ADVERTISEMENT

TV provider suggestions

I' dumping Hulu (owned by Disney) and want my Hawkeyes. Hulu was about $75 a month.
Sounds like YouTube maybe the way to go, Let us know what you come up with.
I’m dumping everything Disney, they are going down in flames. Just cancelled a cruise also and we are booking on one of the other more deserving organizations.

I think Sling might be in the $55 range once you add the sports channels you need. Sling Blue gets you Big Ten then switch to Sling Orange to get ESPN for nationals

Reactions: Grip220
I' dumping Hulu (owned by Disney) and want my Hawkeyes. Hulu was about $75 a month.

I’m dumping everything Disney, they are going down in flames. Just cancelled a cruise also and we are booking on one of the other more deserving organizations.
Is this some sort of cancel culture poutrage thing I'm not aware of? Like the time a bunch of your boycotted the NFL? That was such a raging success and all. Disney sucked a long time before whatever little event triggered you.

Your political views are no secret. You’re trying to insert them and you know it. It’s not going to go as well over here for you.
Riiiiiiight! This had NOTHING to do with political views...

"I’m dumping everything Disney, they are going down in flames. Just cancelled a cruise also and we are booking on one of the other more deserving organizations."

I've been on this forum long enough to know there is something political implied by these two. What you don't want is to have to defend this latest poutrage on any merit or logic. We get it.

I'm inquiring about the very subject they are referring to/whining about? That's not "OT". Why not an answer?

Your political views are no secret. You’re trying to insert them and you know it. It’s not going to go as well over here for you.
I suggest you just schedule the meeting under the bridge and settle this quickly.

Riiiiiiight! This had NOTHING to do with political views...

"I’m dumping everything Disney, they are going down in flames. Just cancelled a cruise also and we are booking on one of the other more deserving organizations."

I've been on this forum long enough to know there is something political implied by these two. What you don't want is to have to defend this latest poutrage on any merit or logic. We get it.
They can choose to put their money wherever they like. It’s really not your concern, no one wants to hear your disapproval of their logic.

Back to the subject:
Do people like their YouTube subscriptions?
What about Sling? Any others?

They can choose to put their money wherever they like. It’s really not your concern, no one wants to hear your disapproval of their logic.
No one wants to hear their"logic" either. I've disliked Disney for over 40 years, and that has nothing to do with the current dust-up. I just need a good reliable way to watch the Hawks next season.

What's the current "dust up" with Disney?

On topic, I've used Fubo for the last 2 years. It's a little more expensive than Sling, which I used prior to that, but it's second to none for sports availability
That's for the OT board.
Thanks for the Fubo recommendation.

Last edited:
What's the current "dust up" with Disney?

On topic, I've used Fubo for the last 2 years. It's a little more expensive than Sling, which I used prior to that, but it's second to none for sports availability
Curiosity got the best of me so I just looked it up. Disney had the audacity to oppose the orientation gag order in Florida schools, and that made their Daddy DeSantis mad. They want gay people invisible and in the closet basically. (Take note: they didn't have enough of an issue with Disney to cancel them for kowtowing to China, or exploiting sweatshop labor, or not paying for the work of authors/musicians, nor do they realize that Disney also funded the campaigns of the same idiots who voted for this bill. Poutrage du jour.) No wonder they didn't want to talk about it. This is the unintended consequence of their brilliant law, BTW...

FPRmVh8WQAghukr

Reactions: PSUer1989
I love my YouTubeTV. Had it for two years. In addition to Iowa Wrestling, I also set it to automatically record any "NCAA Wrestling" programming. I've gotten to see way more wrestling than I even knew was being covered. A fair amount of ACC and BigXII events that I didn't know about show up. Have loved it and won't go back.

As an aside, I've got no idea what the latest Disney stuff is either. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

I love my YouTubeTV. Had it for two years. In addition to Iowa Wrestling, I also set it to automatically record any "NCAA Wrestling" programming. I've gotten to see way more wrestling than I even knew was being covered. A fair amount of ACC and BigXII events that I didn't know about show up. Have loved it and won't go back.

As an aside, I've got no idea what the latest Disney stuff is either. Maybe I need to pay more attention.
This is the way to go. They've also got ACC Network which has a Friday Night Dual all season.

Reactions: hlstone
Curiosity got the best of me so I just looked it up. Disney had the audacity to oppose the orientation gag order in Florida schools, and that made their Daddy DeSantis mad. They want gay people invisible and in the closet basically. (Take note: they didn't have enough of an issue with Disney to cancel them for kowtowing to China, or exploiting sweatshop labor, or not paying for the work of authors/musicians, nor do they realize that Disney also funded the campaigns of the same idiots who voted for this bill. Poutrage du jour.) No wonder they didn't want to talk about it. This is the unintended consequence of their brilliant law, BTW...

FPRmVh8WQAghukr
go away loser

Back to the subject:
Do people like their YouTube subscriptions?
What about Sling? Any others?

I got rid of Hulu because even though I would pay for commercial free add on, I would still be forced to wait on commercials. Been with YoutubeTV for awhile now. Much better imo. My Dad gets Sling during the basketball season so he can watch Arizona...Sling is the only carrier of Pac-12. He switches to Direct Stream for baseball season.

I got rid of Hulu because even though I would pay for commercial free add on, I would still be forced to wait on commercials. Been with YoutubeTV for awhile now. Much better imo. My Dad gets Sling during the basketball season so he can watch Arizona...Sling is the only carrier of Pac-12. He switches to Direct Stream for baseball season.
Thanks Chief. That sounds like a winner to me.

Reactions: IAChief32
I've been really happy with youtubeTV. During the olympics it had a menu that allowed me to record any olympic session that included wrestling. Some of the recorded stuff wouldn't have been on a channel either it seems. The only channel I missed from DirecTV was the DIY channel.

How is the recording on Hulu? As the triggered cancel culture folk leave they'll be putting out some great deals. Then Disney will remember that they own the world and could buy youtube. Then I'll try sling.

FPRmVh8WQAghukr
This is exactly why I told you to stop. You were just dying to talk about this and your post is full of misinformation. Take it to the OT board it’s not welcome here.

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
This is exactly why I told you to stop. You were just dying to talk about this and your post is full of misinformation. Take it to the OT board it’s not welcome here.
"Misinformation". LOL. Pretty hard to argue with easily verifiable facts, but okay. Feel free to disagree with me on the issue, but don't pretend you're in on better information than I am. I'm done here though. I'll be on OT too if you want that convo.

Reactions: PSUer1989
"Misinformation". LOL. Pretty hard to argue with easily verifiable facts, but okay. Feel free to disagree with me on the issue, but don't pretend you're in on better information than I am. I'm done here though. I'll be on OT too if you want that convo.
Do you feel woke now? Enlightened? I know you were just dying to stick your two cents in and show these guys how progressive you are in your thinking. I bet you feel superior now.

Not woke at all, but I’d lie if I said I didn’t feel superior to homophobes.

Do you constantly scour the HR sites in search of political posts so you can jump in? We have both liberals and conservatives on here but I’d wager that most could give two turds about politics while talking sports on here. Seriously…try Facebook or something.

Tried sling recently but the interface / UI is garbage compared to YoutubeTV. Went back to YTTV and couldn’t be happier. Also my Disney bundle is keeping the family happy. Oh, and we’ll probably make a trip to Disney in the next couple years.

Fubo also has Pac-12 Networks (albeit as part of an add-on package). We had Sling for awhile but we're too remote to pull in the nearest local stations with an antenna. Big drawback of Fubo is no Turner networks (TBS, TNT).

Reactions: sstark46
for the cord cutters, the disney bundle is the best value for your money. So many sports on ESPN+ (and articles online), and if you have kids, then Disney is cherry on top. Most current decent shows are on Hulu. You also got all of the mats of NCAA's, except the finals.

Reactions: redghost1974
What did Disney do to get culturally canceled?

What did Disney do to get culturally canceled?
A quick Google search tells me that it's likely one of the following two things (or both):

1) they oppose Florida's "Don't Say Gay" Bill
2) they have recently said they are striving to make their characters and stories more diverse by including more characters which are LGBTQIA+ or part of an otherwise underrepresented group

Reactions: el dub

FPRmVh8WQAghukr
Mods, please remove this garbage.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Question for youtube tv. If you have it, does the youtube videos on youtube website come without all the advertising then? When I click on now, I usually have 1 or 2 short commercials and sometimes a commercial in the middle.

Thanks for the input guys.

For Menace, it is a moral decision. Kids need to be kids and left alone as opposed to being "groomed". I'm done.

Reactions: el dub
Question for youtubetn. If you have, does the youtube videos on youtube website come without all the advertising then. When I click on now, I usually have 1 or 2 short commercials and sometimes a commercial in the middle.

Thanks for the input guys.

For Menace, it is a moral decision. Kids need to be kids and left alone as opposed to being "groomed". I'm done.
The only ones who think that K-3 teachers are “grooming” kids are complete idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT