ADVERTISEMENT

Twin Cites Reporter, covering a protest rally, gets harassed for wearing a mask

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
This is from Monday's protest/rally outside Shady's Tavern in Albany, MN. The bar owner wanted to open up. These are his supporters, none of which are practicing social distancing.

The MN governor decided that on June 1 bars and restaurants can open with outdoor seating only with a maximum of 50 people. Problem is that a lot of bars/restaurants either don't have a patio or their patio is very small.

Watch:

81% of all deaths in Minnesota are in nursing homes.

There is no reason they cant focus on high risk/nursing homes and open up their state

Reactions: Nipigu
I saw 3 ladies in their 70s chanting...…….

Oh this poor reporter, how will he ever recover

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
But the point is the spitting and such. Everyone has a right to be mad, certainly, but the harassment is unnecessary IMO.
agreed. he's there to cover a story. to listen to their side, what they have to say. it's his right to wear a mask just like it's their right to protest.

these protesters should be glad the media is there to listen & to cover the story.

its unacceptable and incomprehensible that they would demand he remove his mask.

I don’t care what you believe, why can’t a person respect another’s personal desire to protect him or herself? I don’t get it. I don’t wear a mask, but certainly want to respect the safety desires of others. People have gone crazy.
Precisely this.

Reactions: seam
Like the octogenarian told a friend when questioned about his 25 year old lover....”Well, if she dies, she dies.”
Why is it I find nothing unusual about a bunch of good ol’ boyz Crowded into a race track having fun with no masks....bet that wasn’t the only other thing going on unprotected that night.

I'll go out and join these "unprotected" crowds when I see verified videos that Trump is joining them. I missed the video covering his attendance at a church service today!

Reactions: ironside1
Several alleged incidents of rude behavior yet I watched all 3 minutes and 27 seconds and not one video clip was presented. Odd...
I only watched a couple of minutes, but it seemed like they were trying to manufacture some outrage about people not wearing masks while outside. Which probably doesn't do much unless you are very close together for an extended period of time. Meh.

Why are we covering these people? Let them get sick and kill themselves. What interview are you going to get from an individual who barely made it past 7th grade? Let them commit suicide by virus. They, I assume, know the risks.

This is from Monday's protest/rally outside Shady's Tavern in Albany, MN. The bar owner wanted to open up. These are his supporters, none of which are practicing social distancing.

The MN governor decided that on June 1 bars and restaurants can open with outdoor seating only with a maximum of 50 people. Problem is that a lot of bars/restaurants either don't have a patio or their patio is very small.

Watch:

The Stearns County Syndrome rearing its ugly head?

81% of all deaths in Minnesota are in nursing homes.

There is no reason they cant focus on high risk/nursing homes and open up their state

I think you meant to say, “What complete pieces of shit you’d have to be to harass someone for wearIng a medical mask during a pandemic.”

I wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve seen this type of post. Still waiting for the “wildfire” in Georgia and Texas.
I'm tired, mostly because I work on the frontline with seniors. I pray Huey is wrong. I hope we somehow have this figured out. I'm educated and well read and informed. I don't have a freaking clue what the correct path forward is.

This virus is going to spread like wildfire over the next month, and after it becomes clear that we are in serious trouble, it will be too late.
Yes, and there will be no question who on HROT was all for it after listening to them scream and sob about tyranny for the last couple months

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT