ADVERTISEMENT

Two Bombings in One Night? That’s Normal Now in Sweden.

Colonoscopy

HR Legend
Feb 20, 2022
Saint Louis, Mo
The immigration issue in Europe is a big driving force behind the ascendance of right wing parties across Europe. This article makes the case that Sweden mishandled the issue and as a result voters turned to right wing parties that offered solutions.

The Sweden Democrats, or SD, is now the second-biggest party in parliament, and the biggest party of the right-wing bloc—gaining more votes than the more traditional center-right Moderate party. (It remains to be seen whether Ulf Kristersson, leader of the Moderates, can form a government with the support of SD, while sticking to his promise not to allow the party into the government coalition.)

So how did Sweden’s famously liberal electorate usher in a party with roots on the extreme right? In a word: denial.

This where we say pew pew?
Dunno.

So back in 2017 or so, right after Trump was elected, I took a tour of the internet and what was happening politically. I stumbled upon Breitbart. Breitbart was running a ton of Sweden stuff, focusing on their supposed problems with immigration. I spent a little bit of time on the issue, but found it hard to get to the bottom of it.

5 years later we have this.

Every country needs a neo-nazi party that calls itself the 'solution to the immigration problem.'

I assume most of the bombs were new Post Malone songs.
ad72fd06dd438fcb38785080202def1b.gif

ADVERTISEMENT