ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's taxes

“They say I have the most loyal people — did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” he said. “It’s like incredible.” - DJT

Not sure what that quote has anything to do with things? Sorry you don't like what he said. He clearly said that in jest based upon things that happened during the 2016 campaign, but you failed to account for it and quote him at face value.

So you're saying Trump is the one who filled out his own tax returns and not the accountants he hired to do this for him? Or are you saying Trump MADE the tax professionals change the returns for him in an effort to swindle the US government of taxes? I mean it's a real stretch to say Trump made his own tax people commit crimes on his behalf. My assumption would be that there is A LOT more information surrounding the loss than what the Times wrote and the experts Trump hired had good reasoning behind what they did. That's not how many on this board see things. It's simply to go to the worse case scenario because they hate Trump.
You're right. Criminal activity, defrauding people, thinking the rules don't apply to you..... none of that sounds like trump, AT ALL.

So you're saying Trump is the one who filled out his own tax returns and not the accountants he hired to do this for him? Or are you saying Trump MADE the tax professionals change the returns for him in an effort to swindle the US government of taxes? I mean it's a real stretch to say Trump made his own tax people commit crimes on his behalf. My assumption would be that there is A LOT more information surrounding the loss than what the Times wrote and the experts Trump hired had good reasoning behind what they did. That's not how many on this board see things. It's simply to go to the worse case scenario because they hate Trump.
This is such a lazy and lame excuse. He is responsible and accountable for what gets reported to the IRS just like you or I are whether we did our own taxes or not.

Not sure what that quote has anything to do with things? Sorry you don't like what he said. He clearly said that in jest based upon things that happened during the 2016 campaign, but you failed to account for it and quote him at face value.
He may have said it in jest but there are so many examples like yours that point to it being true.

Onlythebestpeople.jpg

Reactions: Torg
It will come out that he's been laundering millions for his Russian friends by running it through his golf courses.
Unfortuntely, there are so many quasi-legal money-laundering schemes. Widespread in the real estate world. Trump is probably pretty savvy about those schemes.

The question will probably come down to whether anyone on Team Trump slipped up, and whether Trump's fingerprints can be found.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and Torg
My assumption would be that there is A LOT more information surrounding the loss than what the Times wrote and the experts Trump hired had good reasoning behind what they did. That's not how many on this board see things. It's simply to go to the worse case scenario because they hate Trump.

Geeze, if only there was a simple straightforward way to confirm this assumption of yours.....

Yes, you are the idiot, glad you've realized this. Master's with double major and minor with CPA so no but nice try sped.

Please let me know where not to send my kids for their education.
How did you conclude I have a lot of disdain for the Clintons by saying Trump has had more scrutiny than them during his four years? You really gleaned THAT much information from that one sentence? I actually don't think Clinton was that bad of a president. He really seems to be the last president that worked across party lines.

As far as justifying, Trump says plenty of stupid shit. I've never been one to say he hasn't. He's done some stupid shit too. He's also been the target of some extremely bullshit issues that go WAY too much play in the media and turned out to be nothing burgers. It's not like Biden is this guy that's far and away better than Trump. Biden is not even competent. So with a choice between the two, yeah I pick Trump easily based upon what I hold true to my values which may not fit with yours or many of the libs on here.

I get tired of the endless bombshells and stupid shit that most on this board post about. Most don't read anything outside of what the MSM says and if you point to something contrary, it's conspiracy or right wing BS. You have to actually read both sides because the truth is almost always in the middle. Like this stupid tax crap. Most of this is a bunch of BS whining. Biden has done the same thing with tax avoidance. Reps and libs alike are all about tax avoidance. Why shouldn't we be? Libs are all calling tax evasion without much to go on. They've made Trump guilty of it because they hate him, not because their is proof of it. Much of the Times article would be things the IRS would already know about Trump. It's really not very difficult to understand the forms. Now the Times got a hold of other information OUTSIDE of his tax returns that could be troubling, but people take it for face value only and convict him. Impulsive reactions is what this society is and it's BS. Can't wait until facts come out. We are all instant gratification/results nowadays.

