ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumors: AJ Blazek offered job. Rutgers matched and counter offered

Rutgers grad texted me last Monday that Iowa must be desperate because they are plundering the Rutgers staff. Blazek is the only name I recognize-although I'm not following closely.

The kid played with a lot of intensity and intelligence. Probably a good coach. Always like to see Hawks come home but they need to win once they're here. Love only goes so far.

Rutgers grad texted me last Monday that Iowa must be desperate because they are plundering the Rutgers staff. Blazek is the only name I recognize-although I'm not following closely.

The kid played with a lot of intensity and intelligence. Probably a good coach. Always like to see Hawks come home but they need to win once they're here. Love only goes so far.

Lester Erb next?

Do you think it has any correlation to the recruitment of Blazek's nephew, Xavier Foster?

just sayin'.....
Yes, Fran approached the football staff and told them to get this guy on campus now so they can get Foster in 3 1/2 years. A guy who doesn't start and averages 7 ppg and 6 rpg. ;)

Jon Miller?
I don't put much stock in Mods of these kinds of message boards. Jon knows a little basketball, so I will listen to him there. He's a fan and nothing more. Same as you and I.
I have friends and family that are in tight with the athletic dept. If I wanted to bother them for inside info, I could do it easily enough. It doesn't mean that much to me.

Don't blame Miller for that. Your friends are donkeys for buying tickets and flights before the game is booked.

Please do not insult donkeys . . .they are very smart!
ChtENTdUoAAVX5J.jpg

Reactions: IAHWKGUY
A guy who doesn't start and averages 7 ppg and 6 rpg. ;)

At only 14 years old and already has offers from Iowa, ISU and Creighton.

It's ridiculous for the poster to think this was the reason but the statistical averages have nothing to do with his potential.

I would think that Blazek would much rather coach the OL at Iowa, if the money is close to what Rutgers is offering. But what do I know.

I have learned through multiple sources that Iowa did offer A.J. Blazek a job on the coaching staff. I was not told detail of the title offered but I assume it was offensive line coach.

At this point, there does not seem to be any movement. I am told that Rutgers matched the offer, and gave him a raise, and so he decided not to leave. It's unclear if Iowa is going to continue to pursue that angle

Reactions: BigOHawk
At only 14 years old and already has offers from Iowa, ISU and Creighton.

It's ridiculous for the poster to think this was the reason but the statistical averages have nothing to do with his potential.
Did you not see the wink emoji?

I don't put much stock in Mods of these kinds of message boards. Jon knows a little basketball, so I will listen to him there. He's a fan and nothing more. Same as you and I.
I have friends and family that are in tight with the athletic dept. If I wanted to bother them for inside info, I could do it easily enough. It doesn't mean that much to me.

If you don't think he has connections in Iowa and gets news and hints before you, then you know nothing

I would wait until you read it from the press release. Rutgers paid their OL coach 240K last year and Iowa paid BF 425K. So let's say he gets an offer from Iowa for 350K. You are trying to tell me Rutgers is going to bump his salary from 240K to 350K to exceed Iowa's offer (my guess of 350K). Now Rutgers has to give all of their coaches a 100k raise? I think it is best to wait until official notices come out.

Reactions: Front7
I would wait until you read it from the press release. Rutgers paid their OL coach 240K last year and Iowa paid BF 425K. So let's say he gets an offer from Iowa for 350K. You are trying to tell me Rutgers is going to bump his salary from 240K to 350K to exceed Iowa's offer (my guess of 350K). Now Rutgers has to give all of their coaches a 100k raise? I think it is best to wait until official notices come out.
Do you know how salary negotiations work?

If you don't think he has connections in Iowa and gets news and hints before you, then you know nothing
I don't care if he does or doesn't. What difference does it make? Don't mean shit to me. Am I supposed to be impressed because he gets a story before everyone else? I can guarantee you that I have information about some players that Jon doesn't, right now. Big deal. Does that mean I can make predictions about where the football team is playing in a bowl game before it's announced?
If that kind of stuff impresses you, I feel sad for your life

Do you know how salary negotiations work?
Yeah, I know how salary negotiation works. You see your fellow coaches making a 100K more than you, so you ask for a 25K reduction in your salary to help pay for your fellow coach's extra 100K.:rolleyes: Just in case you don't know how sarcasm works, this is sarcasm.:D

Barta said they have six coaches in mind for two spots. He said not offers have been made.

Participation ribbon generation?

ADVERTISEMENT