ADVERTISEMENT

Two National Anthems In The NFL Now

We need something totally neutral and light hearted. In fact, we do not even deserve a National Anthem with all the hate in the hearts of Americans today. Therefore, this should play before every meaningful gathering of Americans. It’s what we deserve:

Serious question...are they going to kneel during that one or will that be disrespectful. I honestly have no idea what is and isn’t offensive anymore. I’m old and scared.

The NFL will be lucky if they have a
season. The coronavirus will be a
major concern for players to think
about. With no fans in the stands,
it will be a joke to pretend this is a
normal NFL game..

In the UNITED States of America,
there can be only ONE national
anthem. How divisive it is for two
national anthems. Just another knee
jerk reaction to the man murdered
in Minneapolis.

Reactions: B1G
How about the prerecorded rendition
of America the Beautiful by Ray Charles
as our national anthem.

IF we are not careful, the next step will
be to have two flags instead of one.
Beware of those who want to hijack the
unity of America.

Well, what little interest I had in the NFL this year just flew out the window. And if they follow through and do this, then I'm gone for good. Would love it if a bunch of white players kneeled during it, but you know they won't allow that.

This is the ticket!

Let's change all of the rhetoric, all of the symbols, what we call each other and how we describe each other, our flag, our national anthem, and so on. This will occupy our government full time for a few years.

Meaningful change, cultural reorientation, genuine American values that are shared by all and which result in improved lives and opportunity for each and every person living here? We can get around to that in about two more generations ... assuming we can agree on just what those changes should be.

I really do not get this anthem stuff. I am not in love with the SSB either, but can see absolutely no way we can change it in any meaningful way and with the backing of more than a small percentage of the population.

This drive toward diversity has resulted in diverse opinions, diverse lifestyles, diverse tastes in music. We are WAY past the point where any specific music can be adopted as an anthem for the nation.

Let's just eliminate the old one see if anything gels over the next 100 years. In the meantime let's give the music played at events over to the the Event Planners themselves.

Last edited:
Hispanics are the second largest group in America. They need a national anthem too! (Even if there aren't a lot of them in the NFL.)

If we are changing it then it really needs to be Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the USA, especially now

giphy.gif

Reactions: RNHawk
If we are changing it then it really needs to be Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the USA, especially now
That's an absolutely horrendous song. The lyrics are lazy, the music boring, and Greenwood shouldn't be allowed to sing the happy birthday song.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT