ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter allows White House to make ‘clearly false’ claim that COVID vaccine wasn’t available until Biden era

That tells me that you’re not a healthcare worker or first responder.
Nope. I work in an adjacency. Have lots of colleagues who are direct workers. Which is why I'll still mask up when out shopping, particularly if I'm going to be in contact with them in the near future. No need to put them at risk of infections.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865
Pretty funny seeing the right wingers all upset because Biden told a lie. If they had that much discussion on trump's lies, they would still be discussing approximately lie number 250, with another 30,000 lies to go. I suppose Biden could have just misspoke and trump could have misspoke thousands and thousands of time too. lol

This is such a ridiculous thread. Amazing the lengths people will go to to defend a throwaway tweet. Why is everybody so afraid to admit “their side” might not be perfect? Laughable.
To me it's not a thread about a throwaway tweet. It's a thread about the lengths people will go to "both sides" the relative honesty of the "two sides" of the current political system.

One side is a blasting fire hose of lies and misinformation, the other side every year and a half or so posts an inaccurate tweet.

Here you go as examples of the "normal" from the daily barrage that apparently doesn't even deserve notice in just the last few days and from the #3 Republican in the house (replaced Lynne Cheney):

• Haha
Reactions: sob5 and NCHawk5
In December 2020 and January 2021 only essentials were getting it and Biden Admin had to order enough doses for everyone which hadn't been done.
This is 3 Pinocchios.

Under Operation Warp Speed, the government has contracts with Johnson & Johnson, Novavaxand AstraZeneca for more than 500 million doses. So far only the vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna have completed trials and been granted emergency use authorization by the FDA. The government has secured 200 million doses from Moderna. Operation Warp Speed’s goal is to deliver 300 million coronavirus vaccine doses to Americans. The government then secured 100 million doses from Pfizer in December of 2020.

Pretty funny seeing the right wingers all upset because Biden told a lie. If they had that much discussion on trump's lies, they would still be discussing approximately lie number 250, with another 30,000 lies to go. I suppose Biden could have just misspoke and trump could have misspoke thousands and thousands of time too. lol
Oh my goodness. Biden lies a lot too. Just accept, condemn, and move on. The whataboutism nonsense on this board about Trump is tired. The Dems are trying that on America and it’s not going to work.

To me it's not a thread about a throwaway tweet. It's a thread about the lengths people will go to "both sides" the relative honesty of the "two sides" of the current political system.

One side is a blasting fire hose of lies and misinformation, the other side every year and a half or so posts an inaccurate tweet.

Here you go as examples of the "normal" from the daily barrage that apparently doesn't even deserve notice in just the last few days and from the #3 Republican in the house (replaced Lynne Cheney):

Eh... My guy, your guy, what about them, what about that...etc etc.

Ideally we call them ALL on their bullshit. Many here simply can’t do it.

No we are pointing out the hypocrisy of twitter

Oh sure, my point is that my standard here is what would have pissed me off when Trump was President. Something like this would have barely merited notice compared to the daily floods of sewage coming from Trump et al.

I mean just take a look at any random Kayleigh McEnany press conference. It was Bullshit Mountain every freaking day at that White House, and these guys are getting their freak on about one tweet.
we're going to have to circle back on this...

The vaccine wasn't available to the general public until March of 2021 but whatever. Again, another stupid pearl clutching moment to distract the gullible. I guess they don't want to talk about how Rand Paul single handily blocked aid to Ukraine today. One of these issues is more significant and impactful than the other.
with all the celebs and politicians taking the Ukraine tour, I gotta say 40 billion in aide seems like nonsense... coming from a guy who spent 19 months boots on the ground in iraq and 9 more months in afghanistan. Usually places that need that kind of aide aren't tourist attractions for the elite.

Eh... My guy, your guy, what about them, what about that...etc etc.

Ideally we call them ALL on their bullshit. Many here simply can’t do it.
There is a serious fundamental problem with politicians that I tried to bring up here recently. Your brothers lost their freaking minds when I revealed this (Shocker):

Every presidential nominee in my lifetime has gone from extreme left/right in primaries to moderate in the general election. We really have no clue what these people actually want by the time we cast our votes in November.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
with all the celebs and politicians taking the Ukraine tour, I gotta say 40 billion in aide seems like nonsense... coming from a guy who spent 19 months boots on the ground in iraq and 9 more months in afghanistan. Usually places that need that kind of aide aren't tourist attractions for the elite.
Well it's a good thing none of them are going to the front lines then. Although you'll have to tell me which celebrities have made the trip. I don't know of any.

Well it's a good thing none of them are going to the front lines then. Although you'll have to tell me which celebrities have made the trip. I don't know of any.
Jill Biden (it actually says she visited the war zone)
Angelina Jolie
Bono
Nancy Pelosi

"Several politicians (and a few celebrities) visited Ukraine in 2022 to show support for the country in its struggle against Russia’s invasion. In April 2022, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi all visited with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Actors Sean Penn and Angelina Jolie also traveled recently to the country." According to snopes

Reactions: NCHawk5
Jill Biden (it actually says she visited the war zone)
Angelina Jolie
Bono
Nancy Pelosi

"Several politicians (and a few celebrities) visited Ukraine in 2022 to show support for the country in its struggle against Russia’s invasion. In April 2022, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi all visited with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Actors Sean Penn and Angelina Jolie also traveled recently to the country." According to snopes

Politicians aren't celebraties, but you are aware that there isn't any fighting in Kiev right now, right?

It's not fully accurate.

It's primarily accurate if you're referring to "the overarching majority" of Americans.
Pfizer delayed the announcement of vaccine release until after the election. Almost a million were were vaccinated the day Joe took office. The same numbers/day Joe claimed would be vaccinated daily for his first 3 months in office.

Probably because the data were still being analyzed, and FDA didn't approve it until December.
We hadn’t yet approved the vaccine for the disease that didn’t even exist a year earlier. And Joes Place is blaming Trump for the fact that by the time Biden was sworn in we had only vaccinated about 22 million people and it wasn’t his turn yet.

That’s Joes Place.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
I don't think this thread was supposed to be as much about Biden lying as it was about Twitter not marking it as misinformation. The fact that it's become about Biden lying is due to the fact the Dems on here just can't accept that as reality. It shouldn't have even been a point of contention. But here we are...5 pages later.

Jolie, Bono, and Jill Biden are not politicians.
Jill Biden would have more of a political reason for going and Bono and Jolie's humanitarian efforts are well known. So, while they are celebrities, they likely had real reasons to travel there beyond just being seen.

But who cares, I don't know the details of their visit but I'm betting they stayed close to Kiev and didn't travel to the Donbass region or to southern Ukraine.

What's wrong about it? Were the vaccines widely available before Biden became President?

But anyway, we're back to the nonsense scandals these nuts pretend are big deals when Democrats are in the White House.

Tan suits and gaffes.

Reactions: pjhawk
I don't think this thread was supposed to be as much about Biden lying as it was about Twitter not marking it as misinformation. The fact that it's become about Biden lying is due to the fact the Dems on here just can't accept that as reality. It shouldn't have even been a point of contention. But here we are...5 pages later.
They only acknowledge nuance when it supports their argument. Otherwise their argument is limited to “But, Trump…”.

I'm a little surprised that with Joe being accused of being Slow Joe with old age and dementia etc, that people would just think he screwed up or misspoke rather than lying. But, I understand your point regarding Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT