ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson named keynote speaker at conservative Iowa conference

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Deplorable:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is raising eyebrows over his future in politics with the news that he will deliver a keynote speech at this year's Family Leadership Summit in Iowa - a forum that has traditionally been the gathering ground for Republicans with presidential ambitions.

The event, described as a "chance" for conservatives to be "encouraged, inspired, and equipped to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness in America today," had Donald Trump as a speaker in 2015. Speakers last year included former Vice President Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem. All three have been floated as potential 2024 Republican candidates.

This year's summit, which will be held July 15 in Des Moines, so far does not include other major political newsmakers on its roster. Bob Vander Plaats, president of The Family Leader, said more speakers will be announced, according to the Iowa Torch.

Stock up now!

boxes-tomatoes-25036212.jpg

$100 says he does his keynote speech remotely. I doubt he wants to travel to a s-hole state. He might run into a poor, or a real life MAGA person.

$100 says he does his keynote speech remotely. I doubt he wants to travel to a s-hole state. He might run into a poor, or a real life MAGA person.
Do what the indy car private jets do. Park that puppy on the apron and leave the engines running. Watching indy teams leaving Newton is sometimes better than the actual race. The hurry to leave the state is somewhat awe inspiring haha.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I think this is great. This is a great "chance" for conservatives to be "encouraged, inspired, and prepared to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness in America today in the first place. I am sure that Tucker Carlson inspired many people with his speech because nowadays, it is not so easy to be a real speaker and find an approach to people's hearts. That's why many leaders at important events use the services of a speaker for hire because they can present information to the audience convincingly in a clear and accessible form.

@Nole Lou -- if your hypothesis in the previous thread that both the Dems and Repubs were ignoring the middle and trying to be more radical, wouldn't it follow that someone like Rachel Maddow or Joy Behar would be heading up Democratic campaign events and conferences?

Yet no, they just keep bringing in policy wonks and mainstream politicians instead.

@Nole Lou -- if your hypothesis in the previous thread that both the Dems and Repubs were ignoring the middle and trying to be more radical, wouldn't it follow that someone like Rachel Maddow or Joy Behar would be heading up Democratic campaign events and conferences?

Yet no, they just keep bringing in policy wonks and mainstream politicians instead.

That's embarrassing for the Iowa Republican party for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT