ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's proposed $2B Presidential Library in Florida... How many contractors won't be paid?

Slightly off topic. . . has anyone ever been to presidential library? What are those like?

Sometime I want to visit the Ford Presidential library because it's only a couple hours away and I've never been to a presidential library.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
We all saw this coming. Some over the top, overpriced monument to him. This is what he loves.

The sad part is has 74 million potential visitors. So its hard to argue against it

I thought the “W” presidential museum and library in the Dallas area put forth an amazing effort to tell visitors that those 8 years weren’t so bad. Even noble in some regards.

I can’t imagine the effort to make these last 4 years anything but a circus side show. Maybe they’ll dispense Klonopin upon entry?

Let’s change the name of the entire state of Florida to MAGAritaville, send all the deplorables down there and then build a wall. 🙂

“It fits in with Florida’s overall character of being the magnet for all insanity in the universe,” Wilson said. “We are what we are in the great state of Florida, and that is a state of lives restarting and second-chances and reboots and low property taxes and liberal bankruptcy laws and a fairly casual approach to public ethics. Florida, in some freakish, horrible way, is the Trumpiest of states. This is the logical place for them to come.”

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas80 and ping72
Slightly off topic. . . has anyone ever been to presidential library? What are those like?

Sometime I want to visit the Ford Presidential library because it's only a couple hours away and I've never been to a presidential library.
I’ve been to the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch. It’s kind of neat.

3E1CE787-1DD8-B71B-0B8D22AE19B3A310.jpg

Reactions: Fluffles

I've been to Clinton, GW Bush and JFK. They're more of a museum to commemorate the life of the President and the specific events that took place during their Presidency. For example, bulletproof limos, a piece of the WTC, correspondence, gifts from visiting leaders, an itinerary of a typical day, replicas of the West Wing, etc.

Each one has been very interesting. Highly recommend.

Reactions: mstp1992
I've been to Clinton, GW Bush and JFK. They're more of a museum to commemorate the life of the President and the specific events that took place during their Presidency. For example, bulletproof limos, a piece of the WTC, correspondence, gifts from visiting leaders, an itinerary of a typical day, replicas of the West Wing, etc.

Each one has been very interesting. Highly recommend.

So more of a museum than a library. Wonder why they don't just call them presidential museums?

Reactions: goldmom
The Lincoln Library and Museum in Springfield, Illinois is
excellent. The Library is more for history scholars who
enjoy the archives. The Museum is great for both adults
and children. Our family enjoyed the visit.

Reactions: lucas80 and torbee
Our family has also visited the Eisenhower Library and
Museum in Abilene Kansas. This site includes his boyhood
home and the chapel where he and his wife are buried.
The Museum is a well-done display of his life as Military
Commander in WWII and his 8 years as U.S. President.

Our family has also visited the Eisenhower Library and
Museum in Abilene Kansas. This site includes his boyhood
home and the chapel where he and his wife are buried.
The Museum is a well-done display of his life as Military
Commander in WWII and his 8 years as U.S. President.
Have you not been to West Branch, Lute?

And here I thought you were a proud, diehard Iowan. 😉

Florida Law is very strong about paying your vendor. Get work done and don’t pay? The contractor ends up liening and owning your property.
I’m getting the popcorn out now.
You go to court and have a lien placed on the property. It just sits there until it sells. The usual strategy Is to cost the contractor so much in court that it's not worth fighting for the monies owed. Believe me, been there done that.

Reactions: lucas80 and goldmom
Several times we drove up to the Hoover site in West Branch
Unfortunately, it was closed both times. However, our family
has also visited G. Ford Museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan
and the LBJ Museum in Austin, Texas.

Reactions: torbee
You go to court and have a lien placed on the property. It just sits there until it sells. The usual strategy Is to cost the contractor so much in court that it's not worth fighting for the monies owed. Believe me, been there done that.
Yep. When I managed construction projects we had to sign the notice of disclosure protecting the contractors many times.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Wants fun for property owners is to learn that a sub can file a lien on their house when the GC doesn’t pay them.

A library seems like a lot of work for Trump. My guess is he just runs a scam for a few years designed to suck money out of his supporters. If anything goes up it will be all flash, and no substance.
These things are now pretty expensive, and I wonder what corporations and big donors will give Trump money? Corporations are unlikely to donate after how this s*** show ended. The My Pillow guy can’t find everything, and Trump was having increasingly poor relations with his big donors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT