ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's taxes

I answered a simple question. I’m not a Trump supporter but a pragmatist. I’m not really big on the “us vs them” type of politics that seems to be de rigeuer here.
Totally not a Trump supporter. Floating above us all. de rigeuer et al etc etc etc

Totally not a Trump supporter. Floating above us all. de rigeuer et al etc etc etc

We get it. We got it 10 years ago. You’re ardently anti Trump/anti-GOP. Your political leanings have been the main focus of your entire HROT existence.

Right. It won’t. If his accountant is doing things within the law then the problem is the system not the one taking full advantage of it.

I guarantee that plenty of Democrat elite have similar situations.Hollywood, pro athletes etc.
Lol, except that we saw the taxes of the democrats. You have anything other than bullshit hypotheticals?

We get it. We got it 10 years ago. You’re ardently anti Trump/anti-GOP. Your political leanings have been the main focus of your entire HROT existence.
This has gone well past trying to be "pragmatic" Its about getting this fool out of office before he does anymore damage. Any human being with a functioning brain know this. I assume you have a functioning brain.

You don’t have much room to talk given your rants against “liberals”.

Trump is a loser. Losers attract losers>
I don’t claim to be tolerant and non judgmental. While that is one of the key pillars in the Democrat virtue charade.

We all have our prejudices and intolerances after all. Some are just able to see those and guard
against allowing them to affect discourse. Others are not.

I believe the partial returns that Rachel Maddow obtained showed that he paid over $30 mil in taxes. Not sure what happened between then and now.

Why do you spend so much time defending this POS? Leaving aside the fact that he is so clearly a financial grifter, he calls our military suckers and losers. He has blown up our debt, alienated our allies, and is a total protectionist. What is it you like about him? He’s not a Republican.

No kidding! I'm here to shoot my mouth off, like most people who participate in the political threads/arguments around here. I could care less about trying to impress people, which is your game.

Lol, except that we saw the taxes of the democrats. You have anything other than bullshit hypotheticals?
I’m referring not to elected democrats but the elite.

Trump led his whole life I think without much of an inkling he’d someday win the Presidency. As such ran his enterprises to maximize earnings and minimize taxes as we all do.

If one has plans to run for office I’d think they’d spend a few years cleaning up their taxes to make them appear to pay their fair share and donate to charity. I know I would.

I don’t claim to be tolerant and non judgmental. While that is one of the key pillars in the Democrat virtue charade.

We all have our prejudices and intolerances after all. Some are just able to see those and guard
against allowing them to affect discourse. Others are not.

Well, I’m not a Democrat.

But, if that fits your black-and-white binary thought process, I must be since I don’t agree with supporting a lifetime loser.

Wouldn’t you support fixing said system?
Yes I would. I’m for a national sales tax/flat tax.

No deductions. But that requires elected politicians to agree to give up the main way they affect policy on a national level. Not gonna happen sadly :(

Trump led his whole life I think without much of an inkling he’d someday win the Presidency. As such ran his enterprises to maximize earnings and minimize taxes as we all do.

If one has plans to run for office I’d think they’d spend a few years cleaning up their taxes to make them appear to pay their fair share and donate to charity. I know I would.
He talked of running for President when he was married to Ivana. He had plenty of time to clean things up. He just never thought he would actually win in 2016.

I considered banging Kate Upton. Pretty much the same as actually doing it.
I think the ultimate decision I made worked out fine. Fact of the matter is I had a lot of options maybe you didn’t have.

When I made my choice there weren’t many jobs for attorneys. I new one then that has just graduated Iowa law school and was waiting tables. I made the decision then that many should make now. If your job prospects are really poor, deciding to take on 100k in debt probably doesn’t make much sense on a business level. No matter how interested you are in something.

Not really relevant to the discussion IMO.

And I don’t claim to be an expert on what kind of legal protections sources have.

Your tax information is protected much like your health records are. Somebody clearly broke the law.

HROT is going crazy right now because of this and it’s quite funny. There’s nothing there. No tax laws broken, nothing. And people are outraged a billionaire keeps getting loaned millions. Like you all know what you’re talking about.

So you have no examples

Reactions: noleclone2

Your tax information is protected much like your health records are. Somebody clearly broke the law.

HROT is going crazy right now because of this and it’s quite funny. There’s nothing there. No tax laws broken, nothing. And people are outraged a billionaire keeps getting loaned millions. Like you all know what you’re talking about.
Did you read the report? He broke his own tax law he signed in 2017.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
Darn and I had such hopes.....though I did consider a career in law for a short time. Even took my LSATs.

this is an interesting post.

He has threatened to run for president since 2000 (he also had a brief suggestion in 1988). How old are you that you wouldn’t be aware of this

Reactions: haw-key
Well, I’m not a Democrat.

But, if that fits your black-and-white binary thought process, I must be since I don’t agree with supporting a lifetime loser.
I didn’t say you were.

I don’t have a binary thought process. I have my thoughts and opinions and mostly call the balls and strikes fairly. Even in this thread if you’re paying attention.

this is an interesting post.

He has threatened to run for president since 2000 (he also had a brief suggestion in 1988). How old are you that you wouldn’t be aware of this
True but I dont think he ever really planned on doing it in those early years and they were mostly a method of self promotion.

I really do think that as he aged he changed positions on that and partly did it to help his country. That is not to say that there isn’t still some component of self promotion.

• Wow
Reactions: naturalmwa
Ya know. And don't get me started on the Democrats. Timid, always negotiating against themselves. Septuagenarian and older leadership in the Congress seem to think it's permanently 1995 and stuck in a defensive crouch.

Faced with the most corrupt and out-of-control and incompetent POTUS in the history of the country they've pretty much blown off oversight, haven't asserted or defended the prerogatives of their branch of government and would rather focus on "kitchen table" issues than deal with and at least try to slow down the guy burning down the country. If Trump wins, their failure to concentrate on him and his corruption and incompetence will receive a big part of the blame.

But they are our only hope, God help us.

ADVERTISEMENT