ADVERTISEMENT

Two of our coaches deserve more recognition...and I confess I was wrong about DL

perryhawk

HB Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Perry, Iowa
So, first off I was very concerned about our defensive line before the season...still not sure about the challenges that Wisconsin brings, but holy crap these guys have played really well. Kelvin Bell is one hell of a coach...he has brought this line, 3/4ths of which had little to no experience, and has them playing like an experienced line right out of the shoot. What a great coaching job he has done.

Levar Woods....our special teams have continuously been outstanding under his leadership. This punter that Levar found was the difference in the game Saturday...continuously put ISU in a hole as far as field position...and conversely bailed us out when we couldn't move the ball. Our return game, blocking on special teams, very very few mistakes (one high snap Saturday) have all been top flight. This isn't new to this year......special teams have just been consistently good/great and on occasion he has prepared them to provide a little trickery.

My apologies for doubting the DL......getting our Oline in the groove (hopefully in the next two weeks) and this year looks like something special....as soon as the Oline jells the running game will take off and then our passing game should also be better...damn, look out if this happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News