Tired of the bombshells? It is really easy to delete your account.

Reactions: sob5 and 7 Dunks
Most of you should be deleting your accounts. You’re not taken seriously in real life, so you’re overly vociferous online. This board is a goldmine for the study of human psychology and how people react to reasoning distortions.

PrestigiousShoddyHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Up to 18 pages ... TLDR. Anyone want to summarize for me how those 18 pages went? I can kinda guess.

Reactions: TennNole17
Please let me know where not to send my kids for their education.

Tired of the bombshells? It is really easy to delete your account.
Your kids will have a hard time in this world with you as a parent I see. As it is yours, smarty pants. I can't stop the Trashy Times from doing it pyle.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
How did you conclude I have a lot of disdain for the Clintons by saying Trump has had more scrutiny than them during his four years? You really gleaned THAT much information from that one sentence? I actually don't think Clinton was that bad of a president. He really seems to be the last president that worked across party lines.

As far as justifying, Trump says plenty of stupid shit. I've never been one to say he hasn't. He's done some stupid shit too. He's also been the target of some extremely bullshit issues that go WAY too much play in the media and turned out to be nothing burgers. It's not like Biden is this guy that's far and away better than Trump. Biden is not even competent. So with a choice between the two, yeah I pick Trump easily based upon what I hold true to my values which may not fit with yours or many of the libs on here.

I get tired of the endless bombshells and stupid shit that most on this board post about. Most don't read anything outside of what the MSM says and if you point to something contrary, it's conspiracy or right wing BS. You have to actually read both sides because the truth is almost always in the middle. Like this stupid tax crap. Most of this is a bunch of BS whining. Biden has done the same thing with tax avoidance. Reps and libs alike are all about tax avoidance. Why shouldn't we be? Libs are all calling tax evasion without much to go on. They've made Trump guilty of it because they hate him, not because their is proof of it. Much of the Times article would be things the IRS would already know about Trump. It's really not very difficult to understand the forms. Now the Times got a hold of other information OUTSIDE of his tax returns that could be troubling, but people take it for face value only and convict him. Impulsive reactions is what this society is and it's BS. Can't wait until facts come out. We are all instant gratification/results nowadays.

I apologize if I read too much into your comment on the Clintons and I do agree that it is important to try and read both sides of these stories as there is unfortunately not a source to go to that it completely unbiased. That being said, the MSM is better than a lot of the far right or left propaganda that is posted in the board.

I do disagree on the taxes for Trump though. His supporters are claiming that he is doing the same thing as the rest of us. How many on this board do you think do not pay any taxes? How many on this board are living in a penthouse in New York? How many on this board have criticized Obama and claimed half of America is not paying their share of taxes?

Either Trump is a poor businessman and is losing money hand over fist or he is cheating the system. Neither of these are characteristics of that I want in the President of the United States and does not even address the debt issue that is being bantered about.

You claim Biden has done the same thing. What proof to you have if this? The numbers that have been reported show Biden paying a lot more in Federal taxes than Trump as I believe have most of the people on this board. I do think that it is very telling that Trump has tried to hide these returns for the last four years and has not addressed this story since it came up on Sunday except to call it fake news. He can set all of us straight if he wanted by showing his taxes.

Last edited:
Most of you should be deleting your accounts. You’re not taken seriously in real life, so you’re overly vociferous online. This board is a goldmine for the study of human psychology and how people react to reasoning distortions.

Yet you choose to associate with us. What does that say about you?

Reactions: lucas80

Trump is either a poor businessman and is losing money or he is cheating the system based on the amount of taxes he has paid. There is not much to distort here. He can easily clear this up if he wanted though.

WTF?

You can't even gather yourself to say where you got alleged degrees?

Comrade, how is the weather in Siberia this time of year?
Oh I have to say it for you or I can't gather myself? Are you a sped? That's the only conclusion you've come too? Or maybe I don't want to or feel the need to? Maybe just maybe that would be another answer for your brain? Iowa if you MUST know. Please feel free to not send your kids to the school you support because I went there. No problem from my angle. Just shows how worthless your discussion is. Good job!

Oh I have to say it for you or I can't gather myself? Are you a sped? That's the only conclusion you've come too? Or maybe I don't want to or feel the need to? Maybe just maybe that would be another answer for your brain? Iowa if you MUST know. Please feel free to not send your kids to the school you support because I went there. No problem from my angle. Just shows how worthless your discussion is. Good job!

Another reason I don't donate to my alumni. Too many idiots claim to have received degrees from there. Tavern Hawks.

How many times can libtards jump on a story that turns out to be false before they wisen up? Answer, no one knows but it is a huge number.

How many times can libtards jump on a story that turns out to be false before they wisen up? Answer, no one knows but it is a huge number.

How do you know that this is false? Trump refuses to address it and has been working to keep his Federal taxes from becoming Public knowledge? Trump could easily prove that you are correct though. Will he?

I apologize if I read too much into your comment on the Clintons and I do agree that it is important to try and read both sides of these stories as there is unfortunately not a source to go to that it completely unbiased. That being said, the MSM is better than a lot of the far right or left propaganda that is posted in the board.

I do disagree on the taxes for Trump though. His supporters are claiming that he is doing the same thing as the rest of us. How many on this board do you think do not pay any taxes? How many on this board are living in a penthouse in New York? How many on this board have criticized Obama and claimed half of America is not paying their share of taxes?

Either Trump is a poor businessman and is losing money hand over fist or he is cheating the system. Neither of these are characteristics of that I want in the President of the United States and does not even address the debt issue that is being bantered about.

You claim Biden has done the same thing. What proof to you have if this? The numbers that have been reported show Biden paying a lot more in Federal taxes than Trump as I believe have most of the people on this board. I do think that it is very telling that Trump has tried to hide these returns for the last four years and has not addressed this story since it came up on Sunday except to call it fake news. He can set all of us straight if he wanted by showing his taxes.

You are actually one of the few on here that we can have a nice debate about things and still not see eye to eye. I appreciate that from you. That's more how the board should work but we are all quick to inflame each other (I'm guilty of it too, even in this thread).

Here's the link to Biden's tax avoidance.

Trump's dealings in real estate has a lot of tax loopholes in it especially surrounding depreciation so things that look like he's "losing" a lot of money may not actually be that. I'm sure there are many things he has lost money on, but you can't see the full story from only what the Times reported on. The selectively took the information they had and highlighted it. Trump actually made estimated tax payments the same years his income tax return was $750 to the tune of 5.2M in the same article. That money is still with the government. You make estimated tax payments, in general, because the prior year(s) you paid income taxes.

There is also a huge difference between paying federal income taxes and OWING taxes on your return which is where this is also misleading big time. When you get a paycheck from your work, federal taxes are taken out. You right there are paying taxes to the government each pay period based on your exemptions and wage. When you do your taxes, you then determine if you paid too much or too little to the government. If you paid to little, that's how much you OWE them. This is where the crap gets mixed up and people look at tax returns and say you didn't pay anything. It's misleading. I'm sure Trump gets a paycheck and federal/state taxes are taken out from it. I'm sure he's paying HUGE taxes each pay period. That's why this is such a nothing burger. The loan stuff and other non-tax related information the Times had is concerning, but they are not revealing their documentation (obtained ILLEGALLY and should be the story here). The Times received employee compensation documents. So, not only was Trump's information illegally received, but private citizens (could be you if you worked for him) were received by them. Big problem and libs don't seem to care one bit because it allows them to get their fix of Trump hate.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
If the NYT has Trump's tax returns, why don't they just publish them so that everyone can see the evidence and come to their own conclusions?

If the NYT has Trump's tax returns, why don't they just publish them so that everyone can see the evidence and come to their own conclusions?

Well, the dude uses all his Russian loans to file lawsuits against everyone. Easy answer.

You are actually one of the few on here that we can have a nice debate about things and still not see eye to eye. I appreciate that from you. That's more how the board should work but we are all quick to inflame each other (I'm guilty of it too, even in this thread).

Here's the link to Biden's tax avoidance.

Trump's dealings in real estate has a lot of tax loopholes in it especially surrounding depreciation so things that look like he's "losing" a lot of money may not actually be that. I'm sure there are many things he has lost money on, but you can't see the full story from only what the Times reported on. The selectively took the information they had and highlighted it. Trump actually made estimated tax payments the same years his income tax return was $750 to the tune of 5.2M in the same article. That money is still with the government. You make estimated tax payments, in general, because the prior year(s) you paid income taxes.

There is also a huge difference between paying federal income taxes and OWING taxes on your return which is where this is also misleading big time. When you get a paycheck from your work, federal taxes are taken out. You right there are paying taxes to the government each pay period based on your exemptions and wage. When you do your taxes, you then determine if you paid too much or too little to the government. If you paid to little, that's how much you OWE them. This is where the crap gets mixed up and people look at tax returns and say you didn't pay anything. It's misleading. I'm sure Trump gets a paycheck and federal/state taxes are taken out from it. I'm sure he's paying HUGE taxes each pay period. That's why this is such a nothing burger. The loan stuff and other non-tax related information the Times had is concerning, but they are not revealing their documentation (obtained ILLEGALLY and should be the story here). The Times received employee compensation documents. So, not only was Trump's information illegally received, but private citizens (could be you if you worked for him) were received by them. Big problem and libs don't seem to care one bit because it allows them to get their fix of Trump hate.

I appreciate the reply. I do not like Trump, but do try and gather as much information as I can fe both sides. Unfortunately, I have been paying taxes for more than 30 years and made the assumption that what was being reported were the total taxes paid for the year, not just what was paid above or refunded back from collections made during the year. I do hope that this is the case as I would agree that only reporting the additional taxes to be paid is not a fair assessment.

I also agree that the loan information is probably more important. I am personally not that concerned about who leaked the information as I think it is possible that it is somebody close to Trump as he is not known for hiring the most ethical and loyal people. I have even wondered if Trump has had some of this information leaked to draw away from the discussion around his Supreme Court nominee, but I am probably getting into tinfoil hat stuff now. That is what happens when I spend too much time on this board. We will see what happens tonight.

So after 18 pages, has it been noted that Trump told the NY Times in October 2016 that he hadn't had to pay much income tax in years? Has it been noted that the current NY Times articles verify that Trump has been going through a decade long audit, like he said when he said he wouldn't disclose his returns?

Trump signed the 1040, it's his baby.

Yes, you are the idiot, glad you've realized this. Master's with double major and minor with CPA so no but nice try sped.

I've met and known plenty of people in my lifetime that have multiple degrees but you get them outside of their academic bubble, they are dumber than a box of rocks in the real world. You seem to fit that bill.

So after 18 pages, has it been noted that Trump told the NY Times in October 2016 that he hadn't had to pay much income tax in years? Has it been noted that the current NY Times articles verify that Trump has been going through a decade long audit, like he said when he said he wouldn't disclose his returns?

Fine. The bigger point, at least in my opinion is that he said he was uniquely positioned to fix the tax code. However, Republicans just made it worse, increasing deductions and decreasing the tax burden on the wealthy.

Some of my favorite arguments from Cons for don in 2016:

1. He is obviously a brilliant business mind. You dont get as rich as he is by being stupid.

2. He pays more in taxes every year than most libs will make in their lifetimes.

3. He will run the country and the economy like he runs his businesses.

4. He will surround himself with only the best people.

5. Once he wins the election and takes office, he will take it more seriously and act more presidential.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL... at least they were right about #3!

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas80 and sob5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT