ADVERTISEMENT

Two of the very first things

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
that we all learned in the army at Fort Knox during basic training was what treason and awol is. Convicted of treason brings death. Basically you've done severe damage to the USA. Selling nuclear secrets qualifies. Absent without leave is abandoning your duty post and has severe consequences but not death. Two pretty important things to know in your first week of training during the vietnam war.

that we all learned in the army at Fort Knox during basic training was what treason and awol is. Convicted of treason brings death. Basically you've done severe damage to the USA. Selling nuclear secrets qualifies. Absent without leave is abandoning your duty post and has severe consequences but not death. Two pretty important things to know in your first week of training during the vietnam war.
And for the former Commander in Chief to have done it. Wow!

If true, a severe example must be set or all the training our military receives regarding accountability, as you just described, means nothing.

Convicted of treason brings death.
This is a common misconception. Treason can be punishable by death, but it rarely is. No one in America has been executed for treason since the end of the Civil War.

Kind of sad that Senator Breadbags constantly reminds the citizens of iowa that she was an officer in the military. Too bad she didn’t take her oath to heart. Maybe she had different training than the OP? Maybe she was told it’s okay to pilfer state secrets as long as you lead a cult, and she needs your voters?

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg would beg to differ...

And in their case, espionage = treason
No. The crimes the Rosenbergs committed went above and beyond treason. They sold nuclear secrets to the Soviet Union. That’s espionage and it’s worse than treason.

If it’s proven that Trump sold nuclear secrets to a foreign power then it would be accurate to say that he is guilty of espionage and deserves to be executed. But the fact remains that no one in America has been executed for treason since the end of the Civil War.

Reactions: goldmom
No. The crimes the Rosenbergs committed went above and beyond treason. They sold nuclear secrets to the Soviet Union. That’s espionage and it’s worse than treason.
It's treason. They betrayed their own country; literally the definition of treason.

It's treason. They betrayed their own country; literally the definition of treason.
The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage, which is above and beyond the traditional definition of treason. But I’m not going to spend 4 pages going round and round with you on this horseshit. So let’s pretend for the sake of argument that the Rosenbergs were executed for treason.

That’s two (2) people in 150+ years. That doesn’t exactly nullify my main point that treason is usually not punished by execution.

But it now sounds like Trump is being investigated for espionage. So that could get interesting.

Reactions: Tom Paris
The Rosenbergs were executed for espionage, which is above and beyond the traditional definition of treason. But I’m not going to spend 4 pages going round and round with you on this horseshit.

Dude: You can commit espionage WITHOUT committing treason.
You can commit treason WITHOUT committing espionage.

They did BOTH. Committing espionage against your OWN country is BY DEFINITION, TREASON.

Dude: You can commit espionage WITHOUT committing treason.
You can commit treason WITHOUT committing espionage.

They did BOTH. Committing espionage against your OWN country is BY DEFINITION, TREASON.
Again, that’s two people. Are there any other examples since the end of the Civil War or am I correct in saying that execution is rarely the punishment for treason?

Have any other people been executed for treason since 1870? Two people in 150+ years isn’t exactly a trend, Spud.
Never claimed it was. It is a potential punishment, depending on the severity of the crime.

Fox Network is twisting like a pretzel this week.

Today is especially bad.

Yikes.

I can see the investigation getting down to guys like Hannity and Carlson eventually.

I don’t have the answer but I think what we would need to know is how many people were convicted of treason (or espionage) during the past 150 years and NOT executed.

This is a travesty. I mean for our own US Government to plant secret illegal documents on a former president like this? You know what no one is bringing up that is very suspicious? That's right, MK Ultra. Thats a thing that exists. And what right do they have entering his private residence? It's private does the 4th ammendment not exist? It is so obvious what they are doing here. Biden wants a War with China so he can get Taiwan and for oil.

I expect the democrats on HORT wont have what it takes to respond to me without claiming racism.

That was not the first thing you learned in basic training.

This is a travesty. I mean for our own US Government to plant secret illegal documents on a former president like this? You know what no one is bringing up that is very suspicious? That's right, MK Ultra. Thats a thing that exists. And what right do they have entering his private residence? It's private does the 4th ammendment not exist? It is so obvious what they are doing here. Biden wants a War with China so he can get Taiwan and for oil.

I expect the democrats on HORT wont have what it takes to respond to me without claiming racism.
^^^* This ^^^^

;)

Reactions: Moral
I suppose they didn't teach you that you don't know everything?

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg would beg to differ...

And in their case, espionage = treason

Incorrect. Espionage and treason are 2 different charges in the court of law.
They were charged and convicted of espionage and not treason, one of the reasons being at the time of the trial Cohn felt they could not be charged with treason due to the US not being at war with the Soviet Union at the time. This decision has come under scrutiny in later years, but the fact remains that they were specifically charged with espionage and the treason charge was not brought forth against them.

Incorrect. Espionage and treason are 2 different charges in the court of law.
Didn't make any claim as to what they were actually charged with.

Their acts of espionage were ALSO treason. See the definitions if you need a refresher.

Never claimed it was.
OP claimed it was. He said that “Convicted of treason brings death,” as though execution naturally follows as the punishment for treason.

It seems like you agree that I’m correct in saying execution is a rare punishment for treason.

I’m glad we settled that.

It seems like you agree that I’m correct in saying execution is a rare punishment for treason.
I don't believe I made any comment that it was NOT rare.

Merely that two people were executed for selling US secrets to the Soviets (betraying their country = treason) during the 1900s.

The two first things I learned in boot camp were standing at attention and mustering in formation.

All the sedition stuff came later.

ADVERTISEMENT