ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps SCOTUS nominee belongs to a Cult

Keep trying

warren-jeffs-20771031-1-402.jpg

Oh I will....

"as a blend of Catholic traditions and Protestant Pentecostalism. Anthropologists, sociologists and theologians "

this makes sense as to why he would choose her: he is scottish rite freemason, protestant freemason

this country was founded by freemasons

A person's religion should not disqualify them from being a federal judge. Now, if a person sincerely believes in the tenets of their religion, that's an entirely different matter. Simply going to church to be seen is okay.

kavanaugh, a jesuit freemason weirdo, and his wife is probably somehow related to a guy who was a dem killer and conspirator and maybe even part of the jfk assasination, got installed. so there is that.

This could be a trouble spot for her. But I think her bigger problem is having only 8 working days to get confirmed. And if she in any fashion says that Roe v Wade isn't settled case law, then she is in serious trouble.

This could be a trouble spot for her. But I think her bigger problem is having only 8 working days to get confirmed. And if she in any fashion says that Roe v Wade isn't settled case law, then she is in serious trouble.

I'm sure Collins will say something along the lines of "I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt".

Reactions: BelemNole
I love the pick. She has a great track record and is very young, so she will be around a long time.

I know...but some ridicule of her cult is in order

So ridicule her group, not every cult ever in a basket. Plus do some research. Other people who study cults have said this isn't a cult. Plus they changed the name handmaids because of the change in meaning of the word. It no longer described what they were so they changed the name. You look extremely foolish in this thread imo.

I'm sure Collins will say something along the lines of "I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt".
It's self ownage is she is dumb enough to fall in this trap:

Q: Is Roe v Wade settled law?

A: No.

Q: It was a 7-2 decision in a conservative majority court. What did that court get wrong?

A: (She better have a brilliant answer.)

If the confirmation vote for her federal pick is any guide, she is very contentious. She got in by 55-43. That's very divided. For comparison, Barbara Lagoa, who was also confirmed under Trump, got an 80-15 vote.

Dems will vote for good judges, even if they are Republican. There has to be something for virtually all Dems opposing her.

A person's religion should not disqualify them from being a federal judge. Now, if a person sincerely believes in the tenets of their religion, that's an entirely different matter. Simply going to church to be seen is okay.
She clearly believes in her religions tenants. The question is will she be able to set that aside and rule on the law and the facts. She has stated several times she can. She has also said if she could not she would recuse herself

She clearly believes in her religions tenants. The question is will she be able to set that aside and rule on the law and the facts. She has stated several times she can. She has also said if she could not she would recuse herself

There is video of her addressing this. I'll try to find a link.

"Vows of obedience, of course, are nothing new in the Catholic Church. Nor are they the exclusive province of conservative Catholics. Jesuits, Franciscans, Dominicans and lay Catholic members of “secular institutes” all take them. Some people might understandably balk at having a member of a religious order or Opus Dei sit on the Supreme Court. But at least in these communities, the vow of obedience that such a person has made would be visible, formal and accountable. That is not the case with new Catholic charismatic communities, whose vows are not public and whose leadership is not accountable under Church law."

Reactions: Torg
If the confirmation vote for her federal pick is any guide, she is very contentious. She got in by 55-43. That's very divided. For comparison, Barbara Lagoa, who was also confirmed under Trump, got an 80-15 vote.

Dems will vote for good judges, even if they are Republican. There has to be something for virtually all Dems opposing her.

I appreciate the response but it didn’t answer the question.

As it stands, I prefer Lagoa.

I have to say that questions about this community are fair since it doesn't seem as though all of the important information on them is public information.

That said I doubt there is anything of major concern to see here. But it is fair that what exactly they are doing and what role they play in her life and work are revealed.

Reactions: Torg
Lagoa appears to be a more strict constructionist, similar to Gorsuch. I'd favor her over Barrett.

I don't think Barrett's religion should be an issue based on how she's answered those questions in her previous confirmation hearing. When it comes to conservative judges, my issue tends to be how they favor "national security" and law enforcement when it comes to the 4th amendment. The 4th Amendment contains enumerated rights to the people, and is not superseded by any subsequent amendment.

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT