ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter ‘will need to be extremely hardcore,’ Musk says, telling staff to sign pledge or leave

No, she's fellating him for 20 straight tweets so she can ask for a job at the end.
This is who I picture her being if Elon were to hire her:
edward snowden story GIF

Last edited:
I think all of that is fantastic, but do you not think that Elon buying Twitter, and everything that's happened since, is taking away from Tesla, and its mission, and especially any kind of positive focus on that mission?

If you have a huge part in these great things like Tesla and SpaceX, then why go and spoil all that goodwill for some dumb social media vanity project where your sole goal is to "prove you can do it better" in a sandbox that really doesn't matter to the overwhelming majority of people who use the site (BRANDS excluded, obviously)?

You think Tesla's stock drops by 1/3 if he sticks to his core competencies and keeps working to make it the best electric car company in the world? Instead he's gotten distracted, let things slip, and now all the other car makers have caught up to Tesla, and even passed it when it comes to electric trucks.
Perfectly said!
I have a Tesla, and have also purchased a 15kW solar array with two PowerWall batteries. I'm all in on Tesla and its mission.

Which is why, like me, you should be furious that Elon has jumped in to this Twitter tar pit. Tesla now has a part-time (at best) CEO, and Musk will be forced to sell more TSLA shared to stop the bleeding.

And it would be bad enough if this was only draining Elon's resources, but now there's word that TSLA and SpaceX engineers and developers are "helping" at Twitter. As a shareholder: WTF? Is Full Self Driving done and launched out of beta? Is the holiday software update ready? How about the Cybertruck and Semi? Are there no planned launches to the ISS anytime soon that need attention?

Elon's Twitter Crusade could take him down, and take two amazing companies along with it.

If you can't handle the richest man in the world taking the slightest amount of criticism then you should really look inward and evaluate some of the choices you've made in your life. This obsession isn't healthy.

It would seem the obession is clearly on the side of those who opposed Elon purchasing Twitter...their freaklout has been astounding.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Perfectly said!
I have a Tesla, and have also purchased a 15kW solar array with two PowerWall batteries. I'm all in on Tesla and its mission.

Which is why, like me, you should be furious that Elon has jumped in to this Twitter tar pit. Tesla now has a part-time (at best) CEO, and Musk will be forced to sell more TSLA shared to stop the bleeding.

And it would be bad enough if this was only draining Elon's resources, but now there's word that TSLA and SpaceX engineers and developers are "helping" at Twitter. As a shareholder: WTF? Is Full Self Driving done and launched out of beta? Is the holiday software update ready? How about the Cybertruck and Semi? Are there no planned launches to the ISS anytime soon that need attention?

Elon's Twitter Crusade could take him down, and take two amazing companies along with it.
According to the Musk super fans, you don’t get it. This is in Tesla’s interest. Musk just didn’t tell you beforehand. Listen to Kristyn or whatever her name is above.

Perfectly said!

This is the real concern. What I don't understand is the freakout from some of the left leaning individuals here. Noted most (not all) of these individuals are the same folks who really do nothing in regards to the things, like climate change, that they say they care about. They don't have solar to power their homes (bc according to them "they are too poor"...it is really their priorities), they do not drive electric (according to them bc "they are too poor"...it is really their priorities), all they do is bitch at people for not doing more while they do nothing...it is so weird and such a bitch approach for going through life.

Last edited:
Perfectly said!

i've been waiting for the sonofabitch to deliver on cybertruck for way too long now...losing hope fast...

I care about Tesla and its mission. I care about a future where the planet is habitable. I care about clean drinking water, what happened in Flint was absolutely ****ing vile and beneath us as a species. Fossil fuels pollute our water sources. and those sources for the animals on this planet. They are gravely affected too. I care about clean air that we breathe into our lungs that causes disease and death. CO2 levels are rising, our brains are shrinking, we are all becoming dumber, generation by generation, thanks in part to climate change. Something like 20% of the Earth’s population lives at sea level, this is problematic and suggests a future of great displacement and suffering.

I get most people can’t see past their own nose but I do care that my child has a future worth living. You are free to not give a shit. That is your right.
And none of that has anything to do with Musk acting like a moron with Twitter.
He's not Jesus, he's human and can and has made stupid decisions. You need to separate your appreciation of the technology from worship of the man.

And none of that has anything to do with Musk acting like a moron with Twitter.
He's not Jesus, he's human and can and has made stupid decisions. You need to separate your appreciation of the technology from worship of the man.

Jesus wouldn't even be able to comprehend Twitter.

Are the lefties still obsessing over this?

When will you d bags just get over yourselves and realize the majority of humans do not care that Elon is doing this lol. Sounds like Twitter is seeing massive usage as of late, no one cares about you little whiny shitheads.

Reactions: unIowa
I have no idea why he insists on doing this himself in such a rushed manner.

Like... you could actually get a list of employees and have trusted people review their code commits, actually get an idea of their contributions. This should all be well recorded and accessible stuff. It would probably take a few weeks to a month to do right, but it's very achievable.

His do-it-this-instant and do-it-myself-attitude is really working against him.

Are the lefties still obsessing over this?

When will you d bags just get over yourselves and realize the majority of humans do not care that Elon is doing this lol. Sounds like Twitter is seeing massive usage as of late, no one cares about you little whiny shitheads.

people always slow down and rubberneck at car accidents. Doesn't mean they want to stay and be a part of it.

people always slow down and rubberneck at car accidents. Doesn't mean they want to stay and be a part of it.
Doubt anything comes of this. I’m sure Twitter will be as popular as ever and I will still be able to get great content from there for many more years to come.

What? I don’t support Republicans. Voted straight Dem ticket in Iowa.

Have you not seen this thread?

Thread 'List of *alleged* compromised GOP Politicians/Hosts'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/list-of-alleged-compromised-gop-politicians-hosts.385636/
Ha!

Too late, heretic!

The Burning of Witches Will Continue

Americans who once venerated self-reliance are building a church of conformity, whose chief means of worship is destroying heretics. Elon Musk should tell the priesthood to shove it​

The parochial snobbery of these people was partly responsible for their failure to convert the Indians… Very few Indians were converted, and the Salem folk believed that the virgin forest was the Devil's last preserve, his home base and the citadel of his final stand. To the best of their knowledge the American forest was the last place on earth that was not paying homage to God.
— Arthur Miller, The Crucible

We burn witches in America. When heathens won’t convert, when the crop is bad, we still burn the village freethinker.

The Federal Trade Commission last week told The Hill it was “tracking recent developments at Twitter with deep concern,” adding, “no CEO… is above the law,” clearly referring to the company’s despised new owner, billionaire Elon Musk.

Musk is the new bête noire of the American consensus. He is the Negative Current Thing, a role mostly played by Donald Trump since summer 2015, with occasional fill-ins (in no particular order, Vladimir Putin, Tucker Carlson, Novak Djokovic, J.K. Rowling, Jeremy Corbyn, Joe Rogan, Dave Chappelle, whatever they call Kanye West these days, and others have manned the slot). The coverage playbook for these heel-of-the-hour stories is rigid. Certain elements are always present.

Criminal investigations are instigated. Advocacy organizations issue denunciations (some combination of the Anti-Defamation League and the ACLU’s Chase Strangio is found in nearly all cases). News organizations demand the person’s muffling. Unions, guilds, and associations threaten walkouts. Even if the villain leans left, he or she begins to be described as “right wing,” a term with little political meaning left, that’s just code for heresy now.

It’s different from cancel culture. Cancelations start with a transgression, or at least an accusation of one. The other story type starts with a broader offense called thinking for yourself, which triggers denouncers to work backward in search of wrongdoing. Musk is the paradigmatic example. He’s achieved round-the-clock denunciation despite total confusion as to his core offense.

It was weird enough last week when Joe Biden said it was “worth looking into” whether Musk is a “national security threat” due to his “cooperations” and “relationships” with other countries, as if it were obvious how either translates to wrongdoing. For those who believe Biden just fumbled a surprise question, the issue had long before been leaked to Bloomberg, which in late October reported anonymous officials in the “intelligence community” were “weighing what tools, if any,” were available to stop Musk. The leakers not only seemed uncertain of what bureaucratic weaponry they could use on Musk, but what excuse they could put forward. The groping was so clumsy they claimed to be concerned about the presence of “foreign investors,” despite the fact that the previous Twitter regime had been taking money from the same foreigners.

After Biden spoke, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan — fast becoming the Madame DeFarge of the Biden administration — all but rolled his eyes when asked if he could “offer anything about why” Musk might be investigated. “You heard the president,” he chirped, not pausing his mental knitting. Public indifference to the madness of this was astonishing. We’ve had a secret grand jury system for centuries precisely to prevent this situation, i.e. the injustice of a person not charged with a crime having to live under public suspicion. Of course erstwhile progressives being indifferent to important civil liberties concerns has become routine in the Trump era.

Musk is accused of something bad, but what? The New York Times penned a basic indictment on October 26th, “How Elon Musk Became a Geopolitical Chaos Agent,” but the piece read like a parent’s deranged fantasy about the impact of a child’s friend who has a nose ring. The paper mourned Musk’s “influence and ability to cause trouble,” reporting he’s often “waded into situations even after he was advised not to” (again, was this a preschool report card?). They blasted him for “seeming to align himself with the Kremlin” via a peace plan in Ukraine, but were more quiet about Joint Chiefs Chair Mark Milley proposing something similar. People have complained about everything from Musk mistaking a Chris Farley sketch for a movie to firing a lot of people (including former Homeland Security advisory committee member Vijaya Gadde) to a plan to desecrate the sacred blue check mark inspired moral horror. From The Hill:

He slashed around half the workforce and rolled out a new Twitter Blue program that includes a verification check mark for $8 a month, which has led to widespread concerns over the impersonation of official accounts.
Musk voted for Barack Obama in 2012, Hillary Clinton in 2016, and Joe Biden in 2020, but he’s not being denounced as a dangerous right-wing reactionary and traitor because of his politics. The real problem is he’s a rich industrialist who has mild disagreements with Current Thing speech theology, and enough money to refuse to back down when threatened. This can’t be tolerated. A bigger worry, as Walter Kirn and I discussed, is that Musk could probably explode the Washington blob just by airing all the dirty correspondence from governments, ours included, that sent censorship and surveillance dictates to Twitter over the years.
If he is indeed holding that grenade, he should pull the pin now. He would go down in history as an American hero, remembered as the man who used his billions to buy the unmasking of a corrupt political establishment.
If the U.S. government is seriously going to dig up the corpse of McCarthy to go after Musk on national security grounds because he just voted Republican and once made Jake Sullivan sad at an Aspen Institute conference (this was part of the Times story), Musk should welcome that confrontation. No matter how much faux blue-check outrage gets drummed up, the average person will see this for what it is, an illegitimate effort to seize a private business from one extremely powerful person for the crime of disagreeing with an even more powerful people in government. The math isn’t hard: if the DHS or the NSC can do this to the world’s richest man, they can do it to anyone, making this story into a test case to see what the new censorship regime can get away with.

And I thought people didn’t want him to have so much wealth.
*not a finance expert*

I don't think that's about his wealth as much as it's about him dumping more shares into the market, further driving down the share price for the rest of us.

Reactions: mnole03
I’m not a coder and don’t use Twitter so a question…what was wrong with Twitter from a user perspective that needed to be fixed? Genuinely asking, I have no idea.

Bots (Being addressed)
Reading a 🧵 (already fixed)
Search function was garbage.
Effed up algorithm that would delete legit tweets from replies inexplicably.
If you ♥️ a comment, it would inexplicably disappear instantly and or the next day. Same with Retweets.

Biggest issue, Vindictive Twitter speech monitors that would curtail speech, individuals, ideas, & keywords they personally didnt like.

Perfectly said!

How are you feeling lately?

Also have had Giga Nevada upgrade(semi mass production site), Giga Mexico(third gen production), & Texas Refinery announced since then. Cybertruck finally inbound possibly? Second Megapack production site (Shanghai) announced. 40 GWh

Does Musk pay this guy by the post?

I would recommend to everyone here to drop Twitter and not buy Teslas. I got a PHEV that I love and it isn't Tesla. F that guy.

Does Musk pay this guy by the post?

I would recommend to everyone here to drop Twitter and not buy Teslas. I got a PHEV that I love and it isn't Tesla. F that guy.

Why so angry? Can’t a guy be excited Model Y is the best selling car in the world when so many people here said the Twitter purchase would ruin Tesla?

PHEV are ICE with shitty marketing.

Reactions: Urohawk
Why so angry? Can’t a guy be excited Model Y is the best selling car in the world when so many people here said the Twitter purchase would ruin Tesla?

PHEV are ICE with shitty marketing.

Not really. I drive a lot of electric miles and a lot of days I don't drive at all.

I would not buy something from Musk if it was the only car I could get.

You "disbelieve" lots of things regarding Musk, despite the evidence being put right in front of your face.

No. I do not believe Elon has been so distracted by Twitter that he hasn’t been involved at Tesla. He typically works 16 hour days, 7 days a week. He conducted this interview from Palo Alto at Tesla’s Global HQ for Engineering and said he tends to spend most of a day focusing on each of his businesses, but also ends up at another one depending on priority.

I also do not believe his attention is on anti-semitism nor racism. Rather he is quite interested in controversy and engagement on his social media platform that sells advertising.

One can interpret his tweets, comments, and actions through the lens of an evil supervillain and many do. I rather think of him as a Loki character persona that masks insecurity and a genuine regard for furthering /bettering mankind from a long term perspective. Based in a physics approach to humanity. That’s my take anyways.

You are of course welcome to take the word of all the anonymous hateful people of the world.

No. I do not believe Elon has been so distracted by Twitter that he hasn’t been involved at Tesla. He typically works 16 hour days, 7 days a week. He conducted this interview from Palo Alto at Tesla’s Global HQ for Engineering and said he tends to spend most of a day focusing on each of his businesses, but also ends up at another one depending on priority.

I also do not believe his attention is on anti-semitism nor racism. Rather he is quite interested in controversy and engagement on his social media platform that sells advertising.

One can interpret his tweets, comments, and actions through the lens of an evil supervillain and many do. I rather think of him as a Loki character persona that masks insecurity and a genuine regard for furthering /bettering mankind from a long term perspective. Based in a physics approach to humanity. That’s my take anyways.

You are of course welcome to take the word of all the anonymous hateful people of the world.

He is just another rich guy stroking his ego. His life was built on inequality.

A sudden heart attack would be a plus for humanity

ADVERTISEMENT