ADVERTISEMENT

Two Tulsa police officers shot during traffic stop

A dog can get someone out of a car without putting the officers in such close proximity.

I don’t know. It’s such a shitty deal. These were clearly good police and they deserve to be protected, but I also don’t want to cross the line and ignore constitutional rights.
That's is why I tell anyone that will listen to do what the officer says. After the fact if the officers broke the law or your constitutional right then you can complain and sue. This way everyone goes home alive.

That's is why I tell anyone that will listen to do what the officer says. After the fact if the officers broke the law or your constitutional right then you can complain and sue. This way everyone goes home alive.
You think corporate Mexican employees care?

I think both sides might find themselves a bit more passive if they weren't wearing clothes. Nazi Germany knew something...

That was amazing. It's tragic whenever there's a murder. That suspect seemed impervious... and that had to be a calculated event. He knew he had a pistol the whole time. And, outta nowhere, in a split second... BOOM!

My heart goes out to those he left behind. Police have a very dangerous job. My hat is off to them.

F the wall..use the money to build more prisons and pay the men and women in blue double what they are making now.

A gal i know in Tulsa really well, her father used to be a big shot in the Tulsa PD, 30+ year veteran there, very recently retired. I've met him several times...outstanding guy. He states Tulsa is having a really difficult time getting applicants, let alone actually hiring new PO's.

He knew both these officers. This incident really shook him up badly.

Tough to watch. Toughest part of job is the unpredictability of who runs across you path.

And I will go ahead and ask the question we all are wondering: did him being white play a factor in them letting him mess around far too long, with tasering and pepper spray having zero impact, and still not one of them pulling a gun out and start giving orders with the barrel of a gun as back up? It’s almost like the inverse of profiling gone bad and I think it did play a role.

Considering more white boys are shot than black people by cops ...no.

You knew that right? Police shoot more white people that people of color? I'm guessing you didn't know that.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
Considering more white boys are shot than black people by cops ...no.

You knew that right? Police shoot more white people that people of color? I'm guessing you didn't know that.

I did. Funny how so up in arms some of you are about my observation. Does not change my mind that I still think they clearly let their guard down for some reason. There is resisting arrest when the cops know you don't have a weapon and resisting arrest when you are in your car. Hell, it's the entire defense of the Blake shooting. A person getting belligerent and violent in their car is a major major red flag and a many patrol men and women escalate concern that this person could have a weapon they will use at any moment. How many times have you seen cops with gun drawn and pointed when a person, black, brown, or white is resisting arrest, not lowering their arms and refusing to come out of car. They typically draw guns and back away. For some reason they did not here. They thought he was some harmless drunk dude out a 3AM who would not have a gun nor would use it on them. And my comment on that still stands. Does not mean it is not horrific and that guy is not scum.

Reactions: torbee
I didn't do any research on the reasoning of the stop, but nothing I saw would have been justified in having the officer's guns out.
My understanding is that they pulled him over because he made a wide turn. Based on that and also the time of night they suspected he might be driving impaired. He also had expired tags.

Tough to watch. Toughest part of job is the unpredictability of who runs across you path.

And I will go ahead and ask the question we all are wondering: did him being white play a factor in them letting him mess around far too long, with tasering and pepper spray having zero impact, and still not one of them pulling a gun out and start giving orders with the barrel of a gun as back up? It’s almost like the inverse of profiling gone bad and I think it did play a role.
No, I can't say I was wondering this.

There seems to be one side of the aisle that is obsessed with interjecting race into everything.

I did. Funny how so up in arms some of you are about my observation. Does not change my mind that I still think they clearly let their guard down for some reason. There is resisting arrest when the cops know you don't have a weapon and resisting arrest when you are in your car. Hell, it's the entire defense of the Blake shooting. A person getting belligerent and violent in their car is a major major red flag and a many patrol men and women escalate concern that this person could have a weapon they will use at any moment. How many times have you seen cops with gun drawn and pointed when a person, black, brown, or white is resisting arrest, not lowering their arms and refusing to come out of car. They typically draw guns and back away. For some reason they did not here. They thought he was some harmless drunk dude out a 3AM who would not have a gun nor would use it on them. And my comment on that still stands. Does not mean it is not horrific and that guy is not scum.

How many times have you seen it? Any times? Ever?

Better yet how may times have you been in any sort of situation where your life is could be on the line as well as the lives of others based on the potential malicious intent of someone you are interacting with? Ever?

If you knew the answer already that more white people are killed by cops then the answer to the rest of your bullshit is the cops pull their guns in white people more often. Because they shoot more white people more often.

Stop being a piece of shit

Comply with the officer or get shot in the head. That needs to become the norm.
Head is too much, in general.

Also makes no sense. Cops are trained for body shots. Larger area to hit, in addition it's not always lethal, although you have to assume it will be.

I think it’s more the not wanting to be seen as going too far and being fired or whatever in the current environment.

But by all means, assume the worst.

disclosure that this is an extremely difficult video to watch. One takeaway from these videos is that the non-lethal deterrents do not seem to work well when someone’s adrenaline is up and not wanting to be arrested.

Again watch at your discretion. Horrible

15ac9134-0f80-4976-8cf0-d0797536a8de-medium16x9_JohnsonandZarkeshan1.jpg
Amazing reading the sympathy towards the police officers in this thread. Had that been a black individual, I can't imagine how many posters would have been ridiculing the officers, saying they are racist pigs, and that they drove the guy to shoot him in defense.

Modern law enforcement carries expandable ASPs that aren’t very effective. Very few departments carry the old, very effective, wooden ones.

This video is absolutely tragic.

Asps are about as effective as batons. Moreover they’re carried merely to be in compliance with (out of date) use of force policies. With the advent of OC and tasers, striking equipment is almost obsolete...batons are a hinderance and nearly useless with the exception of riot and crowd control. Then they are excellent tools.

Last edited:
This is why I have little issue with cops using lethal force when suspects resist arrest. They cannot possibly know each and every time a suspect may have a concealed weapon and they're risking their lives when dealing with someone resisting.

Totally serious question - How the heck could they not incapacitate a guy with multiple taser shots and multiple pepper sprays? I thought those measures were practically paralyzing. Maybe police need to look at improving the effectiveness of their non-lethal devices. Unreal what a desperate individual can and will do. Very sad.
Nope. Amp up a tazer any higher and we'll get even more lawsuits after they injure or kill people by mistake. This is the position liberalism has put LE in.

Reactions: Madman_1
Nope. Amp up a tazer any higher and we'll get even more lawsuits after they injure or kill people by mistake. This is the position liberalism has put LE in.

I am guessing the death rate for tasers is lower than guns.

Had the same thought. It also makes me wonder why cops can’t use night sticks anymore. That dude needed a knock on the head and to be dragged out if that car. The taser and pepper spray did nothing.

Had the same thought. It also makes me wonder why cops can’t use night sticks anymore. That dude needed a knock on the head and to be dragged out if that car. The taser and pepper spray did nothing.

Lumping someone in the head with a baton is not permitted, Scoop.

I am guessing the death rate for tasers is lower than guns.
so you'll be good with it when someone needing to be controlled by less than lethal force is tazed and dies? No comments about cops using dangerous tazer when not really needed? Mmkay. It's so easy to play both sides whenever it seems convenient.

If you knew the answer already that more white people are killed by cops then the answer to the rest of your bullshit is the cops pull their guns in white people more often. Because they shoot more white people more often.
This argument is bad. You clearly don't understand statistics.

ADVERTISEMENT