ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Campbell

Ronman

HR Legend
Jan 4, 2004
Planet Iowa
Saw an interesting interview with Tyger's family on the local news today. His Grandmother had Hawkeye decorations in her home and Tyger's mother said that he was hoping to receive an offer from Iowa so his grandmother could watch him play. I thought that Tyger did receive an Iowa offer and in fact 247Sports shows that he did. Water under the bridge now, but just thought it odd. I remember this board discussing him back when he was being recruited and thought that he was just another one that got away even though he had serious Iowa ties.

Saw an interesting interview with Tyger's family on the local news today. His Grandmother had Hawkeye decorations in her home and Tyger's mother said that he was hoping to receive an offer from Iowa so his grandmother could watch him play. I thought that Tyger did receive an Iowa offer and in fact 247Sports shows that he did. Water under the bridge now, but just thought it odd. I remember this board discussing him back when he was being recruited and thought that he was just another one that got away even though he had serious Iowa ties.

I seem to remember Fran pursuing him pretty hard, but apparently he reclassified to the 2018 class while he was in high school. How many scholarships did we have in that class? One. And it was taken by Joe Wieskamp years before. CJ jumped aboard in that class but without a scholarship at the time.

It just wasn't in the cards at the time. But I am sure that won't stop the keyboard warriors from crapping all over Fran for "missing" on Tyger.

There are a lot of Tyger Campbell guards out there. Fran has yet to land one. Pretty clear after watching all the tourney games that guards make everyone around them better. Hopefully Ulis is Iowa's version of this guy and Joe T. + maturity and more consistent PT will round out some of the rough spots and be more consistent. Lots of teams active in the portal and Iowa isn't one of them (again).

Toussaint needs to figure out how to control the game and facilitate like Tyger. He doesn’t try to score often, just makes everyone on the floor with him better

Until this year, I hadn't even realized he wasn't at Depaul. I remembered him committing there and that being the end of me paying any attention.

He needs a haircut. I dont understand all these kids with the wild hair. If i was coach you wouldnt see the floor until you had above ear and looked respectable! White or black.
He would get really upset when he was supposed to get his haircut so dad decided he didn't have to get it cut if he didn't want to. He hasn't had a haircut since he was 10 years old.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Great hair,... I'd want the kid on my team just for the hair.

I'd love to see some Iowa players with better hair. Get a Steven Adams, a Mike Conley, a Dennis Schröder, a Jusuf Nurkic, etc. Or an Ayo or Tyger.

Reactions: jellyfish10
I'd love to see some Iowa players with better hair. Get a Steven Adams, a Mike Conley, a Dennis Schröder, a Jusuf Nurkic, etc. Or an Ayo or Tyger.
Or me.

Are you gonna let your hair down after you retire?

Good grief. I'm glad we've progressed from attitudes of the 1940s.
You understand the hair in the 70's and 80's wasn't exactly of the buzz cut variety, right? And just for a little thought here, everyone who is yelling at the "Get off My Lawn" crowd is really no different than them. I mean, we're all allowed to have an opinion and chastising for someone having one seems just a bit off. Almost hypocritical?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
You understand the hair in the 70's and 80's wasn't exactly of the buzz cut variety, right? And just for a little thought here, everyone who is yelling at the "Get off My Lawn" crowd is really no different than them. I mean, we're all allowed to have an opinion and chastising for someone having one seems just a bit off. Almost hypocritical?
Laughing at someone is vastly different than yelling at them! 😂

Everyone is allowed an opinion. Just like everyone else is allowed to laugh and make fun of dumb ones.

Again my point made - you think it's a dumb opinion because you don't agree with it. Tolerance?

Opinions are opinions, some are dumb and some aren't. All opinions should not be given the same weight. For example, on HROT I've commented that I think Will Ferrell is a horribly unfunny actor and many people disagree. I don't go whining about it or calling out the people who think I'm wrong.

As someone who spent a long, long time in the Army, I think focusing on haircuts and having them be uniform is dumb. There are far more important things to worry about, like talent, ability, work ethic, teamwork. Hair has nothing to do with any of those.

Opinions are opinions, some are dumb and some aren't. All opinions should not be given the same weight. For example, on HROT I've commented that I think Will Ferrell is a horribly unfunny actor and many people disagree. I don't go whining about it or calling out the people who think I'm wrong.

As someone who spent a long, long time in the Army, I think focusing on haircuts and having them be uniform is dumb. There are far more important things to worry about, like talent, ability, work ethic, teamwork. Hair has nothing to do with any of those.
The length of anyone's hair has zero significance to my comments. I could not care less.

Who was yelling? Is it because you don't agree with that person they are suddenly yelling?
Your words.

Dafuq?

HatB_-_Don_Mattingly_s_misfortune.png

ha! nice. my beard is bout 7 inches and my hair is to middle of my back wet. It curls up to shoulders dry. Im a very nice person inside. I just wish some people could see that.

The thread is already derailed so I will continue the wreck, but I always find it interesting that people I don’t know will feel the need to comment on appearance. I don’t give a shit, but it is rather odd IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fan In Black
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT