ADVERTISEMENT

TV for Iowa State @Iowa

RagnarLothbrok

HB Heisman
Apr 4, 2023
I see it listed as CBS/Paramount plus.

Is this some new streaming service I’m not aware of or is the actual game going to be televised by regular CBS?

Yes, I’m not bright, but you already knew that. Thank you for all the wonderfully informative and uplifting responses.

Is this some new streaming service I’m not aware of or is the actual game going to be televised by regular CBS?

Yes, I’m not bright, but you already knew that. Thank you for all the wonderfully informative and uplifting responses.
Paramount Plus existed before but it's not like Peacock. It can be carried on a streaming service outside of directly paying for it I believe. I think I have it with YTTV. Regardless, for me it should be on CBS since I'm local.

Paramount Plus existed before but it's not like Peacock. It can be carried on a streaming service outside of directly paying for it I believe. I think I have it with YTTV. Regardless, for me it should be on CBS since I'm local.
I have YTTV also but I don’t think it’s part of the package,

It is time for big brother to correct little brother . Little brother is getting to Big for there pants. Lol

Reactions: AEG82

If we’re playing a home/home against a real team, the game is on CBS. Instead we insist on playing this shit team in this shit series and relegated to some shit streaming service. ISU football is so damn uninteresting Comedy Central doesn’t even want their games. Do the right thing Beth…CANCEL THIS SHIT SERIES!!!

If we’re playing a home/home against a real team, the game is on CBS. Instead we insist on playing this shit team in this shit series and relegated to some shit streaming service. ISU football is so damn uninteresting Comedy Central doesn’t even want their games. Do the right thing Beth…CANCEL THIS SHIT SERIES!!!
Curtis, I’m just curious: Do you suffer from chronic IBS?

Some of your comments make as much sense as Fran’s apparent recruiting preferences. 😝

FTR, I agree with you about Iowa being obligated to this series. It would be nice to just once do a home and home with an opponent halfway interesting.

Iowa gets nothing out of beating Iowa State. Nothing.

Looks like it's nationwide on CBS to me....but I was never on the chess club like curtis

Looks like it's nationwide on CBS to me....but I was never on the chess club like curtis
I agree but go easy on the chess club. It was fun, until I discovered girls and marijuana in 8th grade. Got to see a hilarious fight across the table, literally although a beat down might be a better description. Kid hit's this other kid at almost point-blank range and then climbs over the table and wails on this terrified little guy until the adults could pull the attacker off the now one-eyed victim. The little guy needed eye surgery we heard. ;)

Oh good, the cancel the series talk again.

I am the first to acknowledge that Iowa has pretty much dominated the series, and certainly has a better program than Iowa State, but....

anyone who doesn't see that ISU has elevated the program to a respectable level is blinded by their Black + Gold glasses.

Unfortunately, I went to ISU in the 80's (83-87) and suffered through some BAD football until McCarney turned things around. Iowa has been consistently good since 1980 or so (we won't talk about how bad they were in the 60's and 70's) Kudos to them for maintaining a quality program for so long.

My point is this: beating ISU is a good win now - losing to ISU is not a bad loss. During the 80's + 90's, that wasn't true. The time to cancel the series was when 57-3 was the norm.

It's a good rivalry - makes for a fun week as long as people (on both sides) aren't dipshits about it. A little good natured ribbing is fine, and fun. Someone asked me today if I was going to the game on Saturday. I said "hell no". Too many idiots on both sides ruin the experience.

Finally, I know Hawk fans won't agree, but this isnt our biggest game. At Utah is a bigger game. At home vs K State is a bigger game. Playing KU at Arrowhead is a bigger game. It's nice to beat Iowa, but conference games are more important. That always wasn't the case, but it speaks to how the ISU program has been elevated. Winning the Big 12 is a possibility now. The stars need to align for that to happen, but it isn't out of the realms of possibility like it used to be.

Anyway, let's hope for a good, competitive game - free of injury on either side.

@IowaTrunkGimp, hey, buddy. How was your weekend? Did you give up on your DelusionalHawkeye version 57.0 and counting?

How’s the food at the state hospital?
I want to rag on the guy, but clearly something is wrong with him other than being a Nebraska fan. it’s like he spends 99% of his personal time on here waiting to laugh react every single post.

It’s a nationally televised game on CBS not just streamed on paramount plus

I am the first to acknowledge that Iowa has pretty much dominated the series, and certainly has a better program than Iowa State, but....

anyone who doesn't see that ISU has elevated the program to a respectable level is blinded by their Black + Gold glasses.

Unfortunately, I went to ISU in the 80's (83-87) and suffered through some BAD football until McCarney turned things around. Iowa has been consistently good since 1980 or so (we won't talk about how bad they were in the 60's and 70's) Kudos to them for maintaining a quality program for so long.

My point is this: beating ISU is a good win now - losing to ISU is not a bad loss. During the 80's + 90's, that wasn't true. The time to cancel the series was when 57-3 was the norm.

It's a good rivalry - makes for a fun week as long as people (on both sides) aren't dipshits about it. A little good natured ribbing is fine, and fun. Someone asked me today if I was going to the game on Saturday. I said "hell no". Too many idiots on both sides ruin the experience.

Finally, I know Hawk fans won't agree, but this isnt our biggest game. At Utah is a bigger game. At home vs K State is a bigger game. Playing KU at Arrowhead is a bigger game. It's nice to beat Iowa, but conference games are more important. That always wasn't the case, but it speaks to how the ISU program has been elevated. Winning the Big 12 is a possibility now. The stars need to align for that to happen, but it isn't out of the realms of possibility like it used to be.

Anyway, let's hope for a good, competitive game - free of injury on either side.
LOL

I didn't like the ISU series when Iowa won 15 straight under Hayden Fry, and I don't like the series any better now. Iowa needs to bring in a variety of teams instead of being stuck playing ISU every year. At best, Beth should offer ISU a game once every four years. Take it or leave it. I'm tired of ISU being Iowa's only major college opponent in the nonconference. I wanna see different teams.

I didn't like the ISU series when Iowa won 15 straight under Hayden Fry, and I don't like the series any better now. Iowa needs to bring in a variety of teams instead of being stuck playing ISU every year. At best, Beth should offer ISU a game once every four years. Take it or leave it. I'm tired of ISU being Iowa's only major college opponent in the nonconference. I wanna see different teams.
What are you talking about? Iowa plays Washington and UCLA this year.

Oh wait.. Never mind.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
I want to rag on the guy, but clearly something is wrong with him other than being a Nebraska fan. it’s like he spends 99% of his personal time on here waiting to laugh react every single post.
No rational fan spends more time on a rival team's message board. I couldn't care less about what goes on at Gopher Hole or the other places - when it comes to Iowa, they're all the same kind of echo chamber anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT