanche to investigate ANYTHING wants. He's a hatchet man and needs to go. Enough is enough.
Besides a consistent pattern by the people closest to him of lying about their interactions with various Russians? I'm sure it was all above board and that they just "forgot", and if that is the case Trump supporters should have no problem letting the investigation run its course so he is fully exonerated. I know Republicans love them some good old investigations. It's just funny this is the first time I've heard them say there should be a time limit on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT