ADVERTISEMENT

Turning red after drinking

I’ve known females with this. Seen it more specifically in red wine or some liqueurs like triple sec.

Heavy dose of protein will help. Internally or externally works about the same

Its likely rosacea. Google it. No treatment for it.
It's just a skin condition that gets triggered from random things.

Status update. She had a cider at dinner. Very flushed. Hour later our neighbors invited us over for a drink on their deck. She had a Moscow mule and she’s fine so not vodka.

It has to be something with the sugar in those other drinks.

Aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme deficiency or something like that. More common in Asian people. Their body doesn’t process the alcohol properly and break it down. One of the few things I remember from Toxicology class.

Reactions: JWolf74 and GOHOX69
It means she wants a threesome.

I also suffer from this and Rudolph is correct.

In all seriousness, I do have the same problem. It turned out/developed into rosacea. I have it pretty under control now, but can’t drink wine, certain beers, foods, etc..,, it sucks. You get used to it though. Not saying that is what she is developing, just saying.

Aldehyde dehydrogenase enzyme deficiency or something like that. More common in Asian people. Their body doesn’t process the alcohol properly and break it down. One of the few things I remember from Toxicology class.
This is the right answer.
That enzyme converts ethanol into acetaldehyde. That also contributes to your throbbing hangover the next day.

@JWolf74
You are ethically required to follow up on these questions.

Did you ask a question? Please rephrase it in English. I'm not ethically required to answer anything. But try again. No one believes you have a sister who's a physician. I'm beginning to wonder how your parents kept you from drowning in the shower.

Reactions: GOHOX69
My partner gets this once in a while. Seems to me it happens mostly after drinking margaritas. Can be just 1. Interesting someone above said it gets triggered with triple sec since we use that in margaritas. My partner IS a doctor and hasn't yet figured it out.

For the record, white and sweet wine usually have more sulfite than red, particular dry reds. Dry red wine usually has the lowest. Sulfites in general get a bad rap and I never understand some people insist red wine has the the most. Probably confusing tannins or alcohol. That is the “I get headaches from the sulfites in red wine”. No, you get headaches because you are downing a 14% abv Zin like a 11% Rose.

However since you mentioned ciders, you may want to consider sulfite insensitivity. Ciders need a high level of sulfites because apples oxide quickly. Owning a wine shop, I hear a lot from the faux sulfite insensitivity crowd as well as the legit. People who have legit issues that have been diagnosed have a common theme, they have a long list of foods to avoid not just wine (French fries, raisins, soda, potato chips). The rashes would come from different foods, not just wine. Some have told me they never had an issue with wine, but void it because it is on the no-go list. Others are sneaking a dry red home, preferably a natural wine.

This place is really slipping. 54 posts in an no "OP wife gets really red after I take her to pound town" reply.

Sheesh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT