ADVERTISEMENT

Two steps back

Irishhawkeye2107

HR All-American
Jun 17, 2005
Seems like refs swallow their whistles and refuse to call stalling. Two steps back, especially when not in a tie should be immediately called as stalling. even in a tire if you are walking backwards you should start to be hit. It’s awfully hard to be aggressive and take shots on a guy backing out.

With that said, many of our guys need a little more Desanto in them and just completely force the issue.

venting complete

Reactions: 24 so far
It just seems like most Iowa wrestlers are wrestling to NOT lose rather than WIN.

Any why does it seem like we are always battling the injury bug this time of year?

What a complete disaster the last 18 hours -

Excellent point, and with that said.

I thought I was watching the same wrestler in all of the PSU finals, especially in the 3r period, the PSU wrestler (fill in the blank) on the mat riding their opponent, standing with their opponent, not improving their position and clearly pushing the escaping opponent out of the ring before the escape can be completed. Every PSU wrestler used this as their go to stalling/riding technique without a single stall called that I remember. And, it seemed again, with 20 seconds left, the majority of PSU wrestlers if riding would release their opponent to avoid the risk of reversal, with a 1 or 2 point lead, and commence running away from the more aggressive opponent, with no stall call because no previous warnings had been called.

Referees should at least call the stall warning, if not award the stalling point or escape. The escape avoiding push-out and running around the mat at the end of a match would be eliminated no doubt, and there may be some additional wrestling that happens changing the outcome of the match. Please!

This is obviously a hole in the rules that is consistently coached be PSU and they are allowed to abuse more so then all the other teams at the NCAAs.

Last edited:
One of the few wrestlers I can think of that didn’t run with a lead and little time was Dennis and it cost him a title. As much as I hate to watch it, the wrestler that doesn’t run in that position is a complete fool. Adding a push out rule would definitely help and make the end of those matches a lot more exciting.

One of the few wrestlers I can think of that didn’t run with a lead and little time was Dennis and it cost him a title. As much as I hate to watch it, the wrestler that doesn’t run in that position is a complete fool. Adding a push out rule would definitely help and make the end of those matches a lot more exciting.
Yep, need the step out. Refs swallow the whistle often in the finals. This whole tournament I saw guys clearly coached to retreat to the edge and use it as an escape route as Cormier stated in the broadcast. Guys literally lived on the circle.

I thought I was watching the same wrestler in all of the PSU finals, especially in the 3r period, the PSU wrestler (fill in the blank) on the mat riding their opponent, standing with their opponent, not improving their position and clearly pushing the escaping opponent out of the ring before the escape can be completed. Every PSU wrestler used this as their go to stalling/riding technique without a single stall called that I remember. And, it seemed again, with 20 seconds left, the majority of PSU wrestlers if riding would release their opponent to avoid the risk of reversal, with a 1 or 2 point lead, and commence running away from the more aggressive opponent, with no stall call because no previous warnings had been called.

Referees should at least call the stall warning, if not award the stalling point or escape. The escape avoiding push-out and running around the mat at the end of a match would be eliminated no doubt, and there may be some additional wrestling that happens changing the outcome of the match. Please!

This is obviously a hole in the rules that is consistently coached be PSU and they are allowed to abuse more so then all the other teams at the NCAAs.

Who would have thought that Tony Nelson would be such an influence on Cael.

Does anyone have the total number of committed shots by Iowa wrestlers vs PSU wrestlers this weekend? It would be interesting to see.

Yeah…then do a percentage calculation of successful shots/total shots.
I only saw Friday night & Saturday night. However, PSU had 5 of the top 9 points scorers for the tournament, so I’m guessing shots/TD numbers would favor them? Who would the numbers favor, do you think?

Reactions: FalconPadre

Have you ever watched your guys wrestle?

Reactions: FalconPadre
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT