ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter experiences massive loss of advertising.

seam

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2002
OP uses Bing?

5dc91ec5aff76-google-vs-bing-memes-coverimage-1.jpg

fetchimage

google-vs-bing-memes-6-5dc4144b38dc6__700.jpg

images

Corporations against free speech? Or corporations who were making a lot off of snowflakes and the snowflakes have left the platform?

I'm guessing the latter, surely it's a business decision.

"However, one important aspect of Musk’s acquisition of Twitter has received less attention: The acquisition has the potential to significantly harm national security. Not only has Musk brought on a number of investors to help finance the deal, including entities with links to China, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia (see Table 1), but one of his other companies, Tesla, is increasingly dependent on the Chinese market and the goodwill of the Chinese government."

https://www.brookings.edu/research/...ter-acquisition-on-national-security-grounds/

Corporations against free speech? Or corporations who were making a lot off of snowflakes and the snowflakes have left the platform?

I'm guessing the latter, surely it's a business decision.
Did you call the Right snowflakes when they left after 2020?

Whoever used to own Twitter played this like a master class of capitalism. First they kicked Turd Boy 1 off their platform. And then they got Turd Boy 2 to over pay by billions of dollars to buy the platform to get the first Turd Boy back.

It might have worked if Elon handled the acquisition like Bezos did for the Washington Post, where he keeps a professional distance. There’s no reason he couldn’t have hired someone with experience to be the CEO, like the Google Guys did. But Elon needs attention.

The relevant powers that be here are also lobbying hard for TikTok to be banned in the US. If that happens, there will be a market opportunity that Twitter could capitalize on quickly. Twitter already has their own TikTok style IP (a la Vine) that was severely underutilized. If those wheels get cranking then it is a net-new revenue stream that is virtually 100% profit. Elon knows they will lose some folks but overall, the potential of the Twitter platform to crank up as revenue can easily overcome that.

Most major brands also utilize Twittter as part of their CX strategy. They’re not going to quit that.

Reducing the fat and increasing revenue streams is an age-old way to start getting things on track. Wall Street so far seems to have confidence. The outrage will quiet eventually and Twitter’s financials will start to look better. I’m not sure investors are going to pony up cash just so the liberal journalism and comms majors of the world can have their own playground again.

It might have worked if Elon handled the acquisition like Bezos did for the Washington Post, where he keeps a professional distance. There’s no reason he couldn’t have hired someone with experience to be the CEO, like the Google Guys did. But Elon needs attention.

Elon is CEO of 3 businesses.

Conclusion: being a CEO is clearly not a full-time job.

Like I'd posted in the other thread:

Now we know who's leaving Twitter.

Someone lacks self awareness.
Yeah… the pro gun regulations pro abortion rights NC is a total hardline republican who lacks @Moral s

hell, moral has even said I’m left of him on guns. He’s an excellent poster because he doesn’t blindly promote a candidate. He actually thinks for himself, and everyone on here could learn a lot from him.

In other news, Apple, Amazon, State Farm, Disney, Sony, McDonald’s, and Microsoft still advertise on Twitter. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT