ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Play with the Squad

Respectfully, how could you have possibly read this and assumed I was implying I was scared?

I was referring to his base and I certainly don't include myself in what I consider his base.

It just blows me away how people draw conclusions, but I'm sure I the same.

I wasn't speaking to you directly and I don't care about Trump's base. They've already proven that Trump could literally take a shit on the constitution during a State of the Union speech while unloading a shotgun on Congress and they will still support him. Also, they are not enough to win an election, even with the advantages Republicans have in the electoral college.

Independents matter, and if they are "scared" of those four congresswomen, then they are lying to themselves when they claim to be independent. They are likely independent in that they will vote for whichever Republican is on the ticket. Or, they might have voted for the libertarian candidate a few times which makes them "independent". Even though libertarians are generally Republicans who have come to terms with not giving a shit about anybody but themselves.

Yep. Its over for the dems. This current kerfluffle will last until the election, hell this will probably preclude the dems from even being able to come up with a nominee.
Trump’s a master strategist. The timing is incredible being 15 months from the election. Perhaps we should rule him POTUS now and save the country some coin by not having the election. I’m sure this will distract the country from fully understanding what a complete bigoted failure he is.

It was a bad thing to say. But I just watched those four wackos hold a press conference that more than offset it.
Wackos? What the hell is wrong with you? When AOC grills people stealing money from American tax payers you really think she is nuts? AOC is actually doing the things and saying the things I HOPED Trump would.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
By being racist? Not sure this strategy works.

It absolutely works. It's his best play. It not only fires up the obvious tards like gonegolfing, Chip and Northern but gets the frightened hillbillies that pretend to be not be backward hicks (the LCs, Herkmeisters, etc. of the world) to secretly love him even more.

It's his strongest play to win in 2020 and will most likely work.

Reactions: joelbc1 and qbxpx7
Exactly how I see it. In fact, I see AOC is the Dem's Trump.

When they nominate her to be their nominee for President and leader of their party, you may have a point. Until then this is just further proof of how Trump's racist nonsense is so effective with getting dumb hicks to rally behind him.

The Dems should hold a press conference and state in unison that our president is an utter idiot and leave it at that.

Sure it does. White nationalism is tasty shit. Mofos be lining up for all they can eat like the FBnBB4Life family at the Golden Corral.

Serious question:

Do you think there are more white nationalists that can’t stand them or more non-white nationalists that can’t stand them?

I’d wager there are 10 times the amount of non-racist/ white nationalists that can’t stand them. The small minority of people who dislike them are white nationalists.

The way they act and the policies they promote are not favored by a majority of Democrats much less Americans.

Serious question:

Do you think there are more white nationalists that can’t stand them or more non-white nationalists that can’t stand them?

I’d wager there are 10 times the amount of non-racist/ white nationalists that can’t stand them. The small minority of people who dislike them are white nationalists.

The way they act and the policies they promote are not favored by a majority of Democrats much less Americans.
You are talking to the hinge-free.

Serious question:

Most people that oppose these four on policy grounds are not white nationalists.

100% of the people that accept or excuse the "go back to your country" response to them are either white nationalists or enthusiastic enablers of white nationalists, and reject not only human decency but the fundamental principles of what this nation and it's Constitution represents.

Not true. And she is not without her good points.

But she is not without her gaffs and manipulations.
Most politicians have a gaffe or two. The thing is, if you really listen to her, she is fighting for good. She's fighting for us which is not what the Republican party is doing any more. Again, she is doing what I hoped Trump would do. She calls people out for their bullshit and I love that. Trump is nothing but bullshit.

She's also young and learning. As a Democrat I don't find the "squad" to be part of the problem. I think Pelosi is part of the problem, however.

Reactions: pjhawk
Most people that oppose these four on policy grounds are not white nationalists.

100% of the people that accept or excuse the "go back to your country" response to them are either white nationalists or enthusiastic enablers of white nationalists, and reject not only human decency but the fundamental principles of what this nation and it's Constitution represents.

I’ll agree with that. You’ve got to be a truly blind Trump supporter to be OK with that tweet. And I still don’t think it’s worse than what he said about the gold star parents during the campaign.

Most politicians have a gaffe or two. The thing is, if you really listen to her, she is fighting for good. She's fighting for us which is not what the Republican party is doing any more. Again, she is doing what I hoped Trump would do. She calls people out for their bullshit and I love that. Trump is nothing but bullshit.

She's also young and learning. As a Democrat I don't find the "squad" to be part of the problem. I think Pelosi is part of the problem, however.
Explain why she voted no on both border funding bills.

You mean for Trump's wall? If it was a Republican bill to further Trump's insanity than she shouldn't vote for it. I am strongly assuming her constituents don't want her to vote for that garbage...which doesn't mean she is for open borders like Fox News say the Democrats want.

It absolutely works. It's his best play. It not only fires up the obvious tards like gonegolfing, Chip and Northern but gets the frightened hillbillies that pretend to be not be backward hicks (the LCs, Herkmeisters, etc. of the world) to secretly love him even more.

Even Joni Ernst is calling Trump a racist. It's a very poor play on his part that will only kill him with independents and reaffirm Democratic opposition to him.

Running on being a racist is a very very very stupid plan, which lets be honest isn't even a plan. It's just Trump stupidly revealing who he really is over twitter. There is no real strategy here.

Serious question:

The “way they act” doesn’t bother me mainly because I’m “off the grid” in that I’m not tuning in to the constant make-me-feel TV dramatics, you know, where they’ll take the worst of whatever whoever does and put that shit on repeat. I commend AOC for leading the politics of the GND, but then I’ve actually read the GND and its ambitions match my ambitions for this uniquely positioned country. And I have watched hearings in which AOC participated and she seems well-prepared and well-versed in what I’ve witnessed.

I pay more attention to the more behind-the-scenes stuff, finding it generally more interesting.

I also make no bones about my perspective on race. I think we’ve come a long way but it’s not an uninterrupted progress. We’re in a time of widespread anxiety—economic, employment/career stability, even climate change-related issues rearing themselves. Always these conditions regenerate racism and similar expressions of scapegoating.

We’re on the heels of an era of pronounced white flight, something I’ve watched happen to my own community. There is a great article in yesterday’s NY Times, actually, that touches on sort of the evolution of this country’s racism. If you think we’re past it (not saying you do), well I beg those that do to consider it’s still a powerful factor in our country’s ongoing story, simply harder to pinpoint, and easier to deflect. We’ve trained ourselves, or been trained by our media—both traditional and algorithmic—to be able to deflect even the most truthful of truths, or to “meh” them because the repetition of a charge renders the charge meaningless (depending on perspective).

Hell, I don’t even hate Trump. I feel bad for him. He’s a lonely, sad man. Anyone needing that much constant affirmation and applause, coupled with needing constant victimhood and enemy complex, is loveless. What I hate is that this great country has the capacity to follow and defend a man like that. But then I think our last thirty years of relatively unbridled greed-driven version of capitalism has emptied a lot of us, has turned a lot of us into haters and scapegoaters, because there is a whole lot of self-hate, emptiness, self-loathing, and a lot of us are just wanting to lash out. We have more stuff, bigger houses and cars and such but we’re not very happy. Consumerism has emptied us.

I know I know amateur psych what do I know.

The thing about AOC is she, as much as anyone, is asking us to consider taking less and giving more. This is an affront, of course, to anybody for whom self-centeredness and greed have become confused with “individualism” and “freedom”. Shit, Graham damn near popped a vein calling this communism! No. We’re entering a time where reconnecting to our community—beyond our block or zip code—is necessary. We’re going to have to rally for and behind each other to manage rapid changes and acute stresses.

So maybe the tv-watchers and twitter-followers are exhausted by AOC. She gives me hope. I am involved in a lot of community work and AOC is representative of something big and exciting no matter how her policy positions strike you—young people are engaged and committed to making their world better in a way I certainly didn’t witness of my age-group peers when I was in my 20s and early 30s, despite that I was personally involved in stuff,

You mean for Trump's wall? If it was a Republican bill to further Trump's insanity than she shouldn't vote for it. I am strongly assuming her constituents don't want her to vote for that garbage...which doesn't mean she is for open borders like Fox News say the Democrats want.

No, I do believe she voted against the aid package that was just passed. I think it's kind of funny you criticize Fox but didn't know she voted against the aid package.

You're making the squad into AOC only though. Do you think some of the things other squad members have said and done are ok and deserve a pass? Also, I suspect that over time we'll find out AOC is just another hypocrite who lectures us about what's good and bad, but doesn't take her own advice. There are plenty of politicians on both sides that have done exactly that. I'm not going to defend Trump's stupid tweet, so please don't go there if you or anybody else feels compelled to respond as such.

Yep. Dems engaged in a circular firing squad and Trump unites them by going full racist.

He dumb...and racist
And then they respond by saying outrageous things. And then he doubles down. You don't really need a scorecard. They all lose.

And then they respond by saying outrageous things. And then he doubles down. You don't really need a scorecard. They all lose.
A smart dude would have just kept his mouth shut and let the Dems splatter each other with shit.

Fortunately for the Dems he’s too stupid and can’t help himself

Serious question: If I say I like soft-serve ice cream, are some of the usual suspects here going to write it down in their ledger as a defense of Trump?
No idea. I’d think you like to play Russian roulette with food poisoning though

No, I do believe she voted against the aid package that was just passed. I think it's kind of funny you criticize Fox but didn't know she voted against the aid package.

Here you go...

Ocasio-Cortez argued that Democrats cannot trust the Trump administration not to divert money for humanitarian aid toward immigration enforcement -- a comment that comes after the President acknowledged that ICE raids would begin after the Fourth of July.
"I don't believe it was a good idea for Dems to blindly trust the Trump admin when so many kids have died in their custody. It's a huge mistake," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Saturday, echoing comments she made to CNN following the June vote on border funding.

I agree with her. Trump and his administration can't be trusted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT