ADVERTISEMENT

Two minute warning rule

binsfeldcyhawk2

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Looked for a thread to bring back up but didn't find one.

Didn't think much of it when it was implemented but....Hawks run out the clock and get the W without it.

Changes things when trying to run out the clock (KF staple) to get a W.

Only reason for the rule is an additional commercial break. Not "blaming" the loss on it but it does change the equation when trying to ice a game.

Had a feeling that would bite us at some point in the season.
KF has made a living on playing to protect a lead and leave it to the D.

The extra "time out" isn't beneficial to his style of ball...

Honestly I forgot about it when the Hawks got the ball back with around 3 minutes left. Originally thought...1 first down ices it. Wrong :)

Totally agree regarding the 2 minute timeout. It did affected the time on the clock but the Hawks lost this, plain and simple. I take my hat off to ISU.

I had a 9 hour drive home yesterday to think about the game.

Taking a five yard delay of game - Bad decision

Rhys had a 36 yard punt - not good

Iowa's vaunted D gave up a 30 yard pass play - even worse

In the end though, two first and goals inside the five and to come away with two field goals, isn't going to cut it. Run the Fing ball.

Totally agree regarding the 2 minute timeout. It did affected the time on the clock but the Hawks lost this, plain and simple. I take my hat off to ISU.

I had a 9 hour drive home yesterday to think about the game.

Taking a five yard delay of game - Bad decision

Rhys had a 36 yard punt - not good

Iowa's vaunted D gave up a 30 yard pass play - even worse

In the end though, two first and goals inside the five and to come away with two field goals, isn't going to cut it. Run the Fing ball.
Can't disagree with any of that.

I'd include TJ Hall having a sure fire interception in the end zone ripped away from him by Noel and the Nwankpa blown coverage on Noel. Nwankpa was pretty inexcusable...Hall was just a fantastic play by Noel.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT