ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Campbell

Not knowing the situation, but do you really expect a Top 20 player who transferred in Jr high to get more exposure and transfered again in HS to end up going to DePaul?

Not knowing the situation, but do you really expect a Top 20 player who transferred in Jr high to get more exposure and transfered again in HS to end up going to DePaul?
He also reclassified to 2018 so who knows how it effected scholarship situations and play time at schools....like iowa had no schollys

Weird, DePaul is a basketball wasteland compared to its former status as an annual threat to make a run in the NCAA tourney. They've made the NCAA field twice in the last 25 years, that's pathetic considering their location and former reputation. Ray Meyer will not be walking through that door anytime soon.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Ray Meyer and Guy Lewis-the two most underrated coaches of all time.

How could DePaul not be good almost every year? They are in a huge metro area and have a great history (albeit somewhat distant).

Coaching has not been the best. They ran thru a lot of bad ones and are starting over with the same ones. Leitao is on his second Tour of Failure. He looks like the math teacher just gave him a test with five story problems. Then DePaul builds a new facility a $50 cab ride from campus.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Coaching has not been the best. They ran thru a lot of bad ones and are starting over with the same ones. Leitao is on his second Tour of Failure. He looks like the math teacher just gave him a test with five story problems. Then DePaul builds a new facility a $50 cab ride from campus.

The new Wintrust Arena is in the south loop and very convenient for students, faculty and staff who work/go to class in DePaul's downtown loop campus. Also, it's much more convenient for students in the Lincoln Park campus via a train ride compared to traveling to Rosemont and playing at that shit hole Allstate Center. This new state-of-the art venue will surely attract the 4-5 star recruits from Chicago along with the new assistant coach they recently hired that helped bring Tyger. They are on Tyger's teammate as well, another 5-star and better than him. Watch out for DePaul next year.

The new Wintrust Arena is in the south loop and very convenient for students, faculty and staff who work/go to class in DePaul's downtown loop campus. Also, it's much more convenient for students in the Lincoln Park campus via a train ride compared to traveling to Rosemont and playing at that shit hole Allstate Center. This new state-of-the art venue will surely attract the 4-5 star recruits from Chicago along with the new assistant coach they recently hired that helped bring Tyger. They are on Tyger's teammate as well, another 5-star and better than him. Watch out for DePaul next year.
Live in Chicago, and unless they are good, it doesn't matter where they play. Chicago is not a college basketball town, and the students don't give a crap about sports. There are a million things to do in Chicago to occupy their time. He will be playing in front of crickets.

Agreed, mostly.

Depaul had two big problems.

1. They held on to Joey Meyer about 3 years too long. His last five year featured 3 mediocre and two horrible (14 combined wins) seasons. He probably should have been let go after the second mediocre season since they had been trending downward the 5 years before that.

2. They joined the Great Midwest (which morphed into...) and CUSA, both of which had teams that, honestly, were far above the level they had been playing at as an independent the previous 10 years.

Both of these had a big impact on them.

Live in Chicago, and unless they are good, it doesn't matter where they play. Chicago is not a college basketball town, and the students don't give a crap about sports. There are a million things to do in Chicago to occupy their time. He will be playing in front of crickets.

You may be right but DePaul hasn't been good for decades so their fanbase is really depressed. Plus, a lot of good basketball players come from Chicago. It's a urban sport and a lot of people in that town do like it.

I don't know for much about DePaul's situation. But if they rise I think it will be bucking the trend of the big conferences getting bigger and stronger.

Reactions: DocRambo
I don't know for much about DePaul's situation. But if they rise I think it will be bucking the trend of the big conferences getting bigger and stronger.

You're kind of right but they are in the Big East. Being in Chicago is the biggest thing they have to sell as far as I know.. I'm not a fan of the Big East's success so this annoys me

Reactions: DanL53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT